PDA

View Full Version : Royal Delta

senortout
06-16-2012, 09:11 PM
She could not have been more impressive. I have not seen a horse dominate like that in a long while at least at this level. She may not have beaten all that much but still.................great race, forget about what may have happened in Dubai!

turninforhome10
06-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Shes back. Summer at the Spa?

KirisClown
06-16-2012, 09:19 PM
OI_ic7ktkqQ

Wiley
06-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Mott wins back to back CD stakes with Ron the Greek's game run down of Nates Mineshaft and Wise Dan. Royal Delta did look good.

iceknight
06-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Mott wins back to back CD stakes with Ron the Greek's game run down of Nates Mineshaft and Wise Dan. Royal Delta did look good. More importantly... Jose Lezcano proved he can get an unrestricted Gr 1 victory ... (not to knock him at all), but I was wondering why they took him off of Royal Delta...

Also, Neck N Neck won impressively in the Matt Winn stakes.. (another FLOWER ALLEY Colt).. daddy (of IHA) is having a good time this season huh?

Bullet Plane
06-17-2012, 08:00 AM
I'm wondering if they didn't have Royal Delta in the wrong race. She definitely looks ready to take on the boys. Wow!

horses4courses
06-17-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm wondering if they didn't have Royal Delta in the wrong race. She definitely looks ready to take on the boys. Wow!

Looks like Beyer agrees with you.
110 for Royal Delta - 100 each for Ron TG/Wise Dan

MickJ26
06-17-2012, 11:43 PM
Maybe the Whitney is next or does Mott space them out with Ron The Greek and To Honor and Serve in the barn?

thespaah
06-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Jeez! Looked like a Pari-Mutuel workout..
Impressive.

CincyHorseplayer
06-18-2012, 09:57 AM
If this girl can run what has been said was a dream 110 and the male division top is 100 or thereabouts.Run her vs these chumps.She might only win by 1 or 2.So what.Bury these MF'ers.

iceknight
06-18-2012, 12:17 PM
If this girl can run what has been said was a dream 110 and the male division top is 100 or thereabouts.Run her vs these chumps.She might only win by 1 or 2.So what.Bury these MF'ers.
Travers -> BC Classic -> Dubai (2013)

Dahoss9698
06-18-2012, 12:44 PM

She can't run in the Travers, she is a 4 year old.

CincyHorseplayer
06-18-2012, 12:58 PM
IMO the reason the girls are able to beat up on the boys lately is owners want a 100 Beyer in a maiden win and send them to the breeding shed.I'm waiting for the point in my lifetime(I'm 39) where the Kentucky Derby is a Maiden Special Weight race.Mares can only foal once a year.Males can cover 100.Logic displayed.Enough said.Take Royal Delta and smack these punk boys in the mouth!

Sincerely yours,

Anxiously Waiting;)

CincyHorseplayer
06-18-2012, 01:09 PM

How about the Whitney,Jockey Club Gold Cup,and the Breeders Cup Classic?!!That's what I'm talkin about.Even a jaded owner has to have some foresight to see a really talented gal that can do damage on the big stage.

the little guy
06-18-2012, 01:11 PM
She can't run in the Travers, she is a 4 year old.

Today is, apparently, a day off from facts and truth.

andtheyreoff
06-18-2012, 01:17 PM
How about the Whitney,Jockey Club Gold Cup,and the Breeders Cup Classic?!!That's what I'm talkin about.Even a jaded owner has to have some foresight to see a really talented gal that can do damage on the big stage.

Considering, as a poster noted, Bill Mott already has two talented older males in his barn, the chance of her running against males this year is close to nil, IMO, barring injury.

Besides, it was a win against virtually nothing, and it was her first one on the year from three tries. I'd wait until the Delaware Handicap (her next start) to begin proclaiming her as something great.

CincyHorseplayer
06-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Considering, as a poster noted, Bill Mott already has two talented older males in his barn, the chance of her running against males this year is close to nil, IMO, barring injury.

Besides, it was a win against virtually nothing, and it was her first one on the year from three tries. I'd wait until the Delaware Handicap (her next start) to begin proclaiming her as something great.

Yeah I see the red tape with you.

Posting a 110 under a handride vs nothing isn't write off material.

All winners are $hit to horseplayers.You won't talk me off my enthusiam for this gal.Try harder!

Dahoss9698
06-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Yeah I see the red tape with you.

Posting a 110 under a handride vs nothing isn't write off material.

All winners are $hit to horseplayers.You won't talk me off my enthusiam for this gal.Try harder!

I don't think anyone is trying to talk off anyone from their entusiasm. But she did beat absolutely nothing. That isn't a denigration of her, it's looking at who she beat.

She was very impressive. And I hope she continues it. But it's okay to note she beat nothing.

classhandicapper
06-18-2012, 04:15 PM
I have to admit, I wasn't the biggest fan of this horse until she won the Ladies Classic. I thought she benefitted from a couple of perfect trips in her wins early last year and then was the only 3YO filly that wanted any part of 10F last year in the Alabama You could always see she had "promise" and might explode forward at any time, but IMO that didn't happen until the Ladies.

Even though yesterday's field wasn't anything special, at a minimum she verified her Ladies form and looks like she might still be moving forward.

CincyHorseplayer
06-18-2012, 04:25 PM
I don't think anyone is trying to talk off anyone from their entusiasm. But she did beat absolutely nothing. That isn't a denigration of her, it's looking at who she beat.

She was very impressive. And I hope she continues it. But it's okay to note she beat nothing.

It reminds me of Rachel Alexandra in the Kentucky Oaks.If she was posting 90 Beyers it would be a whole different scenario.Of her own accord vs jack she did handride a 110.Not much horseflesh can boast that these days.If she's a wait and run gal vs males she wins by 2-3 lengths instead of 8.

My big thing is the males and their vaginal owners and trainers are so weak right now I'd like to see this girl go vs them.

She runs a 90 I'll be unenthused.She ran a 110 guess what?She beat the clock bro.Wake up and smell that coffee.That fires me up I can't help it.

classhandicapper
06-18-2012, 04:42 PM
I want to add one other thing.

IMO she did most of her racing on the best part of the track while a couple of her main adversaries spent some or all of their time racing on the inside (which IMO was not the best place to be on Saturday). That probably contributed to her utter dominance.

Either way, it's going to be tough for any other females to beat her if she holds this form. Now it's really a shame Havre de Grace retired.

Tom
06-18-2012, 05:01 PM
It is one thing to run a 110 against nothing and quite another to do it against real competition. Beating the clock is easier. You see huge figs everyday by unchallenged horses that are nowhere in lower figs when challenged.

CincyHorseplayer
06-18-2012, 05:05 PM
It is one thing to run a 110 against nothing and quite another to do it against real competition. Beating the clock is easier. You see huge figs everyday by unchallenged horses that are nowhere in lower figs when challenged.

Name 5 winners this year that posted handridden 110's.

Like I said,all winners are $hit to horseplayers.With your 50 thousand posts we know you are the best of the jaded and skeptical!!:lol:

ten2oneormore
06-18-2012, 06:22 PM

Like I said,all winners are $hit to horseplayers.With your 50 thousand posts we know you are the best of the jaded and skeptical!!:lol:

I think Royal Delta is awesome and in no way am I trying to diminish her performance.More to the point that horses can run huge figures against less than stellar competition.Two horses that come to mind are Saginaw and Nates Mineshaft.

iceknight
06-18-2012, 08:13 PM
I don't think anyone is trying to talk off anyone from their entusiasm. But she did beat absolutely nothing. She ran on the same track on the same day (half an hour before) with no change in track conditions and ran the same distance to finish a FULL SECOND faster.. after following slower fractions. That tells a lot about her stretch run. I hope they run her against the boys and I hope that this perception about her (that she beat no one) gives me a nice price! My only concern is her "new" jockey.

iceknight
06-18-2012, 08:16 PM
It is one thing to run a 110 against nothing and quite another to do it against real competition. Beating the clock is easier. You see huge figs everyday by unchallenged horses that are nowhere in lower figs when challenged. Beating the clock (at that same distance, on the same day is harder). I think your comment "beating the clock" compares different track conditions. Of course, I do grant that Wise Dan got roughed up a little and that Royal Delta carried lesser probably but I think in a duel she would fight as hard as anyone running next..
And I am not even talking about the "artifical" speed figure numbers. same track, same day - 1 full second faster at the same distance = WIN of the day.
Y'all are too hung up on Beyer numbers. What is the success rate of Beyer numbers going into a race, over 90%? or better yet, does it return a positive ROI if one just bets the best Beyer in over 500 races? or Best Beyer exactas..

Dahoss9698
06-18-2012, 08:34 PM
She ran on the same track on the same day (half an hour before) with no change in track conditions and ran the same distance to finish a FULL SECOND faster.. after following slower fractions. That tells a lot about her stretch run. I hope they run her against the boys and I hope that this perception about her (that she beat no one) gives me a nice price! My only concern is her "new" jockey.

I'm not disagreeing that she ran a big race. She did. And she's a very, very nice horse.

She still beat no one. I hope they try the boys also but what kind of price could you possibly get?

cj
06-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Didn't she already try the boys once this year?

Tom
06-18-2012, 10:48 PM

I like the way you counter an idea with ignorance.
You wear it so well.
Experience is so important, as you prove once again.

Tom
06-18-2012, 10:58 PM

Maybe the Dubai race, where she was buried?

iceknight
06-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Didn't she already try the boys once this year? Don't think gender played a part. For that matter (not that I think this is a gender battle) top class fillies can hold their own and one another example was the 2011 Arc d' le Triumph (excuse the spelling), where fillies Danedream and two more ran 1-2-3 and Sarafina can be in the top 6 in a large field.

JustRalph
06-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Maybe the Dubai race, where she was buried?

Watching those two races, Dubai and the latest, looks like two completely different horses.

Tom
06-19-2012, 07:30 AM
You mean a super horse doesn't fire every time?
Wow.

;)

burnsy
06-19-2012, 08:22 AM
I'm not disagreeing that she ran a big race. She did. And she's a very, very nice horse.

She still beat no one. I hope they try the boys also but what kind of price could you possibly get?
with all the arguing going back and forth......theres always someone with a shred of logic. i like that. people have to distingish between ....being a fan of a horse and being a horseplayer. if you are a fan. yes, the horse ran great and you can back the horse. but realistically as a horseplayer you have to use your head. i've seen this scenario so many times that as a horseplayer and handicapper i'm not going to unload on a horse like this. this is where the figs will get you a short price on a horse that will most likely face tougher next time out. if she tries the boys you will most likely be getting an underlay. gee, if every good horse got to sit chilly for a "work out" race, i suppose they would look like gang busters and gain a high fig. suddenly the fact that she got trounced by awesome maria and at dubai disappears and she already showed she loves that race course. this horse is good, no one disputes it. but as i put my money through the window i can't take some ridiculous price on a horse that ran one good race against some pretty slow horses. thats the point. i can read these posts and tell who the fans are and who the gamblers are. when horses like this get a 110 against nothing....they are the best. when union rags gets a 96 in a crawl of a belmont...oh, the figs don't matter..or its wrong. the most important thing (when you are actually making a bet) is the odds and the value weighed against the probability of winning. you can spew all the accolades you want about this horse....i won't be tearing them up after shes 6-5 against the boys because of the hype like this...it was one race. lets see what happens. its fine to be a fan but usually people are arguing over horses that won't make a difference in your bankroll...its either a short price...or worse yet a short price that runs up the track. thats going to help me when i bet hundreds of races a year.....how? someone says it looks like two completely different horses...of course it does when you run in two completely different classes. one being top class and the other not even grade 2. i'm not saying she can't beat the boys...i'm saying i have to get a decent price to play that the first time. the chances of that are not that great...so i might play against her. a fan can't think this way.

Wiley
06-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Not on dirt.

They probably keep her with the girls and if she wins out, run in the Classic, probably better suited for a mile and a quarter plus gets the weight break and she has already won the distaff.

New owners paid $8.5 million for her last year, another reason to go for the bigger Classic purse and think a factor in heading to Dubai this year.

Cardus
06-19-2012, 09:49 AM
It reminds me of Rachel Alexandra in the Kentucky Oaks.If she was posting 90 Beyers it would be a whole different scenario.Of her own accord vs jack she did handride a 110.Not much horseflesh can boast that these days.If she's a wait and run gal vs males she wins by 2-3 lengths instead of 8.

My big thing is the males and their vaginal owners and trainers are so weak right now I'd like to see this girl go vs them.

She runs a 90 I'll be unenthused.She ran a 110 guess what?She beat the clock bro.Wake up and smell that coffee.That fires me up I can't help it.

First of all, aren't Besilu Stables and Bill Mott the "vaginal" owner and trainer here?

Secondly, with you posting at various times and intervals throughout the day, you are not spending enough time in your padded cell.

Tom
06-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Isn't Royal Delta "vaginal" as well?

classhandicapper
06-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Don't think gender played a part. For that matter (not that I think this is a gender battle) top class fillies can hold their own and one another example was the 2011 Arc d' le Triumph (excuse the spelling), where fillies Danedream and two more ran 1-2-3 and Sarafina can be in the top 6 in a large field.

IMHO it's easier for females to compete with Grade 1 older males on turf and in dirt sprints than at classic distances on dirt. I know some fillies have done well in the Triple Crown, but I think that has something to do with their development being ahead of the boys at that stage. If she takes on older Grade 1 boys again, IMO they should look for a relatively soft spot first.

CincyHorseplayer
06-20-2012, 06:09 PM
My point being the boys are so quickly whisked off to the breeding shed in most cases that once a filly or mare reaches peak form she takes down the boys.And it's exactly what has happened repeatedly the last few years.So I don't know wherwe the "Padded Cell" and "Ignorance" talk about me is coming from.This is exactly how it has played out and maybe Royal Delta is the next in line.I don't feel the need to be devoutly hypercritical just because I'm a handicapper.I've only been around this game 17 years.Which to some of you isn't much.But nobody has reached the lofty status no matter how many years around this game to cast a constant downwards glance when they disagree.That is crap.

maclr11
06-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Royal Delta might be the best horse in training in North America.
She beat Game On Dude in Dubai, she ran a second faster than the top older colts on Saturday. Bodemeister may be the one argument you could make, but she gets 10f, he is yet to win over 9f. Other than that I think for horses in training she's the top at the moment. No real superstars on the turf or sprinting. Shackleford would beat her going a mile along with Caleb's Posse and company, but going 10f she would win I think. Look at her history, BC Ladies Classic convincingly, Alabama Stakes, Black Eyed Susan Stakes, 2nd to Havre da Grace as a three year old. Awesome Maria has taken a step backwards after her dominating winter leaving Royal Delta has the top horse, til someone beats her going long. She beat It's Tricky last year in the ladies classic. Those two might be just as fast as the boys as well. Not that you will ever see her run against the boys again I think, especially with Ron the Greek in Mott's barn.
I would assume the rest of her schedule would be
Delaware Handicap
Personal Ensign at Saratoga
Beldame and the Breeders Cup Ladies Classic
She is a very impressive filly, that is for sure.