PDA

View Full Version : Some Oaks and Derby runners being tested for Demorphin

Grits
06-27-2012, 03:17 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/70847/ky-derby-oaks-samples-tested-for-dermorphin

1st time lasix
06-27-2012, 03:49 PM
They are more likely to find it...if they check the barn of Jamie Ness or the other MidWest bandits. :eek:

Sysonby
06-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Looks like they're testing a lot of horses for this, it's a good step.

Fox
06-27-2012, 07:44 PM
According to the article, 5 samples were taken from the Derby. Anyone know if it is random sampling or some other method of selecting which horses are sampled? Hopefully, they took a sample from IHA.

You would think for Grade 1 stakes, they would take samples from all horses.

nijinski
06-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Keith Charles has had 103 starts since 2010 . Not your everyday trainer.

Grits
06-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Looks like they're testing a lot of horses for this, it's a good step.

Sysonby, I agree with you, it is a good step.

PhantomOnTour
06-27-2012, 08:44 PM
...and as we speak, a new drug is being synthesized... :(

lamboguy
06-28-2012, 02:39 AM
According to the article, 5 samples were taken from the Derby. Anyone know if it is random sampling or some other method of selecting which horses are sampled? Hopefully, they took a sample from IHA.

You would think for Grade 1 stakes, they would take samples from all horses.from the article, i gather that it was the kentucky state racing commission that ordered these tests. if this is the case, its a great start because they will report the findings one way or the other and real soon. exposing the cheaters and dealing with them cannot be bad for the game.

i hope that they do test IHA and not find anything. but in case they do, it would bring the game to its lowest point. it could be the final wake up call if they find anything suspicious in any of the tests they perform on the horses in those races.

i remember the days when kentucky performed "super tests". in those days the culprits knew ahead of time through the grapevine that they were going to take place, and made sure their horses were clean. today it sounds like they are performing these tests and they certainly could find something.