PDA

View Full Version : For Conservatives Not Voting for Romney

Steve 'StatMan'
06-17-2012, 11:16 AM
I just got an email that had me thinking of some of you guys who are conservatives but are claiming you will not vote for Romney. Important thought so passing it along:

Subject: WOW scary thought - READ & PASS ON

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MITT, HERE'S SOMETHING TO CONSIDER

Columnist Andrew McCarthy gives us what probably is the most important question regarding the upcoming presidential election….

“…..if Mitt wins the nomination, as seems very likely, I will enthusiastically support his candidacy. For my friends who have hesitation on that score, I’d just ask you to keep four things in mind:

1.. Justice Scalia just turned 78

2.. Justice Kennedy will turn 78 later this year

3.. Justice Breyer will be 76 in August

4.. Justice Ginsburg turned 81 about a week ago.

We wish them all well, of course, but the brute fact is that whoever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose at least one and maybe more new members of the Supreme Court — in addition to hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come.

If you don’t think it matters whether the guy making those calls is Mitt Romney or Barack Obama, I think you’re smokin’ something funky….” So for anybody who is thinking of not voting because your favorite didn’t get nominated, or writing in a candidate who can't win.

Imagine this: SUPREME COURT JUSTICE ERIC HOLDER

Personally, I'll add that letting Obama and his more outlandish supporters select the nest 1 to 4 Supreme Court Justice Nomines is quite disturbing.
Yes, there is 'principle' but there are much more than one issue in this election.

mostpost
06-17-2012, 12:35 PM
I just got an email that had me thinking of some of you guys who are conservatives but are claiming you will not vote for Romney. Important thought so passing it along:

Subject: WOW scary thought - READ & PASS ON

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MITT, HERE'S SOMETHING TO CONSIDER

Columnist Andrew McCarthy gives us what probably is the most important question regarding the upcoming presidential election….

“…..if Mitt wins the nomination, as seems very likely, I will enthusiastically support his candidacy. For my friends who have hesitation on that score, I’d just ask you to keep four things in mind:

1.. Justice Scalia just turned 78

2.. Justice Kennedy will turn 78 later this year

3.. Justice Breyer will be 76 in August

4.. Justice Ginsburg turned 81 about a week ago.

We wish them all well, of course, but the brute fact is that whoever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose at least one and maybe more new members of the Supreme Court — in addition to hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come.

If you don’t think it matters whether the guy making those calls is Mitt Romney or Barack Obama, I think you’re smokin’ something funky….” So for anybody who is thinking of not voting because your favorite didn’t get nominated, or writing in a candidate who can't win.

Imagine this: SUPREME COURT JUSTICE ERIC HOLDER

Personally, I'll add that letting Obama and his more outlandish supporters select the nest 1 to 4 Supreme Court Justice Nomines is quite disturbing.
Yes, there is 'principle' but there are much more than one issue in this election.

SUPREME COURT JUSTICE ERIC HOLDER That's a scare tactic, right? No one with any sense would want to see Eric Holder on the Supreme Court. But no one with any sense would want to see Mitt Romney picking justices for the Supreme Court. Scalia, Thomas and Alitto have done incalculable damage.

It is time to get some justices who are not toadys for the monied interests.
Certainly not Eric Holder, but maybe Bill Clinton or Hillary Clinton. There are any number of qualified progressives who would interpret the Constitution to benefit all the people.

Greyfox
06-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Certainly not Eric Holder, but maybe Bill Clinton or Hillary Clinton. .

:lol: The Clinton's. Good one Mostie. Who's your gag writer? Send him to Comedy Central.

ElKabong
06-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Elect Romney, end the nonsense.

BlueShoe
06-17-2012, 01:55 PM
It is time to get some justices who are not toadys for the monied interests. There are any number of qualified progressives who would interpret the Constitution to benefit all the people.
So who do you have in mind? Van Jones? William Ayers? Jeremiah Wright? Bernadine Dohrn? If Obama wins re election he will appoint only hard line Marxists like these to the Supreme Court. His first two appointments, Sotomayor and Kagan, both far leftists, have shown us what to expect.

Lefty
06-17-2012, 02:47 PM
It's pretty clear that the liberals do not like our Constitution and Ginsburg has even said so by telling another country not to to adopt one like ours. Obama is no fan of the Constitution and has pointed out what he and other libs think are flaws.
We must elect Romney to keep sanity in the Supreme Court.

boxcar
06-17-2012, 04:41 PM
It's pretty clear that the liberals do not like our Constitution and Ginsburg has even said so by telling another country not to to adopt one like ours. Obama is no fan of the Constitution and has pointed out what he and other libs think are flaws.

You mean in the HOPES of keeping sanity... Romney's track record with his appointees wasn't so good in Mass.

Boxcar

bigmack
06-17-2012, 04:57 PM
You mean in the HOPES of keeping sanity... Romney's track record with his appointees wasn't so good in Mass.

Are you still in the cockamamie world of not wanting for vote for Mitt for fear he's a Progressoid? :D

Rookies
06-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Holder NEVER, that's a silly shibboleth, but certainly reason for Cons to vote.

Make not mistake about it, the lottery chances of one of the conservative judges going down is in the range of possibility during the next 4 years.

It's a HUGE reason to vote for either side!

Tom
06-17-2012, 05:28 PM
The senate is all important this election.
Obama must never be allowed to spawn his evil seed into the court.

mostpost
06-17-2012, 05:35 PM
So who do you have in mind? Van Jones? William Ayers? Jeremiah Wright? Bernadine Dohrn? If Obama wins re election he will appoint only hard line Marxists like these to the Supreme Court. His first two appointments, Sotomayor and Kagan, both far leftists, have shown us what to expect.
Seldom have I seen a post more at odds with common sense and logic than that one. I say seldom because you have posted here before. No one would even consider naming the four people you cited to the Supreme Court. Obama's first two appointments Kagan and Sotomayor were not even close to being far leftists. In fact they were too centrist for me.

reckless
06-17-2012, 05:52 PM
I don't know the law on this but what happens if after the November election Obama gets to nominate 1-2 Justices to replace the ailing Ruth Ginsberg and the soon-to-retire David Breyer?

Horrible things have happened to the American people by Congress in lame-duck sessions.

The Dems will still have a majority in the Senate in a lame duck and there are a bunch of RINOs like Richard Lugar, Lisa Murkowski and even John McCain that would just love to stick it to the conservatives once again, the country be damned.

boxcar
06-17-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't know the law on this but what happens if after the November election Obama gets to nominate 1-2 Justices to replace the ailing Ruth Ginsberg and the soon-to-retire David Breyer?

Horrible things have happened to the American people by Congress in lame-duck sessions.

The Dems will still have a majority in the Senate in a lame duck and there are a bunch of RINOs like Richard Lugar, Lisa Murkowski and even John McCain that would just love to stick it to the conservatives once again, the country be damned.

You're right. The senate is all but a lost cause, even if the Repugs, by some huge miracle, were to get 60 seats. Then the other Dems with the "R" after their names would still be spoilers for the Conservatives.

Boxcar

ElKabong
06-17-2012, 06:30 PM

without a doubt.

Lefty
06-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Boxcar, it's Romney or Obama, just who do you think will make the better choices? Hmmm.? It's a nobrainer, hint: One off them is clearly a Marxist.

mostpost
06-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Liberals like the Constitution just fine. The difference is we don't worship it and refuse to see that it has flaws just like any other document created by men. Our Constitution as originally written did nothing to end slavery. It did not provide suffrage for women or blacks. It declared a person to be three fifths of another person if that person happened to be a Negro. It did not even have a Bill of Rights until some states refused to ratify it without one.

The Ginsburg thing is just another example of the lunatic right taking a statement and twisting it to score points with their followers.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg did not tell any country not to use the United States Constitution as a model. She said it was not the best model in current times.

Our Constitution was written in 1787, ratified in 1788, took effect in 1789.
It is now 2012. Since 1787 we have invented the steam engine, the telegraph, the telephone, the incandescent bulb, the automobile, the airplane, the jet engine, the modern computer, and the radio and television. We have created the corporation, the union and the internets. We have gone from an agrarian to an industrial society. we have ended slavery, given women and blacks the right to vote, gone from isolationism to global cooperation-at least somewhat. The fact that our Constitution is still effective is a testament to the foresight of some remarkable men. That does not mean it is perfect. That does not mean it is the best example to base a new constitution on.

The South African Constitution includes the following rights which the United States Constitution does not mention; the right to form a union, the right to strike, the right to an education, the rights of children to not have to work, the right to live where you want, the right to be free from discrimination based on sex, religious preference, nationality or gender identification, the right to vote if you are a woman, the right to vote if you are black.

We do enjoy many of those rights in this country, but they were not part of our Constitution. WE had to fight for them. Is the South African constitution perfect? NO. Neither is ours. Saying that it has flaws is not saying we do not love it, it is recognizing than any document written by men can be improved.

bigmack
06-17-2012, 07:18 PM
There are any number of qualified progressives who would interpret the Constitution to benefit all the people.
What's this gibberish about interpreting the Constitution? It's there to be upheld & preserved, not interpreted. Did you & your good pal, BO, ferget that?

mostpost
06-17-2012, 07:28 PM
What's this gibberish about interpreting the Constitution? It's there to be upheld & preserved, not interpreted. Did you & your good pal, BO, ferget that?
One statement that clearly shows how out of touch you are. Shocking.

Tom
06-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Remember, mostie is used to reading union-boy documents......the ones that mean whatever they want them to mean when it benefits them. :lol:

BlueShoe
06-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Obama's first two appointments Kagan and Sotomayor were not even close to being far leftists. In fact they were too centrist for me.
Centrist? :eek: By that criteria you must think that Fidel and Hugo are center left.

boxcar
06-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Centrist? :eek: By that criteria you must think that Fidel and Hugo are center left.

In other words Mosty never met, read or heard a Marxist he didn't like, just like Clinton never met a Chicom he didn't like.

Boxcar

Tom
06-17-2012, 10:15 PM
No, no, mostie, your other left!

sammy the sage
06-17-2012, 11:26 PM
It is time to get some justices who are not toadys for the monied interests.

For someone who SUPPOSEDLY prides themselves on posting facts....this IS your WORST opinion BY far...

These justices OK'd corporations to BUY elections...j/geez :rolleyes: :faint:

mostpost
06-18-2012, 12:21 AM
For someone who SUPPOSEDLY prides themselves on posting facts....this IS your WORST opinion BY far...

These justices OK'd corporations to BUY elections...j/geez :rolleyes: :faint:

This totally confuses me. I said we need to get judges that are not toadies to the monied interests. A toady is another word for synchophant. In plain words a person who does the bidding of another without question.

You say that this is my worst opinion by far. Then you say these justices OK'd corporations to buy elections. WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING. One of us is confused.

sammy the sage
06-18-2012, 07:26 AM
This totally confuses me. I said we need to get judges that are not toadies to the monied interests. A toady is another word for synchophant. In plain words a person who does the bidding of another without question.

You say that this is my worst opinion by far. Then you say these justices OK'd corporations to buy elections. WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING. One of us is confused.

you're right...I'm AN idiot...totally MISSED the word NOT...that'll make a few around here :jump:

boxcar
06-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Boxcar, it's Romney or Obama, just who do you think will make the better choices? Hmmm.? It's a nobrainer, hint: One off them is clearly a Marxist.

Hey, Lefty, months ago -- months ago, I was way out ahead of the curve on the SC thingy, which is why I hawked the necessity for a real conservative Republican nominee. The nation has paid no attention to the real conservative voices who raised this all-important issue. But now you're going to tout Romney as the savior who will save the nation with his conservative SC nominees, if elected? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I don't believe Romney would recognize what a true conservative looked like if one were to kiss him on the lips. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

bigmack
06-18-2012, 07:46 PM
I don't believe Romney would recognize what a true conservative looked like if one were to kiss him on the lips.
Do they all look like you? Ya know, with a large block of concrete surrounding their entire heads.

You've NEVER spelled out this fear you have of Mitt. Step 1: Get in touch with your fears.

Lefty
06-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Boxy, so we didn't get our first pick, that's no reason to give up and stay home. Romney is a million times more conservative than Obama, and that's the choice we got. This country cannot withstand 4 more yrs of Obama without turning into a 3rd world one.

boxcar
06-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Do they all look like you? Ya know, with a large block of concrete surrounding their entire heads.

You've NEVER spelled out this fear you have of Mitt. Step 1: Get in touch with your fears.

I have in the past. You need to pay better attention. And don't worry about the fears you perceive I have; but you should try getting in touch with Reality. You might find it liberating.

Boxcar

boxcar
06-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Boxy, so we didn't get our first pick, that's no reason to give up and stay home. Romney is a million times more conservative than Obama, and that's the choice we got. This country cannot withstand 4 more yrs of Obama without turning into a 3rd world one.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....I know...the lesser of two evils and all that bad rot.

Boxcar

bigmack
06-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah....I know...the lesser of two evils and all that bad rot.
Holy Birdbrain! You mean to tell me, here we're about to get what I've predicted for months, a Romney victory, and you're still sitting in your soiled diapers whining? :lol: :lol:

Sorry. That's some kinda funny shit.

One thing you can take to the bank...I'll be laughing throughout the entire 8 years of your bellyaching.

http://caseyscaverns.com/3/ani/CRYING.gif
I wanted someone more conservative!
Boxcar

hcap
06-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Think 999 guys :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

boxcar
06-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Holy Birdbrain! You mean to tell me, here we're about to get what I've predicted for months, a Romney victory, and you're still sitting in your soiled diapers whining? :lol: :lol:

Sorry. That's some kinda funny shit.

One thing you can take to the bank...I'll be laughing throughout the entire 8 years of your bellyaching.

http://caseyscaverns.com/3/ani/CRYING.gif
I wanted someone more conservative!
Boxcar

The birdbrain is the one who can't tell the difference between a complaint and a straightforward statement of fact. Romney is merely the lesser of two evils. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: But I hope he works out well for you, especially when it comes around to the SC nominees. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

bigmack
06-18-2012, 09:23 PM
But I hope he works out well for you, especially when it comes around to the SC nominees.
Excellent. We've cracked the shell in our want to get to the 'chewy nougat' of your fear. The Supremes, huh? OK. What we talkin' - Roe / Wade? Free golf carts for Floridian geriatrics, what?

He's already said he'd be copacetic with an overturn of R/W.

boxcar
06-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Excellent. We've cracked the shell in our want to get to the 'chewy nougat' of your fear. The Supremes, huh? OK. What we talkin' - Roe / Wade? Free golf carts for Floridian geriatrics, what?

He's already said he'd be copacetic with an overturn of R/W.

He said. He said, He said. What does he plan to do: Emulate the current lawless Dictator-in-Chief and issue a bunch of Executive Fiats? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You are so gullible!

Boxcar

ElKabong
06-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Romney is merely the lesser of two evils. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Boxcar

There will never be a candidate on a major ticket that suits your needs, from here on out. And the same can be said for Hcap and mosty. Obama fooled them with false promises, same will be true for a Pub that appeals to you personally.

They all try to court the middle in their own way, on the campaign trail. It's the only way to get elected. It's up to the individual to know what's best for the nation & vote their conscience.

You don't like either candidate? Imagine 3 new SC seats taken by far Kagan types. That's what this election comes down to. Pubs will not cede power in Congress, so Obama is a castrated ineffective politician after November either way....with the sole exception of SC appointments