PDA

View Full Version : Elegantimage And Armbro Flight

Oskar
06-08-2012, 02:51 PM
That was one sad performance by Win Missy B in last week’s Casual Breeze. MacDonnell took her to the top and cut out a very mild pace, with each middle quarter going in 29.4. All Ready Hanover, the Chocolatier filly who sat a pocket trip, blew by Missy in deep stretch like she was standing still, for Trevor Ritchie. Granted it was the Conway Hall filly’s seasonal debut and the track was wet, but that ridiculous new USTA/Trackmaster experimental rating system had her on top of Check Me Out, Possess The Will, Uncle Peter and all the rest in that class, male and female.

Tonight in the first Elegantimage elimination, Missy has the seven with David Miller, while All Ready has the two. All Ready has five 2012 starts and has won four of them.

Idonette, the Donato filly on the rail for John Campbell, broke at the start last week after beating Sand Violent Blue in a 68K PASS trot two weeks ago.

Last week MacDonell had Missy to the three-quarters in 1:26.2. Last year in the 447K Peaceful Way, over this track, Ritchie had Missy at the three-quarters in 1:24.3, and up by five lengths. Her 53.3 win represented a TR, Stks rec and Canadian record. I imagine it was that mile that inspired the stat geeks who put this year’s experimental ratings together, to place Missy on top.

Check Me Out , who made amends for a loss in her seasonal debut with a powerful performance for TT last week, has the rail in the second elimination. She was given no chance by Schnittker in her first outing. Short of her bolting across the infield, I don’t see how she can lose here.

Newly minted four-year-old Cedar Dove goes in the first division of the Armbro Flight eliminations. She went a strong mile from the eight in her first 2012 start, a win in the Miss Versatility, and she was given a tour of the track last week by Mike Vanderkemp. Pierce should have her in position to win tonight.

The wildcard is Frenchfrysnvinegar who unleashed a wicked W-W mile from the outside post in the Miss Versatility. The mile went in 52.2. Not sure where that came from. Last week she was scratched-sick for the second time in four starts.

The second division of the Armbro Flight consists of one sorry looking bunch. This year's crop of aged trotting mares is pretty thin.