PDA

View Full Version : Shelby, Who Do You Like ?

Beachbabe
06-26-2012, 11:12 PM
A talented field of 11 distaffers has been assembled to go a mile on the Indiana Downs turf Wednesday in the $100,000 Girls Inc. of Shelbyville, Shelby County Stakes. Grade 1 winner Hooh Why (Cloud Hopping) continues the game of musical barns by lining up for new trainer Anthony Granitz in the race. The six-year-old mare has bounced back and forth between different shedrows her entire career, but will be making her first start at Indiana Downs off a runner-up effort in the Grade 3 Arlington Matron Stakes. Hard Seven (Rock Hard Ten) and Ravi's Song (Unbridled's Song) will face-off for the second straight time after running third and fourth, respectively, in the Grade 3 Mint Julep Handicap on June 2. Hard Seven also finished third in the Santa Ana and Santa Barbara Stakes, both Grade 2s, at Santa Anita prior to her last run at Churchill Downs. Another in with a chance is Grade 2 heroine Kathmanblu (Bluegrass Cat), who is looking to rebound off a subpar last-place effort in the Arlington Matron...

nijinski
06-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Moonstruck Nemi
Frontside
Ravi's Song

tbwinner
06-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Grade 1 winner Hooh Why (Cloud Hopping) continues the game of musical barns by lining up for new trainer Anthony Granitz in the race. The six-year-old mare has bounced back and forth between different shedrows her entire career,

Eh hem, the "real" trainer likely has licensing issues thus the constant barn
"changes". Know this horse from being Chicago-based and hearing stories behind it.

Shelby
06-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Cool! I didn't know about this race. Nice stakes.

And, it's named after me......:D;)

I haven't looked at pp's, but, off the top I'd have to pick Kathmanblu.

Shelby
06-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Cool! I didn't know about this race. Nice stakes.

And, it's named after me......:D;)

I haven't looked at pp's, but, off the top I'd have to pick Kathmanblu.

Wow, terrible pick!

iceknight
06-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Moonstruck Nemi
Frontside
Ravi's Song Good call. By the way I was watching Nijinsky's videos recently (for the 1st time.. what a horse!)

nijinski
06-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Good call. By the way I was watching Nijinsky's videos recently (for the 1st time.. what a horse!)
I've read alot about him but haven't seen the video's. One tough horse to handle , but yes what a champ.
Missed a good deal of training with that awful bout of Ringworm . Still always showed up.

iceknight
06-28-2012, 10:18 PM
I've read alot about him but haven't seen the video's. One tough horse to handle , but yes what a champ.
Missed a good deal of training with that awful bout of Ringworm . Still always showed up. I caught the link to the videos from whobet's website.. that trks2day one.

http://www.chef-de-race.com/video/race_videos.htm

nijinski
06-28-2012, 10:45 PM
I caught the link to the videos from whobet's website.. that trks2day one.

http://www.chef-de-race.com/video/race_videos.htm

Cool site , just watched Sea Bird , was my Dad's Euro fave , Thanks.