PDA

View Full Version : tvg late tonite

ElKabong
06-16-2012, 01:03 AM
This is hard to take....the two 9yo dj's, to the bad music, to gino's weird scene, it's just tough to take.......i do like "the jockey girls", tho...that blonde is hot :10:

If this is what they have in store for covering races live, I don't see the party lasting long

Rapid Grey
06-16-2012, 09:04 AM
Caught some of that too, late night seems to be the only need I find for TVG.

Maybe if they didn't make it so much about them and their personalities I could warm to their approach. When I'm watching from home though I want info on the horses not the hosts.

and yes, the blonde was hot... and she knew it.

Helles
06-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Just my two cents, IF it gets new blood into the game, I'm all for it.

I'd be interested to see how the handle differs on the concert nights with all of the food trucks and larger crowds. Are they betting? How much? Or just going to see the concert. On-track handle per capita and how it compares to non-event days.

I like Gino and I like the live, on-scene coverage. And, I admit, I could sit and watch Christina read a phone book.

therussmeister
06-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Of course they don't bet. Not much anyway. How much did you bet before you got hooked on horse racing? Any new fans created by these events wouldn't add much to the pools for months, or years, which means it's hard to tell if these things are effective.

Helles
06-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Of course they don't bet. Not much anyway. How much did you bet before you got hooked on horse racing? Any new fans created by these events wouldn't add much to the pools for months, or years, which means it's hard to tell if these things are effective.

Being an advantage player in blackjack and poker, I didn't bet anything in horse racing until I thought I had learned enough to get an edge. But then again when I was younger I wouldn't have gone to a horse track to listen to a concert and bet some money lotto-style, so I can't apply their model to myself. How much is "not much anyway"? I assume like me you haven't taken the time to do the research.

Racey
06-16-2012, 12:38 PM
is the man except when he tries to sound like Jim Rome....and of course when he tries to sing.:eek:

Shemp Howard
06-16-2012, 12:46 PM
I thinki we nheed to take up a collectiojn a get Gino a haircut not gotten at the fire house. I could do a better job with grass shears.

Hoofless_Wonder
06-16-2012, 03:23 PM
I thinki we nheed to take up a collectiojn a get Gino a haircut not gotten at the fire house. I could do a better job with grass shears.
Bold comment on hair style coming from a guy named "Shemp".....

so.cal.fan
06-17-2012, 12:26 AM
El Kabong,
did you hear ANYTHING about the little "problem" at Los Al?
I think everyone is afraid to mention it. Can't blame them.
A few people over at DMFF mentioned it casually, but the people over there who know anything are being very QUIET. Again, under the circumstances, can't blame them. Scary stuff. Hope it doesn't hurt racing.

duncan04
06-17-2012, 12:55 AM
El Kabong,
A few people over at DMFF mentioned it casually, but the people over there who know anything are being very QUIET. Again, under the circumstances, can't blame them. Scary stuff. Hope it doesn't hurt racing.

Umm what does this have to do with what the op mentioned? I see he finally discovered "the late double." Guess you got to give them credit for trying to gain a younger audience.

Is Tim Bader still on the show? He was terrible and the one I hated the most.

ElKabong
06-17-2012, 01:46 AM
El Kabong,

Haven't heard anything new, SCF. I do think it will impact the Q racing business in that the cartel (or whatever they are called) put a lot of $$ into the breeding business lately.

Remington Park, and the 3 regular Louisiana tracks for Q's (LAD, DED, EVD).. may be insulated, their fields will stay full. The others w/b hurt a bit I'm sure.

I'll check out the DMFF posts and comments. I'm sure interested in the impact

ElKabong
06-17-2012, 01:50 AM
Umm what does this have to do with what the op mentioned?

Los Al runs during "the late double" Fridays, in fact tvg switches over to The Quarters gang every so often for LA coverage during HOL's card. SCF's question was directed to the huge problem at hand, it was completely ON topic. The fact no one at tvg mentioned it was odd, or even troubling

Helles
06-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Haven't heard anything new, SCF. I do think it will impact the Q racing business in that the cartel (or whatever they are called) put a lot of $$ into the breeding business lately.

Remington Park, and the 3 regular Louisiana tracks for Q's (LAD, DED, EVD).. may be insulated, their fields will stay full. The others w/b hurt a bit I'm sure.

I'll check out the DMFF posts and comments. I'm sure interested in the impact

If this is what you are talking about, I had not heard it. These cartels have so much cash that needs laundered, they look everywhere and anywhere for a place to invest it legitimately.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/horses-358922-nayen-trevino.html

anotherCAfan
06-17-2012, 02:34 PM
I got to watch a few minutes of this TVG show live. I guess Gino is the guy who was with Christina. I didn't care for him.

The TVG Jockey Girls are something :)
A few Fridays ago, they were helping sample Krome Vodka. Couldn't drink it though...

Christina is one of my favorite ladies in sports. Nice-looking and knowledgeable.

toetoe
06-17-2012, 03:50 PM

He still looks like the great Butch Patrick.

Favorite movie: 'Beetlebrow'.

Favorite cheese: Munster.

Favorite tee-vee character: Urkel.

duncan04
06-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Los Al runs during "the late double" Fridays, in fact tvg switches over to The Quarters gang every so often for LA coverage during HOL's card. SCF's question was directed to the huge problem at hand, it was completely ON topic. The fact no one at tvg mentioned it was odd, or even troubling

Of course they arent going to mention it. Its one of their "tracks" and wouldnt talk bad about them. Not a good business model.