PDA

View Full Version : Value in buying par times?

andicap
01-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Curious. For those of you who use software (like me) to get your adjusted figures, is there any value in buying Dave's par times?

Why am I always trying to spend money?

It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

HTRFGuy
01-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by andicap
Curious. For those of you who use software (like me) to get your adjusted figures, is there any value in buying Dave's par times?

Why am I always trying to spend money?

It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I would say definitely yes. I can give you three examples from yesterday's Gulfstream Park card where capping with track pars using my HTRF Pace Handicapper was a bonus compared to my program without the track pars.

In the first race, sprint, using Horsestreet track pars caught a $1,008 ($1 wager) triple which would have been missed without them.

In the second race, sprint, top three finishers on top in order with track pars. Not as drastic without as the first race.

In the fourth race, turf route, using Horsestreet pars got another triple ($209 for $1 wager) which would have been missed without the track pars.

I have three ASCII text files which show the results with and without the track pars that I will send on request. I see that .txt files are not permitted here as attachments and they would not be legible (line wrap) if I include them here.

Send me E-mail at jott@htrf.com and I will send you the files as E-mail attachments. They are about 5KB each.

Love those Horsestreet track pars!

andicap
01-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Thanks HTRF, but I'm already using a program that adjusts for track pars in its figures.
My question is basically..even if you have adjustted figures does it do any good to have the pars for any reason.

cj
01-09-2004, 05:24 PM
If you are not making your own figures, I see no value in buying someone else's par times. If you are making you own figures, all the data you could ever want is available for nothing. With the power of today's computers, I can do pars for one year, three years, or whatever, in a matter of minutes. I can thank the Chart Parser and Chart Get programs for that.

Derek2U
01-09-2004, 06:31 PM
If any1 thinks they have a VeryGood Track Variant I have the
PERFECT formula 4 using it. No NO it doesnt just slap on the
TV 2 the SR ... hehe ... how banaL .... my achilles is that I cant
figure a VG TV .... & so i am 4ever LonginG ,,,, i Must that longing
2 song .... neways, Guys, the math is all worked out so just
say the word that U got the goods & I can check out the truth
of that .....

Dave Schwartz
01-09-2004, 06:32 PM
CJ,

Well, if you can make pars in a matter of mninutes, how much would you charge to make my commercial pars for me? Because I can tell you that I will spend about 30-45 minutes per track (times 204 tracks this year.)

I'd love to contract the work out for a few bucks.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

freeneasy
01-10-2004, 01:10 AM
were you using the pars with a track varient or without a tv?

HTRFGuy
01-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by freeneasy
were you using the pars with a track varient or without a tv?

WITH the DRF variant for the past performances AND the average daily variant from the Horsestreet par file.

Tom
01-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
CJ,

Well, if you can make pars in a matter of mninutes, how much would you charge to make my commercial pars for me? Because I can tell you that I will spend about 30-45 minutes per track (times 204 tracks this year.)

I'd love to contract the work out for a few bucks.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

So you're telling us they aren't ready yet???!:D