PDA

View Full Version : Richard's Kid Wins Rare 11f Non-Turf Stake at BHP

Thomas Roulston
06-09-2012, 05:08 AM
I was going to say "dirt" but then I remembered that BHP is a synthetic surface.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/richards-kid-scores-runaway-win-in-prove-it-stakes-at-betfair-hollywood-park/2012/06/09/gJQA8zRSPV_story.html

horses4courses
06-09-2012, 10:03 AM
I watched this race last night, and it was visually impressive.
Looking at the chart this morning, though, it shows very soft fractions.
There's no denying that he beat allowance types here.

Can't help thinking, though, that this one will have a shot again in the Pacific Classic at Del Mar. I think he has one that race twice before, and he obviously loves that surface.

What impressed me about last night's win was that he won on the front.
He usually is a deep closer, but showed his well being by galloping off on the lead. His final eighth was just over 12 seconds, so Richard's Kid is feeling pretty good at age 7.

There's life in the old dog yet....... :ThmbUp:

plainolebill
06-09-2012, 09:40 PM
There wasn't a bit of speed in that race - someone had to take the lead.

I'm thinking there are a lot more good horses in Socal than when he left, he may have a tough time with the top echelon. Hell, Baffert has most of them. :lol:

Striker
06-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Can't help thinking, though, that this one will have a shot again in the Pacific Classic at Del Mar. I think he has one that race twice before, and he obviously loves that surface.

Guessing that he will have to deal with the defending champ Acclamation in the Pacific Classic who was on the comeback trail today winning the G1 stake at BHP today.

iceknight
06-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Guessing that he will have to deal with the defending champ Acclamation in the Pacific Classic who was on the comeback trail today winning the G1 stake at BHP today. +1 on that.