PDA

View Full Version : UK/IRE racing questions

JBmadera
06-22-2012, 08:28 AM
couple of quick questions:

-when betting on UK/IRE races thru TVG or Twinspires are the bets pooled with the local handle?

-are there software packages available for UK/IRE races similar to HTR or HSH?

thanks!

horses4courses
06-22-2012, 09:33 AM
couple of quick questions:

-when betting on UK/IRE races thru TVG or Twinspires are the bets pooled with the local handle?

-are there software packages available for UK/IRE races similar to HTR or HSH?

thanks!

I can't answer your software question, but I know a little about the pools offered.
The answer to that is they vary.

Today's first race at Royal Ascot is a good example of the best pool offered - the international one. There is over $250k bet into the W/P pools with over 10 minutes to post. You see these for big races (Ascot, Dubai, etc.) and they are rare. I don't have an accurate takeout number, but even at a high rate, the volume bet offsets the takeout, and the payoffs are comparable to bettor-friendly UK bookmakers' odds.
Exotics pay well, also, and trifectas (if offered) are often generous.
Day to day UK and Irish pools offered in the US are a rip-off in the extreme, with high takeout, and a limited menu. The pools are small, and volatile.
Best avoided on the average race day there.
Big race days? Take a shot!

(Over $400k in R1 Ascot pool at post)

JBmadera
06-22-2012, 10:10 AM
I can't answer your software question, but I know a little about the pools offered.
The answer to that is they vary.

Today's first race at Royal Ascot is a good example of the best pool offered - the international one. There is over $250k bet into the W/P pools with over 10 minutes to post. You see these for big races (Ascot, Dubai, etc.) and they are rare. I don't have an accurate takeout number, but even at a high rate, the volume bet offsets the takeout, and the payoffs are comparable to bettor-friendly UK bookmakers' odds.
Exotics pay well, also, and trifectas (if offered) are often generous.
Day to day UK and Irish pools offered in the US are a rip-off in the extreme, with high takeout, and a limited menu. The pools are small, and volatile.
Best avoided on the average race day there.
Big race days? Take a shot!

(Over $400k in R1 Ascot pool at post)

thank you. given the current state of mid week racing in the US I'm starting to look for new oppty's.