PDA

View Full Version : Ipads/Mobil Hots

Cholly
06-14-2012, 03:15 PM
A couple of questions that some smarter than me might be able to help with:

I’m buying my girlfriend an Ipad to replace her laptop. She’s not much of an internet user, and the Ipad 2, 3-G version should be fine for her needs. When we travel, I’d like the option of using her Ipad to wager and watch races. Will watching streaming video on Twinspires’ site be significantly compromised by not opting for the more expensive “New” Ipad with 4-G capability?

I was impressed by Verizon’s announcement yesterday of new pricing plans to come out the end of this month. I’m considering ditching my hard-wire internet service and instead using a mobil hot-spot. Are there likely to be any problems watching the streaming video of horse races via that device? Any rough estimates as to the number of hours of racing I’d be able to fit in a 2GB allowance?

Thanks to any and all for your advice!

vegasone
06-15-2012, 11:39 AM
http://support.verizonwireless.com/how_to_use/data_options.html#a03

Megabyte Usage
(This is 4G I believe)...you can always call them

njcurveball
06-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Any rough estimates as to the number of hours of racing I’d be able to fit in a 2GB allowance?

I would keep an eye on it the first month as you are sure to go over 2gb watching streaming video from the web, even if it is Youtube. You might even go over it the very first week if you watch it daily.

Verizon stands to make a ton of money off of this. Best advice is to use your home or a public wireless network whenever possible.

You probably would need at least 10gb to be safe and Verizon charges $80 a month for that.