PDA

View Full Version : Guyana Star Dweej ??

davew
06-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Is this longshot going to hit the board?

I watched all his races to see if I could figure out why he is entered. He has shown some very fast spurts, now has K. Desormeaux. and connections had to pay over $20K to enter.

Have any horses that ran in a maiden claimer won a triple crown race?

tzipi
06-09-2012, 10:10 AM
He is the most loaded loaded up front with stamina breeding along with Optimizer but who knows if that will turn them into Belmont winners. In tough here.

FenceBored
06-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Is this longshot going to hit the board?

I watched all his races to see if I could figure out why he is entered. He has shown some very fast spurts, now has K. Desormeaux. and connections had to pay over $20K to enter.

Have any horses that ran in a maiden claimer won a triple crown race?

Derby & Preakness winner Charismatic broke his maiden in a maiden claimer.

Tom
06-09-2012, 06:57 PM
I heard he has been drinking all week.

MickJ26
06-28-2012, 12:20 AM
This guy was eased in the Belmont and now his connections are bringing him back in the Dwyer. Why? Wouldn't an optional claimer be more his level? I don't know, just wondering out loud.

pele polo
06-28-2012, 05:25 AM
Anyone remember Owner Robert Perez and trainer Alfredo Callejas. Their 4 & 5 horse entries in new York bred stakes, most or all by the sire Seņor Speedy. I was a kid at the time but i thought it was some sort of playful joke when they entered a horse every other year in the Belmont during the 90s. Although, El Bakan was 3rd in the '93 Preakness and Secreto de Estado 3rd in the '96 Travers. I believe Perez was instrumental in bringing over a well known New York rider of today... Cornelio Velazquez. Callejas & Perez were from Argentina but imported a lot of Panamanian horses.

I believed their both deceased, but Alfredo's son Bernardo trains a few. They really did have some good horses though. Guyana Star's connection remind me of Perez/Callejas with the ambitious placements. But even back then an allowance and some minor stakes placing meant you were 70-1 in the big races. Now-a-days, it's straight from maiden to grade 1.

KirisClown
06-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Anyone remember Owner Robert Perez and trainer Alfredo Callejas. Their 4 & 5 horse entries in new York bred stakes, most or all by the sire Seņor Speedy. I was a kid at the time but i thought it was some sort of playful joke when they entered a horse every other year in the Belmont during the 90s. Although, El Bakan was 3rd in the '93 Preakness and Secreto de Estado 3rd in the '96 Travers. I believe Perez was instrumental in bringing over a well known New York rider of today... Cornelio Velazquez. Callejas & Perez were from Argentina but imported a lot of Panamanian horses.

I think everyone who followed NY racing back then would remember them.. they ran a lot of horses in those familiar red and yellow silks.. http://i47.tinypic.com/28vwxno.png

They had some all right ones along the way, Mil Kilates was probably my favorite. They once upset Unbridled's Song with a horse named Pacific Fleet..

Secreto de Estado was third in the 96 Jim Dandy... Their other runner Malthus was third in the Travers the previous year.