PDA

View Full Version : Can Street Life pull off the upset?

redeye007
06-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Looking at the pedigrees Street Life appears to have a strong pedigee for long distances. I wonder if he can beat I'll have another at the marathon distance?

pandy
06-07-2012, 05:57 PM
In an earlier post I said that Street Life may not be fast enough but I just ran my Diamond System and it put Street Life on top (based on his Peter Pan), so he is fast enough. Of course he did get a nice fast pace to close off of in the Peter Pan and the pace will be much slower in the Belmont. The key for him is staying close enough.

Grits
06-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Chad has this colt ready. I don't think he would have him entered him were he not. There's a good piece at DRF on his longtime relationship with Bobby. Parts of it are hilarious. Frankel was a one of a kind. ;-)

Meunuco
06-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Maybe Chad will talk him up a bit, as well, like he usually does and he'll be an underlay. That'll be a dilemma for those that like him.

Robert Fischer
06-07-2012, 08:02 PM
It looks like Street Life just isn't as good as I'll Have Another, Dullahan, Paynter, and Union Rags.

However he did run a career best last time in the Peter Pan. This is a horse I hated in the relatively weak Broad Brush stakes at 8/5 off a maiden.

I thought that in terms of the Peter Pan he ran a pretty cheap third, but I did think that he did some running. Does that make any sense? I thought he did a LOT more running than Good Morning Diva(whos even cheaper closing 4th muddies the chart on Street Life a little), and at one point he was doing some running. His footwork was much improved. I feel that not only the trainer does a good job with moving horses forward, and these type of races with distance and moderate pace, but that the trainer has a sharp understanding of how the dynamics in the Belmont should leave Street Life more in touch with the pace and the favorite.

Grits
06-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Maybe Chad will talk him up a bit, as well, like he usually does and he'll be an underlay. That'll be a dilemma for those that like him.

Chad is, like his mentor, low key about his horses. Maybe you don't know this about him.

Meunuco
06-07-2012, 08:13 PM
It looks like Street Life just isn't as good as I'll Have Another, Dullahan, Paynter, and Union Rags.

However he did run a career best last time in the Peter Pan. This is a horse I hated in the relatively weak Broad Brush stakes at 8/5 off a maiden.

I thought that in terms of the Peter Pan he ran a pretty cheap third, but I did think that he did some running. Does that make any sense? I thought he did a LOT more running than Good Morning Diva(whos even cheaper closing 4th muddies the chart on Street Life a little), and at one point he was doing some running. His footwork was much improved. I feel that not only the trainer does a good job with moving horses forward, and these type of races with distance and moderate pace, but that the trainer has a sharp understanding of how the dynamics in the Belmont should leave Street Life more in touch with the pace and the favorite.

Do you have a bot that reposts your comments? I don't agree with too much of this. Maybe you want to explain to me what you mean by 'his footwork was much improved', as I don't really have the energy to watch this plug's previous races and see if there's anything there. (Has ever called you on this before?) And even if there was, why wouldn't his 'footwork' be better when he had just about as easy a trip as a horse could get in the PP?

Meunuco
06-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Chad is, like his mentor, low key about his horses. Maybe you don't know this about him.

I see consistently overbet horses; I conclude someone is not keeping his mouth shut. Maybe it's the owners.

Grits
06-07-2012, 08:19 PM
I see consistently overbet horses; I conclude someone is not keeping his mouth shut. Maybe it's the ownes.

I'm done. You don't know this trainer.

Robert Fischer
06-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Do you have a bot that reposts your comments? I don't agree with too much of this. Maybe you want to explain to me what you mean by 'his footwork was much improved', as I don't really have the energy to watch this plug's previous races and see if there's anything there. (Has ever called you on this before?) And even if there was, why wouldn't his 'footwork' be better when he had just about as easy a trip as a horse could get in the PP?

changed leads

Racey
06-07-2012, 09:55 PM
the key as Chad said is he will be laying a bit closer before the big run begins.Just too far back in the Wood.

Sysonby
06-08-2012, 12:20 AM
I suspected he wouldn't do well in the Wood. It was the toughest field he'd faced and he was doing it with only two weeks between races, and that doesn't work for him.

Valuist
06-08-2012, 02:37 PM
So much for the price now that I'll Have Another is out. I expect him to be in the neighborhood of 6-1 or 7-1.

Sysonby
06-08-2012, 02:40 PM
6-1 is what I just saw

Thomas Roulston
06-09-2012, 04:36 AM
With Street Life lacking stamina-wing chef-de-race influences (DP = 5-3-8-0-0), not feelin' the love.

If you want a longshot, at least Guyana Star Dweej has a decent distance pedigree (DP = 9-12-9-2-2).

GARY Z
06-09-2012, 05:30 AM
there should be an interesting early pace by at least 4 horses.

Based on that scenario Dullahan,as a sustanied runner would appear to be the horse to beat,
but I wouldn't discount Paynter/Baffert especially at odds of 4-1/5-1.

I've given up on Union Rags and after that the only one horse bred to go the distance is Street Life. That said, I see him getting bet down to 5-1, not
much value,UNLESS you are betting the pick 3's/4's6's.

I've bet SL in the Brooklyn/Belmont DD with the winner, so I'm
hoping for a possible dd of 50.00(have no idea of its value).

pandy
06-09-2012, 06:35 AM
None of the top 4 contenders have strong stamina pedigrees, in my opinion, it could be a staggerthon in the final 1/8.

gracwalk
06-09-2012, 08:49 AM
None of the top 4 contenders have strong stamina pedigrees, in my opinion, it could be a staggerthon in the final 1/8.

I googled Street Life's, pedigree his great grandsire is Princequillo.

gracwalk
06-09-2012, 06:42 PM
I googled Street Life's, pedigree his great grandsire is Princequillo.

Sorry I was wrong no Princequillo, in his bloodline.

Sysonby
06-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Nope, he does have Princequillo, just a little further back on the dam side