PDA

View Full Version : How many ?

BIG HIT
06-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Of you use turn time or ability time or fulcrum think spelled it right.In your handicapping.Or do you give any real inportance to them.Just curious my self i find turn time very helpful. there another one two think its called pace power fraction.You take lengths behind at half add to final fraction.You guys are well read on these subjects.Annd computer tested them or check them out i'am sure.Would love your opion.Thanks

detective
06-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Turn time is a great indicator of a horse who will more times than not be on the lead if he is a full second faster than rest of the field and can repeat today. If speed holds up at the track you play you could have a winner. The Fulcrum horse is in the mix most of time and ends up in the ex or tri mucho times. I don't have a stat for that but when I see the Fulcrum horse you at least have to take a longer look at him or her. Of course neither of these factors are single factors that will grind out winners but I do use them as another factor to look at.

jerry-g
06-06-2012, 10:15 PM
I like to look at Class and Pace. I use FPS for 2nd call and Final Fraction FPS. I favor 2nd call FPS FX in sprints and Final Fx FPS for routes. For comparison, I add up class, E2, late and speed to see if it agrees or disagrees with the above.

BIG HIT
06-07-2012, 08:37 AM
All handicapping books have those kind of things in them.Just interested how compare simlar to use of feet per sec or fraction thought be interesting topic

atlasaxis
06-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Here's some excellent insight into turn time:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=80414#post80414