PDA

View Full Version : Entering a contest tonight at EvD

PhantomOnTour
06-28-2012, 10:57 AM
I never play in handicapping tournaments/contests, but tonight i am entered in one at EvD.
I am mainly doing it for the sake of a newbie who is on the verge of getting hooked by this great game....a good placing tonight may seal the deal.
Imagine the pressure...his future in this game may depend on how we do tonight.
It's a $2 win/place format on the entire card...you must bet each race.
Top prize is nothing huge (i think it's a $1000 money added event :) )

Soooooo...if you play EvD (i do not) and have 'capped tonight's card...AND have a good horse or two....send 'em along !

JBmadera
06-28-2012, 11:27 AM
a few long shots (before scratches and track condition update) using the good old robot:

r9) wide open affair, :1:,:6:,:5:
r8) fav is solid but for a tourny I would try to beat with the :1:,:6:
r6) 2 looks good but the 'bot says try to beat with :7:,:3:
r4) sets up nice for the :1:, sits behind the speed dual

have fun!

PhantomOnTour
06-28-2012, 11:55 AM
A few i am using tonight...

R2 - #8 Miss Acapulco 8-1 ML
R7 - #1 Galloping Game 5-1 ML
R9 - #8 And Music Came 8-1 ML

using Kirk LeBlanc quite a bit tonight (at least 3x) so i hope he's on his game.

FiveWide
06-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Looks like you did well on these 3 races! Let us know how you did overall. Great capping!

-Five

PhantomOnTour
06-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Well folks, i think a new racing fan was born tonight.
We finished in 15th place out of about 65 entrants...not bad.

I told this kid that we are gonna play LeBlanc all night, and after the first 3 races we were winning the contest. Leblanc's mounts ran 2nd for $18.00, 2nd for $5.60, and 1st for $10.40 & $5.20...format was a $2 win/place. We hit LeBlanc again in R9 when he ran 2nd for $7.40.
Lemme tell ya, after those first 3 races i was nearing deity status with this group of strangers. It was then that i realized they were actually listening to me and things went south for a few races :D

The atmosphere was great...crowded clubhouse and plenty of hootin and hollerin for your horse (something i miss since i play at home all the time).
In real money the kid bet about $50 and got back $125...and a huge bite from the racing bug.

Good times

Dahoss2002
06-29-2012, 01:17 AM
Glad yall had a great time. Keep up the recruiting!!!

Helles
06-29-2012, 11:01 AM
That kid is ruined for life! :)

thaskalos
06-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Well folks, i think a new racing fan was born tonight.
We finished in 15th place out of about 65 entrants...not bad.

I told this kid that we are gonna play LeBlanc all night, and after the first 3 races we were winning the contest. Leblanc's mounts ran 2nd for $18.00, 2nd for $5.60, and 1st for $10.40 & $5.20...format was a $2 win/place. We hit LeBlanc again in R9 when he ran 2nd for $7.40.
Lemme tell ya, after those first 3 races i was nearing deity status with this group of strangers. It was then that i realized they were actually listening to me and things went south for a few races :D

The atmosphere was great...crowded clubhouse and plenty of hootin and hollerin for your horse (something i miss since i play at home all the time).
In real money the kid bet about $50 and got back $125...and a huge bite from the racing bug.

Good times

Expect a call from the kid's parents soon...:)

DeltaLover
06-29-2012, 10:56 PM
I would never consider introducing any one (especially a young man) to horse betting or any other form of gambling... I would rather advice them to stay clear....

Robert Goren
06-30-2012, 03:35 AM
I would never consider introducing any one (especially a young man) to horse betting or any other form of gambling... I would rather advice them to stay clear....I tend to agree with that. Very few gamblers are ahead lifetime, even fewer horse players are. I do everything possible to discourage the people I care about from gambling. It is a monkey on a lot of people's back. There is a reason most people consider horse players degenerate gamblers. It is because at least 90% are.