PDA

View Full Version : Was IHA sold before or after the scratch?

sammy the sage
06-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Since I'm the designated conspiracy theory jerk around here...thought I'd pose that question...

1...yes
2...no
3...he won't be sold

FenceBored
06-09-2012, 07:27 AM
Don't be hard on yourself, you're no conspiracy guy. A real conspiracy guy would have "during" as a choice: Doug's calling the race secretary on his phone while Reddam's talking to a buyer on his.

Dahoss9698
06-09-2012, 09:56 AM
The real genius of the sage is in the choices for this poll. Yes, no or not yet.

Brilliant!

tzipi
06-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Yes I bought him before the scratch. I can not lie! :p

I'm with Dahoss here, the choices are a bit off.

iceknight
06-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Yes I bought him before the scratch. I can not lie! :p

I'm with Dahoss here, the choices are a bit off.

Did any see this news..

http://www.horseraceinsider.com/John-Pricci/comments/0608201the-signs-that-racing-would-have-another-were-subtle-but-right-there/#comments

It probably ranks up with those "told u so" tales.

sammy the sage
06-22-2012, 06:58 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/i%E2%80%99ll-have-another-sold-stud-duty-japan

"In recent weeks, Reddam held conversations with stud farm owners in the United States and abroad. He said the Japan offer was far superior.

“It was in the range we were looking for,” he said. “Kentucky wasn’t anywhere close to where the Japanese were.""

Japs said...don't race or no money...at least that's my take...

nijinski
06-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Big offers have been made fpr horses during the Derby preps and throughout the TC campaign .
I don't think this had anything to do with the scratch .

PaceAdvantage
06-24-2012, 01:38 AM
Japs said...don't race or no money...at least that's my take...You've been sniffing way too much of that "conspiracy glue" if you think for one second Reddam passes up a significant chance at racing immortality...it's not like the guy NEEDS the money....

You think he throws a Triple Crown out the window for a few more bucks?

And if you insist on talking $$$$, you don't think the stud value of a Triple Crown winner was worth far more than what he was offered by the Japanese?

lamboguy
06-24-2012, 09:21 AM
You've been sniffing way too much of that "conspiracy glue" if you think for one second Reddam passes up a significant chance at racing immortality...it's not like the guy NEEDS the money....

You think he throws a Triple Crown out the window for a few more bucks?

And if you insist on talking $$$$, you don't think the stud value of a Triple Crown winner was worth far more than what he was offered by the Japanese?i always thought that the BELMONT always made the value for the sire even if the horse didn't win or run in the prior 2 races.

i am very curious how this deal is going to work, usually with horses like this one the trainer and jockey get a couple of shares to breed the horse. with the horse going overseas i don't know what happens.

in any event, I'LL HAVE ANOTHER is an example of a good stallion prospect leaving our shores. SUNDAY SILENCE helped to elevate japaneese racing and was worth it to them no matter what the price was. in the far east, racing seems to be a very serious business.

nijinski
06-24-2012, 11:08 PM
i always thought that the BELMONT always made the value for the sire even if the horse didn't win or run in the prior 2 races.

i am very curious how this deal is going to work, usually with horses like this one the trainer and jockey get a couple of shares to breed the horse. with the horse going overseas i don't know what happens.

in any event, I'LL HAVE ANOTHER is an example of a good stallion prospect leaving our shores. SUNDAY SILENCE helped to elevate japaneese racing and was worth it to them no matter what the price was. in the far east, racing seems to be a very serious business.
I always hoped Manila did that for Turkey.