PDA

View Full Version : PaceAdvantage TOS

highnote
06-22-2012, 12:10 AM
I recently read the PaceAdvantage Terms of Service. The following point caught my eye:

You agree not to use this forum to accuse anyone, any company or any product or service of being "stupid"

I have seen a few posts over the past few days that say something to this effect: "Your post is idiotic." "Your thinking is idiotic."

Even if it the person writing these statements is correct, is this kind of statement a violation of the TOS?

Robert Fischer
06-22-2012, 12:38 AM
yes

mostpost
06-22-2012, 01:19 AM
yes
Sometimes they are. They really, really are.
For example; posts involving Zenyatta.
"Zenyatta is the greatest horse that ever lived" Stupid.
"If Zenyatta raced it the east she would be a $10,000 claimer" Stupid.

mostpost
06-22-2012, 01:21 AM
I recently read the PaceAdvantage Terms of Service. The following point caught my eye:

I have seen a few posts over the past few days that say something to this effect: "Your post is idiotic." "Your thinking is idiotic."

Even if it the person writing these statements is correct, is this kind of statement a violation of the TOS?
Reading the rules is against the rules. Stop it.

HuggingTheRail
06-22-2012, 01:31 AM
...And the sign says you gotta have a membership card to get inside??

toetoe
06-22-2012, 01:37 AM
...And the sign says you gotta have a membership card to get inside??

Five-Man Electrical Band ? Oops, that's a clown question, bro. I'm in violation. :blush:

iceknight
06-22-2012, 01:47 AM

Even if it the person writing these statements is correct, is this kind of statement a violation of the TOS? The intent of that statement in the TOS is to prevent defamation and abuse. However, in case of people who revel in that type of attention, I think the the rule is not enforced rigorously :lol: .
PS: This is the only part of the TOS which I framed and hung on the wall.
Polite queries will elicit polite and helpful responses, likewise, that ranting and raving, bashing, and insults will prompt commensurate responses. Ye shall reap what ye sow.

098poi
06-22-2012, 06:53 AM

It is the way of the world now. I read an interesting article not long ago by someone who has been a part of the computer world from the beginning and he said when the internet first grew and people could reply publicly to articles and the like he had great hopes for real discussion and expression. Fast forward to now and he realizes that it did not turn out that way. Look at any article on any public site that allows comments and there is always some juvenile attack on someone else's opinion, name calling etc. I doubt I can find the original but I will try, it was a good read.

highnote
06-22-2012, 11:27 AM
It is the way of the world now. I read an interesting article not long ago by someone who has been a part of the computer world from the beginning and he said when the internet first grew and people could reply publicly to articles and the like he had great hopes for real discussion and expression. Fast forward to now and he realizes that it did not turn out that way. Look at any article on any public site that allows comments and there is always some juvenile attack on someone else's opinion, name calling etc. I doubt I can find the original but I will try, it was a good read.

That's a good point.

Rookies
06-22-2012, 06:02 PM

You agree not to use this forum to accuse anyone, any company or any product or service of being "stupid"

I think the more robust, meaningful, synonym type word here comes from Shawshank and Dufresne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IrCgt-Bt1I
Loved it.

Beachbabe
06-22-2012, 10:43 PM
I think the more robust, meaningful, synonym type word here comes from Shawshank and Dufresne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IrCgt-Bt1I
Loved it.

It was on tonight on AMC.....8:00 to 11:00

Great movie.

highnote
06-23-2012, 12:04 AM
It was on tonight on AMC.....8:00 to 11:00

Great movie.

The thing I like about Steven King is that he is one of the best at writing great endings.