PDA

View Full Version : Premium calculator under ACA

jognlope
06-28-2012, 05:15 PM
http://healthreform.kff.org/Home/KHS/SubsidyCalculator.aspx?source=FS

My premium will be a little more than third of what is offered under low cost plan of NYS.

Tom
06-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Yes, and how many other people are going get stuck paying the other 2/3 for you? Because the COST is not coming down - it is going up. You better nope it is not DJ, 'cause he might not be around to serve you much longer.

ElKabong
06-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Yes, and how many other people are going get stuck paying the other 2/3 for you? Because the COST is not coming down - it is going up. You better nope it is not DJ, 'cause he might not be around to serve you much longer.

Leeches don't care who pays for them, as long as someone is paying their way

jognlope
06-28-2012, 07:22 PM
in 2014 the income-based premium caps for a "silver" healthcare plan (http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act/Title_I/Subtitle_D/Part_I#silver) for family of four would be the following:Health Insurance Premiums and Cost Sharing under PPACA for average family of 4.[18] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_1099_Taxpayer_Protection_and_Repayme nt_of_Exchange_Subsidy_Overpayments_Act_of_2011#ci te_note-private_pp-17)[98] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_1099_Taxpayer_Protection_and_Repayme nt_of_Exchange_Subsidy_Overpayments_Act_of_2011#ci te_note-hip-dhhs-97)[99] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_1099_Taxpayer_Protection_and_Repayme nt_of_Exchange_Subsidy_Overpayments_Act_of_2011#ci te_note-hipc-98)[100] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_1099_Taxpayer_Protection_and_Repayme nt_of_Exchange_Subsidy_Overpayments_Act_of_2011#ci te_note-treasury_12-99)Income % of federal poverty level (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_poverty_level)Premium Cap as a Share of IncomeIncome $ (family of 4)a (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_1099_Taxpayer_Protection_and_Repayme nt_of_Exchange_Subsidy_Overpayments_Act_of_2011#en dnote_fedpovlevel)Max Annual Out-of-Pocket PremiumPremium Savingsb (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_1099_Taxpayer_Protection_and_Repayme nt_of_Exchange_Subsidy_Overpayments_Act_of_2011#en dnote_fedpovlevelb)Additional Cost-Sharing Subsidy133%3% of income$31,900$992$10,345$5,040150%4% of income$33,075$1,323$9,918$5,040200%6.3% of income$44,100$2,778$8,366$4,000250%8.05% of income$55,125$4,438$6,597$1,930300%9.5% of income$66,150$6,284$4,628$1,480350%9.5% of income$77,175$7,332$3,512$1,480400%9.5% of income$88,200$8,379$2,395$1,480

a.^ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_1099_Taxpayer_Protection_and_Repayme nt_of_Exchange_Subsidy_Overpayments_Act_of_2011#re f_fedpovlevel) Note: In

jognlope
06-28-2012, 07:24 PM
this chart is under Affordable Care Act in wikipedia.

Anyway if you make between $60-80,000 a year you still pay only about 9% of annual income on health insurance. The 500% and up of poverty level income earners, not sure what they'll do other than shop through exchanges or pay penalty.

bigmack
06-28-2012, 07:45 PM
That's what I normally do when any legislation is passed. Wonder what this will do for me. How I can get something from it. Will they give me free shit. Will I qualify for the most they're handing out.

This drives my interest in politics.

jognlope
06-28-2012, 09:08 PM
No you're wrong. I am looking forward to the increased prosperity of our national when everyone is covered and health issues, selling one's house to pay for chemotherapy after the insurance runs out, etc etc are not in the way of realizing one's potential. And you aren't looking to see what will benefit you? Please....

jognlope
06-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Elkabong, once again, health care is just more affordable with everyone contributing to the national cost. Okay? So I post something helpful and why am I not surprised at this sewer of reaction. Use your brain for once.

ElKabong
06-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Elkabong, once again, health care FOR ME, JOGNLOPE, is just more affordable with everyone contributing to the MY cost OF INTERNET ACCESS, CABLE TV, BETTING $, ETC.... Okay? So I post something helpful and why am I not surprised at this sewer of reaction. Use your PAYCHECK TO FINANCE MY DESIRED LIFESTYLE.

FTFY

wisconsin
06-28-2012, 09:52 PM
everyone contributing to the national cost.

You mean most of us picking up the tab.

jognlope
06-28-2012, 10:49 PM
I don't know how the rest of you would be picking up the tab is your premiums will be less, although not as much less as for a person of less income? Can you explain?

ElKabong
06-28-2012, 11:04 PM
- regardless if we pay less, which we won't, the quality of HCI we'll have will be radically diluted. That is plain to see. Only an idiot would argue otherwise.

- having lesser HCI quality, at my expense, pisses me off. Why am I paying for other's expanded coverage, when my own coverage will be more costly in the end, and have a drastic drop in quality....oh yeah, I forgot. It's Obama's trickle up poverty program.

It's all at the expense of the middle class. I'm sick and tired of people depending on my paycheck for an open ended period of time. People I don't know. People who will not improve their lot whether it be thru education or application of skills.

Clearly the celebration by dem's today is 'a stick in the eye' to the middle class. Most of them aren't stupid enough to believe the upper class / aka 1% will fund this....Obama successfully pitted one class vs the other. Someone will lose a career in nov, my bet is it won't be Romney. Obama pays for this bullshit move of his

Tom
06-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Where do you think the money is coming from?
You actually buy the BS that HC will cost less?

1 trillion dollars just got sucked out of the economy.
And you think suddenly everything is suddenly all rosie?

Do you have any idea who is going to pay this new Supreme Court tax?
75% of that trillion buck is coming from people making under 150K a year.

lsbets
06-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Where do you think the money is coming from?
You actually buy the BS that HC will cost less?

1 trillion dollars just got sucked out of the economy.
And you think suddenly everything is suddenly all rosie?

Do you have any idea who is going to pay this new Supreme Court tax?
75% of that trillion buck is coming from people making under 150K a year.

She doesn't care. She gets her stuff free. She sees no shame in being a ward of the state, in living a less than human existence where others take care of her. At least the illegals I've met work multiple jobs to earn money and build a better life for themselves and their children. My solution is to keep them and send those like jog to Mexico.

Tom
06-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Maybe this will be the wake up call for people who are sick and tired of carrying half the country.

In the pioneer days, if you did not pull your own weight, you got put out of the colony.

It is time for the national strike I have been advocating for a long time now.
Shut this country down and see how long they can go without a big teet to suck on.

Steve R
06-29-2012, 09:54 AM
http://healthreform.kff.org/Home/KHS/SubsidyCalculator.aspx?source=FS

My premium will be a little more than third of what is offered under low cost plan of NYS.
I played around with the calculator. A single person aged 22 who makes only $25,000 a year will have to pay $1,726 in premiums. In addition, maximum out-of-pocket costs will be $3,125 for a potential total of $4,851. A family of four making $200,000 will have to pay $16,858 in premiums with maximum out-of-pocket costs at $12,500 for a potential total of $29,358. This is the American solution to health care? Idiots!

Tom
06-29-2012, 10:08 AM
No, not idiots....thieves.
and,of course, LIARS.

Scumbags, goes without saying.

ElKabong
06-29-2012, 08:03 PM
I played around with the calculator. A single person aged 22 who makes only $25,000 a year will have to pay $1,726 in premiums. In addition, maximum out-of-pocket costs will be $3,125 for a potential total of $4,851. A family of four making $200,000 will have to pay $16,858 in premiums with maximum out-of-pocket costs at $12,500 for a potential total of $29,358. This is the American solution to health care? Idiots!

People like jognlope will game the system for all it's worth. They may pay the first yr, then catch on to the grift this thing has available, and pay NOTHING thereafter.

People like that are what they are. On the DU there are threads already posting up how to get by w/o paying in. Then what happens?? The people who DO pay in, will need to pay more just to fund the damn thing.

DU posts below

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002870623

-----------------------------

If it's cheaper to pay the tax and you can enroll immediately upon finding out you have a serious illness, what's the motiviation to enroll until then?
-----------------------------
You can still go out and get insurance because you can't be excluded....Why would you get a coverage offset for something you didn't have?? Taxes are paid at the end of the year so you would be paying it for not having coverage during the previous year. When you get sick, you can just go out and get health insurance and as soon as it becomes effective you can get treatments covered.
----------------------------

let's say you have been relatively healthy so you just pay the 60 per month.

Then you go in and get diagnosed with let's say cancer. Or something that will require expensive long term care (it won't kill you today).

Then you just go and set up an insurance plan before getting treatment.

Consider car insurance instead: if you could just pay 5 bucks a month in fines for not having it wouldn't you? Probably. Especially if you could also purchase full auto coverage at any point regardless of the condition of your car by law. So you roll along for years paying only the fine. Then you get in a bad wreck so you call up the insurers get coverage to cover the repairs and then drop it once that's done.

That would make more sense than paying for it all along.
------------------------

ElKabong
06-29-2012, 08:36 PM
more posts to that DU thread...these folks have the system gamed already, and the decision is only a day old, lol

-----------------------
I still don't understand the incentive (in the ACA plan) for people to buy the insurance.

If I have a family of 4 and our total income is $75,000, our premiums would be around $7000 per year, taking the subsidy into account.

If they choose to forego insurance, the tax would be around $1800.

If something catastrophic occurs, they can immediately enroll and get coverage.
--------------------------
And if the injured can't cover the uninsured expenses who pays for that? How is that any different than it is today?

In the meantime, the unisured has only paid a small tax and saved thousands by foregoing coverage.
------------------------------
You're absolutely right. Especially when you consider that the low-end plans will likely come with large deductibles, it really makes little sense to get insurance. Even if you have insurance, you'd still have to pay a fair bit out of pocket before you get any benefits. It makes a lot more sense to simply pay out-of-pocket, and then sign up if something terrible happens.

What this means, of course, is that for the whole thing to work, the penalty and the cost of the insurance would have to be close--around the value of insurance to a healthy person, which I gather would be the value of things like preventive care, which aren't subject to the deductible. If not, the rational outcome would be ever-higher premiums as only the sickest patients find it worthwhile to get insurance.
----------------------------------
Yes. I think of ACA as "Disease" insurance.
------------------------------------
That's going to be the most rational way to go, for many people. Probably there will be seminars and books explaining how to best game the system.
--------------------------------------
People should game the system as hard as they possibly can. **** being good little moral peasant pawns while the corporations loot and pillage our wealth, our resources and our labor. If you want to be a 1% fluffer, that's your choice.
-------------------------------------------
You buy insurance as soon as you suspect you are seriously ill. Or, it appears to me, that would be the rational economic decision.

No insurance means you're on your own for the bill, but there's scant reason to buy insurance unless you are, in fact, ill.
-------------------------------------------

NJ Stinks
06-29-2012, 08:37 PM
In the pioneer days, if you did not pull your own weight, you got put out of the colony.

As long as we're looking back fondly, in days gone by some king would have had you beheaded for a lot of the stuff you post in Off Topic. :rolleyes:

ElKabong
06-29-2012, 10:03 PM
As long as we're looking back fondly, in days gone by some king would have had you beheaded for a lot of the stuff you post in Off Topic. :rolleyes:

But they'd have to get past the army Tom has with him, to get to him.....In this case Tom's army would be bigger than the king's :) ....the king would feel the tight collar, instead

newtothegame
06-29-2012, 10:43 PM
But they'd have to get past the army Tom has with him, to get to him.....In this case Tom's army would be bigger than the king's :) ....the king would feel the tight collar, instead
along with the dead weight which would still be kicked out....only this time with a smaller neck king to lead their utopian azzes!

Tom
06-29-2012, 11:02 PM
As long as we're looking back fondly, in days gone by some king would have had you beheaded for a lot of the stuff you post in Off Topic.

They had it right when they beheaded royalty.
There is no such thing as royalty and anyone who claims to be royal should be beheaded at once. It is a disgrace to humanity to claim to be a royal.