PDA

View Full Version : Direct API into Tote System

aharon5741
06-18-2012, 03:43 AM
Where can one obtain direct API access into the tote system for experimenting with wager bots? I'm mostly interested in pulling live tote data into a system for running some test code - not to make live wagers.

Are their certain ADWs that offer this or do you need to go to the source such as AmTote with a lot of money for licensing fees?

Greybase
06-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Are their certain ADWs that offer this or do you need to go to the source such as AmTote with a lot of money for licensing fees?
You might start with a recent history of the US parimutuel industry and Tote companies... it's only been a few years since the Autotote Pick-6 scandal. In a nutshell, Insiders were able to "hack" the system for profit. Security is now a top priority and ADW's are limited in what kind of Tote access they provide to their customers.

I think your above statement is correct. You come up with a LOT of money in up-front fees, to start your own "boutique ADW" company... there are a few around which basically started as 1-man operations. Of course, your application will include extensive personal financial info, photo and fingerprints to the FBI. :eek:

highnote
06-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Where can one obtain direct API access into the tote system for experimenting with wager bots? I'm mostly interested in pulling live tote data into a system for running some test code - not to make live wagers.

Betfair.com has some free APIs. You'll need to do some digging, but they are there. Try looking under "Forums".

togatrigger
06-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Might check out this:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=790565