PDA

View Full Version : What would a triple crown winner at the "Traver's" do for

sammy the sage
06-07-2012, 10:53 AM
NYRA's bottom line....actually just wondering how the track will play...HHHHmmmm...seen some weird stuff everry now and then ACROSS the country on BIG days..

nijinski
06-07-2012, 03:44 PM
If IHA can pull it off and we did get a Triple Crown winner. Why would O'Neill want to ever come back for the Travers , after what the State and Wagering Board is doing.? Not blaming NYRA here , looks to be the board's witch hunt.

Pretty sure he can wear the nose strip att the Haskell .

Saratoga_Mike
06-07-2012, 04:07 PM
If IHA can pull it off and we did get a Triple Crown winner. Why would O'Neill want to ever come back for the Travers , after what the State and Wagering Board is doing.? Not blaming NYRA here , looks to be the board's witch hunt.

Because winning at Saratoga is much more prestigious than winning at MTH. And he's bred to win the Travers!

nijinski
06-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Because winning at Saratoga is much more prestigious than winning at MTH. And he's bred to win the Travers!

I don't disagree , I always look forward to the Travers and to me it holds alot of weight . I just think the State and Wagering board and stewards made some mistakes and that may stay with the trainers for a bit.They are complaining as you well know.
Baffert has already spoken about going to the the Haskell. I can't imagine O'Neill feeling good about coming back . Would he do it for the horse ? Well if he wins Saturday , they should roll out the Red carpet .But they should have at this point with the two leg classic victory.
Would it be so hard to call a quick meeting of the stewards to reverse the nasal strip rule as well. Would be a nice gesture.

Saratoga_Mike
06-07-2012, 04:35 PM
I don't disagree , I always look forward to the Travers and to me it holds alot of weight . I just think the State and Wagering board and stewards made some mistakes and that may stay with the trainers for a bit.They are complaining as you well know.
Baffert has already spoken about going to the the Haskell. I can't imagine O'Neill feeling good about coming back . Would he do it for the horse ? Well if he wins Saturday , they should roll out the Red carpet .But they should have at this point with the two leg classic victory.
Would it be so hard to call a quick meeting of the stewards to reverse the nasal strip rule as well. Would be a nice gesture.

Let Baffert go to MTH. This summer's Saratoga meet with the enhanced purses is going to be huge.

depalma113
06-07-2012, 08:30 PM
He could run in both the Haskell and the Travers.

rgustafson
06-07-2012, 08:46 PM
He could run in both the Haskell and the Travers.

This is about is laughable as it gets. There is a much greater chance that he runs in neither.

KingChas
06-08-2012, 08:58 AM
I just think the State and Wagering board and stewards made some mistakes and that may stay with the trainers for a bit.They are complaining as you well know.
Baffert has already spoken about going to the the Haskell. I can't imagine O'Neill feeling good about coming back . Would he do it for the horse ? Well if he wins Saturday , they should roll out the Red carpet .

Yea if IHA wins the TC,they can invoke even tighter standards at the detention barn in Saratoga.
They have a way of making marquee events very uncomfortable for NY trainers let alone out of town trainers.
They definately do not deserve any favors from these trainers.

I see a much larger field coming for the Haskell than the Travers.

Perhaps they should invest in a red carpet.
These so called educated people.....just don't get it....status quo. ;)

Saratoga_Mike
06-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Yea if IHA wins the TC,they can invoke even tighter standards at the detention barn in Saratoga.
They have a way of making marquee events very uncomfortable for NY trainers let alone out of town trainers.
They definately do not deserve any favors from these trainers.

I see a much larger field coming for the Haskell than the Travers.

Perhaps they should invest in a red carpet.
These so called educated people.....just don't get it....status quo. ;)

Yes, Baffert and O'neil certainly deserve the benefit of the doubt. I propose a new honor system to replace post-race testing. You just pledge not to use anything illegal and there's no post-race test. This makes it much easier on the trainers.

The Haskell field may be larger, but it will be weaker.

KingChas
06-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Yes, Baffert and O'neil certainly deserve the benefit of the doubt. I propose a new honor system to replace post-race testing. You just pledge not to use anything illegal and there's no post-race test. This makes it much easier on the trainers.

Of course you feel this doesn't pertain to NY trainers......squeaky clean,huh?

The Haskell field may be larger, but it will be weaker
For how much longer if you are even correct Mike? If current BS persists in NY it won't be long ,Haskell is growing stronger every year.

Maybe years from now the Travers will be restricted to six NY breds.
Here is the field in advance
:1: :1a: :2: :2b: :3: :3x:

Saratoga_Mike
06-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Of course you feel this doesn't pertain to NY trainers......squeaky clean,huh?

For how much longer if you are even correct Mike? If current BS persists in NY it won't be long ,Haskell is growing stronger every year.

Maybe years from now the Travers will be restricted to six NY breds.
Here is the field in advance
:1: :1a: :2: :2b: :3: :3x:

NY trainers - squeaky clean? When did I say that? That's absurd. There are plenty of cheats in NY who should be banned.

This yr's Travers will be nothing more than a glorified claiming race. :rolleyes: See, owner want to win big races at Saratoga. To be clear, I think MTH is a really nice track and I like the racing there, but Saratoga is where people want to win big races.

KingChas
06-08-2012, 09:29 AM
To be clear, I think MTH is a really nice track and I like the racing there, but Saratoga is where people want to win big races.

I agree with you 100%.Not trying to be arguementive.
My problem is I want it to stay that way.......... ;)

Saratoga_Mike
06-08-2012, 09:46 AM
I agree with you 100%.Not trying to be arguementive.
My problem is I want it to stay that way.......... ;)

Well I'll admit I was getting defensive about Saratoga, but I honestly don't think the detention barn issue will have any impact on the Travers.

Tom
06-08-2012, 11:27 AM

Yup.
I would go to Monmouth and say screw NYS.
There are lots of GR 1 races not under the control of lying-thief morons.

Robert Goren
06-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Why wouldn't they take IHA back to S. Cal?