PDA

View Full Version : Reddam cuts a deal with Japanese interest

Grits
06-22-2012, 03:41 PM
So long, I'll Have Another. It was real. While it lasted.

http://www.drf.com/news/i%E2%80%99ll-have-another-sold-stud-duty-japan

redshift1
06-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Domestic interest in IHA was light. Joins Empire Maker in Japan.

tucker6
06-22-2012, 04:53 PM
So long, I'll Have Another. It was real. While it lasted.

http://www.drf.com/news/i%E2%80%99ll-have-another-sold-stud-duty-japan
Reddam - “It’s kind of sad. I would have liked to have had a lot of I’ll Have Anothers.”

What a BS comment. He had all the power in the world to create more IHA's, but chose the upfront money from Japan. He's not sad. He's happy he made more money. Not chastizing him for getting more money, but stop with the BS. You sold out for more money plain and simple. The crocodile tears are just that.

Let's hope IHA lives a long and fruitful life over there.

Robert Fischer
06-22-2012, 05:03 PM
cool horse, and I think he has a solid pedigree.

good luck and congrats to IHA

Grits
06-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Let's hope IHA lives a long and fruitful life over there.

Tucker, hopefully, he enjoys the same incredible stud career as the great Sunday Silence. Top sire in Japan for 12 years.

I wish him a long and healthy life. He's been an exciting colt to follow and watch race.

nijinski
06-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Maybe IHA will have a future meeting with Rags to Riches.

PhantomOnTour
06-22-2012, 07:16 PM
I guess i'm just disappointed.

I wanted him here in the USA

nijinski
06-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Maybe IHA will have a future meeting with Rags to Riches.

Never mind , she's in Ireland I just heard.

letswastemoney
06-22-2012, 08:18 PM
I personally don't care, but I also see it as a black eye for racing because I know his fans want him to stay here and already are imagining a Ferdinand-type scenario. I don't think that will happen again, but it's already set into people's minds. Besides that, it would have been nice if IHA's fans could have visited him throughout his retirement.

GARY Z
06-23-2012, 10:26 AM
i'll have another is sold for stud duty ,relocating to Japan..

DJofSD
06-23-2012, 10:31 AM
As much as it goes against my political beliefs, sometimes I think the US needs a national stud.

Keep those good prospects here.

GARY Z
06-24-2012, 05:39 AM
There was a posting days before the Belmont questioning IHA might have been
sold, possibly creating the scratch, and someone else felt
IAH was being treated for various issues in his barn which would surface
in the detention barn thereby creating the scratch.

Paranoia, possibly, but then again this owner clearly stated he was
interested in racing,not breeding, so he negotiates a deal with the
Japanese for the big $$ in an effort to insulate himself
from IHA.

Chances of seeing one of the babies racing in the U.S. is virtually zero.

This owner should also consider moving to Japan after this fiasco,

magwell
06-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Domestic interest in IHA was light. Joins Empire Maker in Japan. Exactly.... most people would have done the same thing {its all about the $} :)

Robert Goren
06-24-2012, 09:26 AM
It is always about the money. I hate when people pretend otherwise. The guy got lucky with this horse and now he gets a bunch of money which I am sure he will plow back into the sport. How is that a bad thing?

piamemow
06-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Do the Japanese take good care of their horses? Look what has happened in the past! It seems like these very rich owners really dont care about the horse. Is there something out there where the us keeps a eye on the horse so they are not misused or abused? Dont want to see another Ferdinand!!!

Grits
06-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Yes. They do take good care of their horses. Sunday Silence came to be one of the greatest sires Japan has known. He was treated as royalty until the day he died. Don't base all experience on the death of Ferdinand. People seem to recall only the tragic. Instead, celebrate the greater experiences in their thoroughbred industry.

nijinski
06-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Do the Japanese take good care of their horses? Look what has happened in the past! It seems like these very rich owners really dont care about the horse. Is there something out there where the us keeps a eye on the horse so they are not misused or abused? Dont want to see another Ferdinand!!!
Many here in the states are including buy back clauses in the sales contracts , should the stud value decline.
We also have people over there keeping an eye our high profile horses.
Even Three Chimney's is involved with visits.
I also want to add that Big Red Farm where IHA is going is a good place to be . It looks like he will be very well cared for .

We seem to always point our fingers at Japan . Remember Exceller was put through a horrible death in Sweden. Owners are well aware of these matters now and don't seem to mind adding those clauses .

FantasticDan
07-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Great piece by Haskin:

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/archive/2012/07/07/i-won-t-have-another.aspx

pam916
08-05-2012, 05:35 AM
I personally don't care, but I also see it as a black eye for racing because I know his fans want him to stay here and already are imagining a Ferdinand-type scenario. I don't think that will happen again, but it's already set into people's minds. Besides that, it would have been nice if IHA's fans could have visited him throughout his retirement.

x2

pam916
08-28-2012, 03:21 AM

x3