PDA

View Full Version : Bain/Romney and Clear Channel

highnote
06-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Not sure if anyone has posted on PaceAdvantage about Bain Capital being one of the primary owners of Clear Channel. Sorry if this is old news.

http://www.infowars.com/bain-capital-owns-clear-channel-romney-supported-by-talk-show-sphere/

It makes a lot of sense why conservative talk show hosts tend to support Romney. Romney is their boss.

Clear Channel is the largest distributor of conservative talk radio shows.

Conservative pundits whose livelihood depends on the Clear Channel network probably tend not to say anything negative about their boss or their company over the airwaves.

What a great way to get elected -- control the media.

Reminds me of Silvio Burlesconi, media mogul and three time prime mininster of Italy.

bigmack
06-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Wouldn’t it be great if a Republican presidential candidate could just buy the support of just about every major conservative talk show host in America? Well, it may not be as far-fetched as you may think.

What pile of manure. Ask Boxcar what Limbaugh, Levine, Beck & others felt about Romney.

TJDave
06-19-2012, 02:29 PM
It makes a lot of sense why conservative talk show hosts tend to support Romney. Romney is their boss.

As part of his severance package, Romney is a minority investor with Bain and takes no role in company decisions. Clear Channel may be in-the-tank for Romney but it ain't because he's the boss.

lamboguy
06-19-2012, 02:36 PM
who cares what they do or don't do?

the only thing that matters today is the price of the election, right now THE GREEK.COM will accept up to a $50,000 wager on this upcoming presidential election.

as of right now they have BARACK OBAMA $155 to win $100, and MITT ROMNEY $100 to win $135.

Tom
06-19-2012, 02:45 PM

That is exactly how Obama got elected in the first place.
It is so blatantly obvious the media is in his pocket.....

Listen to Rush today for the latest doctoring of sound bytes to fit the anti-Romney agenda by the now-proven liar and spin whore, Andrea Mitchell, MSNBC News! :lol:

Funny post, John, really, you almost had me there!

ArlJim78
06-19-2012, 03:12 PM
I hope this thread was tongue-in-cheek or a flat out joke. If not then you must not listen to talk radio a great deal. control the media? that's too funny.

highnote
06-19-2012, 03:58 PM
I think owning the media is a brilliant strategy for getting elected.

With that kind of intelligence maybe he deserves to be president?

bigmack
06-19-2012, 04:00 PM
I think owning the media is a brilliant strategy for getting elected.

With that kind of intelligence maybe he deserves to be president?
Are you insane?

highnote
06-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Are you insane?

Is that a rhetorical question? :D

bigmack
06-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Is that a rhetorical question? :D
Why don't you start showing me where Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, among others, were/are in the tank for Romney.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

ArlJim78
06-19-2012, 04:10 PM
do you really think conservative talk radio had to be bought off to support Obama's opponent?
answer: No

who amongst the clear channel line-up might have come out for Obama if the nominee wasn't Romney with his Bain connection?
answer: None

Romney was not conservative talk radio's favorite candidate during the primaries either, so this theory makes no sense.

speaking of conservative talk radio, has anyone heard any more about Huckleberry and his quest to dethrone Limbaugh? :lol:
hadn't heard a peep since day one when his first caller was staged.

TJDave
06-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Why don't you start showing me where Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, among others, were/are in the tank for Romney.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

How many who listen to Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck will vote for Obama?

I'll wait while you do your ciphering.

bigmack
06-19-2012, 04:19 PM

WTF are you babbling about?

JustRalph
06-19-2012, 04:21 PM
I suppose that if Bain wasn't involved with clear channel guys like Limbaugh and Levine would be trying to get Obama re elected

boxcar
06-19-2012, 04:27 PM
What pile of manure. Ask Boxcar what Limbaugh, Levine, Beck & others felt about Romney.

Or better yet, just ask Boxcar what he thinks about him. :D

Boxcar

boxcar
06-19-2012, 04:29 PM

They wouldn't vote for BO if he were the only one running! :D

Boxcar

Robert Goren
06-19-2012, 04:31 PM
If history proves one thing, if Bain is involved there will be fewer employees at Clear Channel. Bain didn't takeover Clear Channel because it was making a ton of money. My guess there will be few less conservative radio host there before long.

TJDave
06-19-2012, 04:33 PM
WTF are you babbling about?

Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.

Aren't there only two choices?

Are the Three Stooges suggesting anyone not vote for Romney?

Seriously?

bigmack
06-19-2012, 04:36 PM
If history proves one thing, if Bain is involved there will be fewer employees at Clear Channel. Bain didn't takeover Clear Channel because it was making a ton of money. My guess there will be few less conservative radio host there before long.
See what happens when you have a thread generated by an idiotic premise.

You end up with psychotic responses like that.

mostpost
06-19-2012, 04:56 PM
That is exactly how Obama got elected in the first place.
It is so blatantly obvious the media is in his pocket.....

Listen to Rush today as he doctors sound bytes to fit the anti-Obama agenda by the now-proven liar and obese spin whore, Rush Limbaugh,EIB (Effluvia In Broadcasting) Network

Funny post, John, really, you almost had me there!
FTFY

boxcar
06-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.

Aren't there only two choices?

Are the Three Stooges suggesting anyone not vote for Romney?

Seriously?

Nice to know that I'm not a stooge. :lol:

Boxcar

JustRalph
06-19-2012, 06:17 PM

You end up with psychotic responses like that.

2nd the motion!

ElKabong
06-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Not sure if anyone has posted on PaceAdvantage about Bain Capital being one of the primary owners of Clear Channel. Sorry if this is old news.

http://www.infowars.com/bain-capital-owns-clear-channel-romney-supported-by-talk-show-sphere/

Clear Channel is the largest distributor of conservative talk radio shows.

Conservative pundits whose livelihood depends on the Clear Channel network probably tend not to say anything negative about their boss or their company over the airwaves.

Reminds me of Silvio Burlesconi, media mogul and three time prime mininster of Italy.

I hope you don't take offense, but this post above is sheer lunacy (if this was a serious post). You do realize CC was begun by Lowry Mays (VERY conservative) and Red McCombs. Mays is an Aggie from San Aantonio, started the idea for CC in the early 1970s, has given a bazillion $$$ to republican candidates large and small

But you're focused on Bain, and Romney in particular. "Most transparent evah", congrats

highnote
06-19-2012, 09:46 PM
I hope you don't take offense, but this post above is sheer lunacy (if this was a serious post). You do realize CC was begun by Lowry Mays (VERY conservative) and Red McCombs. Mays is an Aggie from San Aantonio, started the idea for CC in the early 1970s, has given a bazillion $$$ to republican candidates large and small

But you're focused on Bain, and Romney in particular. "Most transparent evah", congrats

I don't take offense. I'm just putting "it" out there.

If one is planning on running for president the first thing one should do is try control the media.

OK, so maybe Romney can't control the Corporation for Public Broadcasting :D , but he can orchestrate taking a conservative media company private. It seems like a smart strategy.

highnote
06-19-2012, 09:53 PM

It is not an idiotic premise, it is just one you do not like.

As I have written a few times already in this thread, if one is running for the highest office in the land it helps if one owns the media. Silvio Berlusconi is a good example.

What fool is going to criticize the man who writes his check? It is an even bigger fool who would criticize his boss on the boss's network.

I see nothing wrong with that premise. If your boss is paying you a large salary and you want to keep your salary then saying nothing negative about your boss to your millions of viewers sounds like a good strategy to me.

bigmack
06-19-2012, 10:41 PM
It is not an idiotic premise, it is just one you do not like.
It's clear, it's crap. Take the entire premise and try and come close to defending it.

Ideologues like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Glenn Beck take orders from Bain.

Good luck & good sellin'.

Tom
06-19-2012, 10:44 PM

Guess again.

Tom
06-19-2012, 10:48 PM
FTFY

Problem is, mostie, even Andrea Mitchell, MSNBC news played the UNdoctored version today, claiming they did not have time to play the whole byte. They did have time to laugh and insinuate Romney was ignorant, as thier doctored clip made it sound.

You see, when reality is known FTFY means nothing. The liars have been exposed.

Even the rest of the drive-by-media stayed away from this obvious Obama sponsored hack job! All except YOU! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
06-19-2012, 10:53 PM
What fool is going to criticize the man who writes his check?

Honest men, those with character. You insult them with this premise.
Libs probably have no idea what I am talking about here.

highnote
06-20-2012, 12:56 AM
Honest men, those with character. You insult them with this premise.
Libs probably have no idea what I am talking about here.

It sounds good in theory, but I doubt that every man has character.

highnote
06-20-2012, 01:07 AM
It's clear, it's crap. Take the entire premise and try and come close to defending it.

Ideologues like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Glenn Beck take orders from Bain.

Good luck & good sellin'.

The fact of the matter is Romney helped take Clear Channel private and his company is a big stakeholder in Clear Channel.

That in and of itself is not an indictment. However, it is worth taking a closer look at.

Do the commentators at Fox News and Wall Street Journal criticize Rupert Murdoch?

How about Bloomberg? How many of the commentators his company employs criticize his policies -- like the stupid one about limiting the size of soft drinks that can be sold in New York City?

How about William Randolf Hearst? He was infamous for creating yellow journalism.

Murdoch and Fox have taken yellow journalism to a whole new level. Have you read the NY Post lately?

However, I love it. The more sensational the more fun it is to read. So I'm not bashing it. I'm just calling it the way I see it.

bigmack
06-20-2012, 01:12 AM
So I'm not bashing it. I'm just calling it the way I see it.
Get over yourself. As is your usual technique, you post op/ed pieces and look for a reaction. You aren't calling anything the way you see it.

Here's a tip. Try and post one that has legs. This one is laughable as are most you post.

ElKabong
06-20-2012, 01:12 AM
If one is planning on running for president the first thing one should do is try control the media.

OK, so maybe Romney can't control the Corporation for Public Broadcasting :D , but he can orchestrate taking a conservative media company private. It seems like a smart strategy.

Did it dawn on you that CC was a good deal to be had?

There's a bigger story here concerning Mays and CC, none of which has to do with dominating the world's airwaves for republican gain. It was a well run business led by a guy that had a stroke 2-3 yrs before the sale. If I had Bain's $$ I'd have gone after it too.

highnote
06-20-2012, 01:21 AM
Get over yourself. As is your usual technique, you post op/ed pieces and look for a reaction. You aren't calling anything the way you see it.

Here's a tip. Try and post one that has legs. This one is laughable as are most you post.

Clear Channel is very beneficial to Romney in his quest for the presidency.

But just because you don't like anyone criticizing your presidential pick doesn't mean the topic is not open to discussion.

It is not insignficant that Romney has a large stake in Clear Channel and he could use that to his advantage. All's fair in love and war. So I don't blame him for using it to his advantage, but I think it should be known where he has his investments. Nothing wrong with transparency.

highnote
06-20-2012, 01:23 AM
Did it dawn on you that CC was a good deal to be had?

No doubt they they thought it was a good deal. Any good businessman will invest in good deals.

Bloomberg, Berlusconi, Romney, Hearst -- all owners of media and all politicians.

highnote
06-20-2012, 01:29 AM

And why are you being so nasty on this subject? I just thought Romney helping take CC private was interesting given that Romney is running for the highest office in the land -- in the world -- and I made some observations about it and some comments about human nature and you attack me personally.

Is there some reason you can't have a civil discourse?

If you want to criticize me, that's fine. I can take it. But I don't get the nastiness. Was I nasty toward you?

bigmack
06-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Bloomberg, Berlusconi, Romney, Hearst -- all owners of media and all politicians.
:lol: :lol:

Get a load of Columbo.

highnote
06-20-2012, 01:40 AM
:lol: :lol:

Get a load of Columbo.

Again. I am just stating facts.

I should have added -- all successful politicians and businessmen.

Is that such an awful thing to say?

Tom
06-20-2012, 07:35 AM
It sounds good in theory, but I doubt that every man has character.

But you do believe none of them do.
Nice.

Tom
06-20-2012, 07:36 AM
But just because you don't like anyone criticizing your presidential pick doesn't mean the topic is not open to discussion.

No discussion so far from you - just unsubstantiated fantasy.
Where's the beef?

lamboguy
06-20-2012, 08:43 AM
i really wonder why the republicans didn't get MARCO RUBIO nominated instead of a complete stiff like ROMNEY. RUBIO would have been a cinch in this election.

to me RUBIO looks like a very inspiring person that has great leadership qualities which this country needs more than oxygen.

rastajenk
06-20-2012, 09:15 AM
He would make a good apprentice president. In any head-to-head comparison with Biden, Rubio wins hands down.

Saratoga_Mike
06-20-2012, 09:31 AM
i really wonder why the republicans didn't get MARCO RUBIO nominated instead of a complete stiff like ROMNEY. RUBIO would have been a cinch in this election.

to me RUBIO looks like a very inspiring person that has great leadership qualities which this country needs more than oxygen.

Maybe the country isn't looking to vote for another young and inexperienced, yet insipirational politican on the top of the ticket? Just a thought.

highnote
06-20-2012, 10:48 AM
But you do believe none of them do.
Nice.

I said I doubt that every man has character. I did not say every man has character. Nor did I say every man does not have character.

You say I said I believe none of them do, but that is not what I said at all.

Now do you see what I said? :D

highnote
06-20-2012, 11:06 AM
No discussion so far from you - just unsubstantiated fantasy.
Where's the beef?

Plenty of discussion from me. My impression is that the attacks on me from all the Romney lovers are because I bring up facts that they do not want to discuss.

I respect that people have opinions different than me and I will be the first to admit I am wrong.

Someone calling me an idiot or stupid, even if it is true, does not make me or the facts wrong.

Here is the link I posted to start this thread:

Here is a quote from the article:

Sean Hannity told Rick Perry that his attacks on Mitt Romney’s time at Bain Capital sounded like something that “Occupy Wall Street” would say.

Just the other day, Rush Limbaugh compared Rick Perry to Fidel Castro and rabidly defended Mitt Romney on his radio program….

‘There’s no way you can try to dress that up,’ Limbaugh fumed. ‘I don’t understand it. Well, politically I understand it, but that’s just absurd. It’s sad. ‘Cause I really, really, really like Rick Perry! I really do. I had such hopes! I did. I’ll tell you, I did, but all of this talk about “corporate raiders,” and as I listen to politicians start talking about capitalism, lights are going off in my head. Maybe they don’t really know what it is. Maybe they’re under some misconception about what capitalism is, because this characterization of it? A distinction with venture capitalism and vulture capitalism? This bite from Perry doesn’t compute.’

Limbaugh and Hannity are both entertainers -- not journalists. So they can say whatever they want. They are held to different standards than journalists. Kind of like World Wrestling Entertainment is held to a different standard than competitive sports.

If Limbaugh and Hannity didn't say those things than I stand corrected. I am just requoting. What I don't think can be disputed is that Romney is one of their bosses.

Robert Goren
06-20-2012, 11:28 AM
For the record, Bain acquired Clear Channel in in 2006. Mitt Romney left Bain in 1999. To say there is business relationship between Romney and the conservative talk show hosts is a quite stretch for even a liberal like me to make. But if the the far right wants to air its dirty laundry in public, who I am to argue.

NJ Stinks
06-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Between Clear Channel and the Murdoch/FOX nukes, I'm surprised the resilient Obama is still favored over Mack's dreamboat.

And isn't it time righties here wailed about the mainstream media? After all, it's 5:00 somewhere. :rolleyes:

Tom
06-20-2012, 10:36 PM
We will, as soon as we stop laughing at the idiot Andrea Mitchell, MSNBC news!

I know you like your news tailored to fit your fantasy world, so you should appreciate her. Life would be so easy for libs if they could just edit reality.