PDA

View Full Version : SA - San Fernando BC

kingfin66
01-10-2004, 01:12 PM
This is a great race with a nice field running. There is an abundance of real speed on the front in this one, thus, setting the race up nicely for a closer. In my view, the only true closer in the race is Spensive, trained by Baffert and ridden by Stevens.

Connections aside, Spensive has the ability to be in this race and should be helped the most by the pace scenerio. The less than awe inspiring speed figs and long layoff should both help make this one a longshot on the board. I prefer to look at that layoff as a springboard to development. The decision: Spensive is a win play for me at 7/1 odds or better (12/1 ML, should be even higher).

As for the rest of the field, there is no prohibitive favorite. I have no problem going against a favorite in this race, and believe that the 7 (Touch the Wire), 8 (Anziyan Royalty), and 9 (Toccet), are all solid contenders.

My plays: $20 Win #10 @ 7/1 or better; $20 Win #7 @ 6/1 or better.

Not sure if I want to play an exacta, but if I do, would go 7-10/7-8-9-10.

Trifecta would be, 7-10/7-8-9-10/7-8-9-10

Post time for this one is 1pm EST/4pm PST.

Bubbles
01-10-2004, 03:01 PM
I like During (#3, Classy, classy horse), Anziyan Royalty (#8, Too sharp on the front end to ignore, may be a decent price), and Senor Swinger (#5, Fan of the turf-to-dirt angle; lots of pace to run at). Also may put Domestic Dispute (#6) and Touch the Wire (#7) in exotics. Good thing is that this is the first race I've capped in a while, and if I lose, I'll be extra-sharp in the contest, my second start off a layoff. :D :D :D

Hammerhead
01-10-2004, 05:29 PM
SA
Race 8
I like in a box, exacta or triple

1, 3, 9

Playing the 1 to Win

Hammerhead
01-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Tells you what I know. Nice exacta but no tri or win.

I'll take it

PaceAdvantage
01-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Poor Toccet almost got the job done...I though Toccet was done when they hit the top of the stretch, but he kept coming...too bad During had to take the race from him....

Speed Figure
01-10-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Hammerhead
Tells you what I know. Nice exacta but no tri or win.

I'll take it

The exacta is better than nothing! :D

Hammerhead
01-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Of course I'm delighted I will take a $88.00 exacta everyday. Hoped for the tri but they put to much distance in the race.
;)

plainolebill
01-10-2004, 08:36 PM
That During is one game colt, he was right there pressing the pace the whole way and still tough at the end.

Bubbles
01-10-2004, 10:04 PM
During has tons of class. If a race is run on a track with no moisture in it, he cannot be ignored.

Bubbles
01-11-2004, 08:34 AM
Can anyone comprehend why During went off at 4-1? He won the Discovery and Jerome over respectable company, and his last was a throw-out because he hates muddy tracks. Had him to win, and it isn't often a favorite pays $10 when he comes in. Also played During with the horses I listed earlier in exotics, so I was rooting for Touch the Wire's rally to hold up, but that blasted Toccet had to spoil everythng. Grrrrrrrrrr...