PDA

View Full Version : This "Cost Them A Placing" Business: Love It Or Hate It?

Thomas Roulston
06-09-2012, 04:57 AM
I hate it!

To me any foul should result in a DQ, providing it wasn't really, really minimal, and the fouled horse did finish more than one spot out of any paying position, either wagering-wise or in the purse distribution.

Of course a way around this would be to pay each placing its own descending share of the purse as I have been advocating on here for years; that way, any foul would just about always cost the victim a placing, for purse-distribution purposes.

therussmeister
06-09-2012, 10:09 AM
And to some bettors, a foul should never cost a placing. There have been several threads with posters saying they should let the results stand and deal with the infraction with fines and suspensions.

Robert Goren
06-09-2012, 11:16 AM
And to some bettors, a foul should never cost a placing. There have been several threads with posters saying they should let the results stand and deal with the infraction with fines and suspensions.That depends on which side of a foul they are on.

Some_One
06-09-2012, 12:51 PM
I think the perfect example of why this was a terrible rule is the 10 Japan Cup where Buena Vista got dqed for the win on a (questionable) foul on a tiring horse off the turn.