PDA

View Full Version : Wisoconsin recall update.....

newtothegame
06-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Report: 119% Voter Turnout in Madison, WI

A Madison City Clerk has told a Wisconsin radio host that turnout for the area is expected at over 100%, up to 119%. What makes it all the more interesting is that this story comes from a far-left site (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/06/05/495607/madison-city-clerk-turnout-is-on-pace-to-reach-119/).

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/06/05/report-voter-turnout-119-percent-in-madison

WAIT!!!! 119% LMAO..........oh you've got to love those libs........I am sure they got the dead turn out as well....lol

Shemp Howard
06-05-2012, 07:54 PM
As they say in Chicago...."Vote early and vote often."

newtothegame
06-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Yeah, and for me, this is one of the biggest offenses a politician or staff can committ. I truly feel if you get caught in voter fraud, on EITHER side, it should carry a substantial penalty and SUBSTANTIAL time in jail. To me, you are actually robbing people of their rights and their votes. The same people you are trying to get into office to serve.......:bang:

ArlJim78
06-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Walker is too successful, got to get him out of there and put in someone incompetent. the people demand nothing less.

wisconsin
06-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Walker is too successful, got to get him out of there and put in someone incompetent. the people demand nothing less.

Jim, you should see the venom spewing over this. It is dividing friendships and families in a way I have never seen in my lifetime.

ArlJim78
06-05-2012, 09:51 PM
I can believe it. This is a war.

You have the political class and associated cronies (headed by Washington and public/private unions) on one side, versus the private sector.
Its been a one sided fight for years and years, but people have had enough and are only now pushing back.

boxcar
06-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Walker is like Jesus -- a divider who is bearing a "sword". :lol:

I've been hearing about a lot of skullduggery, but I still think Walker will pull this out.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
06-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Fox calls it for Walker.
let the spin begin.

lsbets
06-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Walker wins. A crushing defeat for the looters and moochers. And a gigantic waste of the tax payers money.

cj's dad
06-05-2012, 10:00 PM
The Tea party Lives !!!!

BHO is toast

ArlJim78
06-05-2012, 10:01 PM
THIS is what democracy looks like.
:lol:

bigmack
06-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Flip it over to MSLSD. Long faces throughout. The second they received news, they started yappin' about how much money Walker spent on the recaul. Wasn't long ago they were bragging about BO having a billion to slay the R's.

Thusfar, 60% to 40% - Let's see how well polling holds up, given it was within 3 yesterday.

JustRalph
06-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Exit polls show 53% of those who voted today in Wi said they would vote for Obama. 42% Romney

How the hell you reconcile those results makes me skeptical of the exit polls

Tom
06-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Wolf Blitzer looked like he was close to tears.
Anyone in the Chicago area....check in on mostie.

People have voted for responsibility.

boxcar
06-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Exit polls show 53% of those who voted today in Wi said they would vote for Obama. 42% Romney

Maybe some Republicans and/or Conservatives have wised up and have learned to play the game the way the Dems have been doing all these decades.

Boxcar

boxcar
06-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Wolf Blitzer looked like he was close to tears.
Anyone in the Chicago area....check in on mostie.

People have voted for responsibility.

Some people have come to understand after the '08 debacle that choices have consequences.

Boxcar

wisconsin
06-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Mostie, close the oven door, for goodness sake.....

bigmack
06-05-2012, 10:35 PM
What a long, strange trip it's been.

What will "The People" do now? This is almost barbaric to treat people this way. :lol:

LkxpV-6x2AI

Tom
06-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Tea Party is dead, huh?

Romney will take WI in November.
The people there has tasted the Obama Wine...and spit it out.

And the Union boys pulled out all the stops on this one - including publishing people's private information int he Shame Your Neighbor Program - which really a ruse to publish voter data on people mot likely to vote so that Union scum bags could vote multiple times.

Sorry Charlie.....didn't work.

This is why is is absolutely STUPID to not require photo ID to vote.
There is no valid argument on this topic.
Only idiot mumblings.

HUSKER55
06-05-2012, 10:44 PM
walker is the projected winner with 60% of the votes in and a 16% lead. One of the talk shows guys said that mathmatically barret has to get 96% of the remaining votes to win.

ElKabong
06-05-2012, 10:45 PM

I live in TX but have relatives in MN, and know folks in western WI that are family friends. The folks in those 2 states are cut from a different (maybe even better) cloth than folks down here, or on either coast

WI is a Blue state that is fairly pro gun & anti abortion. They don't toe the Pelosi Line by any means. From my accounts, they vote for the candidate, not the party - at least compared to most states.

It doesn't surprise me WI voted in Walker & right now lean to Obama. They don't know Romney well, maybe they will change their minds after debates. If Obama can get ONE lesson from this, it's the fact he has to convey to that state and others that he can cut the budget in a meaningful way. Walker won the WI folks in a great part with that action.

JustRalph
06-05-2012, 10:46 PM
George Bush only lost Wi by 5000 votes in 2000. 11k in 2004.

Obama won Wi by 13% ..........should be interesting

ElKabong
06-05-2012, 10:47 PM
walker is the projected winner with 60% of the votes in and a 16% lead. One of the talk shows guys said that mathmatically barret has to get 96% of the remaining votes to win.

check out the guy crying on cnn right now.....funny stuff

Maybe Obama can tweet him that "I support you" :lol: :lol:

newtothegame
06-05-2012, 10:52 PM
With all the money poured by the unions, the threats, the almost tearing apart the state capital, and hell they even brought Billy in for this fight and still got demolished! This should tell this administration, and any other NON fiscally responsible administration that the careless spending can not go on.
A win for America! Congrats Wisconsin for standing firm on your beliefs!

toetoe
06-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Rachel the Mad Cow must be devastated. Why couldn't Uncle Scott just lay off ? Oops, I mean ... well ... um ...

ElKabong
06-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Big Dumb Ed Show comes on in 3 minutes....CAN'T MISS TV

I recall his show in Nov 2010, with the gap toothed ree-tard from Milwaukee @ his side. It was a funeral on tape. Should be the same tonite.

All that union money that went into this useless Recall...POOF! Gone into thin air.... I feel bad for the union boys, having an org waste their paycheck $ in that manner. That could have gone to their pension fund. Instead, it goes to the tv stations, radio stations, and pockets of Jesse Jackson and the like.

Suckers.

ElKabong
06-05-2012, 11:06 PM
With all the money poured by the unions, the threats, the almost tearing apart the state capital, and hell they even brought Billy in for this fight and still got demolished! This should tell this administration, and any other NON fiscally responsible administration that the careless spending can not go on.
A win for America! Congrats Wisconsin for standing firm on your beliefs!

I almost always agree with you 100% but I'd have to say this is a victory for WI. Not necessarily for us all.

WI isn't PA, MI, or Ohio. Just my personal opinion, but I think it's GOVERNOR SCOTT WALKER, with the help of competent leaders like Paul Ryan, that made this possible. I don't believe MI, PA, OH have leadership like WI has at the moment.

2016 or beyond I'd sure like to have Walker and / or Ryan on a national ticket & add Daniels and perhaps Coburn to the mix

Leadership makes all the difference. WI folks are lucky have this type of leadership!

JustRalph
06-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Tom Barrett is receiving Boo's and heckling from his own supporters in his concession speech. Rough crowd :p :bang:

newtothegame
06-05-2012, 11:18 PM
I almost always agree with you 100% but I'd have to say this is a victory for WI. Not necessarily for us all.

WI isn't PA, MI, or Ohio. Just my personal opinion, but I think it's GOVERNOR SCOTT WALKER, with the help of competent leaders like Paul Ryan, that made this possible. I don't believe MI, PA, OH have leadership like WI has at the moment.

2016 or beyond I'd sure like to have Walker and / or Ryan on a national ticket & add Daniels and perhaps Coburn to the mix

Leadership makes all the difference. WI folks are lucky have this type of leadership!
I agree completely Elk that leadership makes a difference. Look not to far away in indiana and you see something similiar. What will happen inevitably is some of the states you mention will run into budget problems and they will have to make tough choices as well. Because of the publicity of Wisconsin, people will remember and look to their leadership to make similiar moves.
I feel that was the biggest reason this was so nationally publicized. This could be a sweeping change throughout the nation. Public Unions will have to start paying their "fair share" now!

ElKabong
06-05-2012, 11:22 PM
gotta love how the Left talkingheads are framing this defeat..."we were outspent 7 to 1". The kids on the streets of Madison on cnn parrotted that same line. ......No facing the truth about this is the second time Walker beat Barrett @ the polls. The people of WI have spoken. Time to move on to the business of government that the people of WI voted for

Great day for Wisconsin. I'm proud and envious at the same time

ElKabong
06-05-2012, 11:25 PM
This could be a sweeping change throughout the nation. Public Unions will have to start paying their "fair share" now!

I hope you're right. If not in 2012, in 2014 / 2016....but I'd sure be onboard with 2012. Would be nice to get momentum from this election tonight.

ElKabong
06-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Tom Barrett is receiving Boo's and heckling from his own supporters in his concession speech. Rough crowd :p :bang:

This usually happens to those thrown under Obama's bus :)

elysiantraveller
06-06-2012, 12:29 AM

You're kidding right?

Our Governor has created a flat business tax, cut spending 5%, created jobs, and cut state pensioner's benefits.

He is currently facing recall threats and could very likely be the selection as the VP for the Romney camp.

mostpost
06-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Report: 119% Voter Turnout in Madison, WI

A Madison City Clerk has told a Wisconsin radio host that turnout for the area is expected at over 100%, up to 119%. What makes it all the more interesting is that this story comes from a far-left site (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/06/05/495607/madison-city-clerk-turnout-is-on-pace-to-reach-119/).

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/06/05/report-voter-turnout-119-percent-in-madison

WAIT!!!! 119% LMAO..........oh you've got to love those libs........I am sure they got the dead turn out as well....lol

Did you read the explanation? The % is based on the number of voters registered as of election day. Wisconsin allows registration on election day. Let's say that 100 people were registered as of the opening of polling places. Then all of those people vote plus 19 who registered during the day; or 80 previously registered voters vote plus 39 newly registered; or any combination of those numbers. Now why they don't calculate the % based on the total registered at the end of the day, I don't know.

bigmack
06-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Well, after a series of "We'll see, come June 5th" you have you answer.

What say you now, Mr. Most? Mr. Post?

(cue drum roll)

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Well, after a series of "We'll see, come June 5th" you have you answer.

What say you now, Mr. Most? Mr. Post?

(cue drum roll)

We were outspent 7-1, wwwaaaaaawaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaa.

BlueShoe
06-06-2012, 12:45 AM
This election should never have happened. In the brief span of just 17 months in office, Walker has done a superb job in turning his state around. His reward for doing this is having to fend off an effort by the communist unions to remove him from office. Even in liberal Wisconsin a majority of it's citizens saw through the union sham. Did not view one minute of MSNBC, but perhaps I should have. According to comments on another site, the goons over there were sputtering and conjuring up all kinds of excuses for Walker's victory. Was said that Schultz was in an absolute tizzy, now that would have been worth a look.

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Shultzy was very "down" and subdued on the late program. Stark contrast to the giddyness he and Grandholm (current tv) and others portrayed in the early shows before the polls closed

Their logic was, since there was a large voter turnout that meant Dems would rake in most of the votes, being a blue state. Reverse was true as we found out.

Must really suck for mosty and hcap and their like....Astro Turfers from Chicago and IL flooding WI in droves for months......all for nothing. The populace of a Blue State rejected the union agenda with vengeance. Where do they (union goons) go from here? Not far, that's for sure

mostpost
06-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Now to the results in Wisconsin. If you think I am bitter, I am. There is another thread in this forum that talks about the evolution from unfettered capitalism to corporatism to fascism. I am convinced that we are headed that way. That may not be the intention of the people who are voting against unions and for corporations. It may not even be the intention of the politicians who are taking corporate money for their campaigns and supporting laws favored by those corporations.

I'm not talking about small businesses or even medium sized corporations. I'm talking about the big, multinational corporations and financial institutions. The ones that have no loyalty to this country, but only to the bottom line. These entities are gaining ever increasing power and anyone who can not see this is a fool. There will come a time when you will all say, "My God, what have I done?" And it will be too late.

I am astounded by how many people vote against their own interest. I am amazed by the people on this forum who argue against policies that would benefit them. Strong unions meant more safety, better working conditions and higher salaries. Weaker unions mean rollbacks in wages and benefits. Private companies running healthcare as a virtual monopoly means runaway costs. Healthcare reform would slow down those costs-or stop them. Low taxes mean reduced revenues and increasing debt. Higher taxes mean you can pay for needed services and lower the debt.

But the right operates on the theory that if you are rich you are good and if you are poor you are bad. So they vote for the powerful and against themselves because they know they are good and the know rich is good.

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 01:04 AM
I'm not talking about small businesses or even medium sized corporations. I'm talking about the big, multinational corporations and financial institutions.

You mean the ones that employ tens, or hundreds of thousands of employees?

OK.

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 01:06 AM
These entities are gaining ever increasing power and anyone who can not see this is a fool. There will come a time when you will all say, "My God, what have I done?" And it will be too late.

Actually, when you replace the word "corporations" with unions", your comment is pretty much true. Tonight was time (as you say). "My God, what have we done? Vote that shit down, NOW"

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Private companies running healthcare as a virtual monopoly means runaway costs.

You mean, like the way they paid for Obamacare to get passed? A monopoly?

Your boy Barak is in bed with BigPharma, and you posted the above! :lol:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-05-31/drugmakers-vowed-to-campaign-for-health-law-memos-show

Drugmakers Vowed to Campaign for Health Law, Memos Show

Drugmakers led by Pfizer (PFE) (PFE) Inc. agreed to run a “very significant public campaign” bankrolling political support for the 2010 health-care law, including TV ads, while the Obama administration promised to block provisions opposed by drugmakers, documents released by Republicans show.

The internal memos and e-mails for the first time unveil the industry's plan to finance positive TV ads and supportive groups, along with providing $80 billion in discounts and taxes that were included in the law. The administration has previously denied the existence of a deal involving political support.

snip

mostpost
06-06-2012, 01:14 AM
As to the election itself, I began to worry when I heard Tom Barrett on one of the MSNBC shows. The host was asking Barrett to comment on some of the Walker policies for which Walker was being criticized. Barrett acted like a rabbit hiding from the hounds. He hemmed and hawed and never took the offensive.

Then tonight when he was giving his concession he took about compromise and working together. The first two pigs tried to compromise with the wolf and look what happened to them. Chamberlain tried to appease Hitler. How did that turn out? It's time for Democrats to grow a pair. No compromise. Oppose everything the Republicans propose. While we still have a majority in the Senate change the rules to require only a majority to pass legislation. Make it so you have to actually physically filbuster, not just say you are going to filibuster. Never, never let the Republicans get away with a lie. Challenge them immediately. We need more Democrats like Alan Greyson and less like Harry Reid.

bigmack
06-06-2012, 01:18 AM
But the right operates on the theory that if you are rich you are good and if you are poor you are bad. So they vote for the powerful and against themselves because they know they are good and the know rich is good.
Christ, man, are you actually saying you're as lost as DumbEd? I mean, you at least bring a more honest debate than he, so I thought maybe even YOU wouldn't buy his drivel.

What you're saying is that you do drink his Koolaid. That, my man, is a real shame, 'cause you're being lied to. Become an independent and stop this idiocy you shamelessly defend.

mostpost
06-06-2012, 01:20 AM
You mean the ones that employ tens, or hundreds of thousands of employees?

OK.
It doesn't matter how many they employ if the don't pay any of them a living wage. And that is the way we are headed.

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 01:21 AM
What you're saying is that you do drink his Koolaid. That, my man, is a real shame, 'cause you're being lied to. Become an independent and stop this idiocy you shamelessly defend.

his union won't let him....

mostpost
06-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Actually, when you replace the word "corporations" with unions", your comment is pretty much true. Tonight was time (as you say). "My God, what have we done? Vote that shit down, NOW"

Arguing with you is futile. You are out of touch with reality. Unions are gaining ever increasing power? What planet are you living on? If you think that corporations are not amassing massive amounts of power then you are a major part of the problem.

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Private companies running healthcare as a virtual monopoly means runaway costs. Healthcare reform would slow down those costs-or stop them. Low taxes mean reduced revenues and increasing debt.

This one was so ridiculous, I had to hit it a 2nd time.....Barak + BigPharma= hand in hand. One's bought like a piece of meat, the other has a president in their hip pocket.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-05-31/drugmakers-vowed-to-campaign-for-health-law-memos-show

Included in the documents released by the Republicans was an October 2012 e-mail from Bryant Hall, a PhRMA lobbyist,

In it, Hall wrote that the Obama administration had agreed to block a proposal by Democrats in Congress that would let people import pharmaceutical products from outside the U.S., where price controls offer them at lower costs than they can be obtained inside the U.S.

The White House “is working on some very explicit language to kill it in health-care reform,” Hall wrote in an e-mail sent to Kindler and Sally Susman, a current Pfizer executive vice president and head of the New York-based drugmaker’s public policy and communications operations.

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 01:29 AM
Arguing with you is futile. You are out of touch with reality. Unions are gaining ever increasing power? What planet are you living on? If you think that corporations are not amassing massive amounts of power then you are a major part of the problem.

and...Arguing with you is like arguing with a guy that delivered mail door to door. You don't get it.

People of WI voted the union agenda DOWN b/c of costs it represented to the budget. They said "STOP". Unions for state gov't workers need to be ended, or in some cases curtailed greatly.

Enjoy the loss. I'm enjoying the win :)

mostpost
06-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Christ, man, are you actually saying you're as lost as DumbEd? I mean, you at least bring a more honest debate than he, so I thought maybe even YOU wouldn't buy his drivel.

The one who is being lied to is you. You are being lied to by the birthers. You are being lied to by the anti union forces. You are being lied to by the banks. You are being lied to by the oil companies. You are being lied to by the climate change deniers.

Ed Schultz is not my idea of a good spokesman for the progressive cause. Too many times I have heard someone call into his radio show and make a point only to realize that Ed had no idea what the caller was talking about. There are many, more knowledgable, spokespersons for the progressive cause. People like Thom Hartmann, Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews.

But Ed does have his place. He is the front lines guy; the offensive tackle who does the dirty work.

bigmack
06-06-2012, 01:46 AM
But Ed does have his place. He is the front lines guy; the offensive tackle who does the dirty work.
He should have worn a helmet. His brain is malfunctioning.

Why am I trying to get through to you? You're the biggest tool I've ever seen for a political party, outside of Howard "Yeehaw" Deano & David "Floyd the Barber" Axelrood.

I laugh at all the morons like Mikey Moore that fat-assly schlepped around Madison.

I laugh with this victory and will do so later this month when ObamerCare is deemed unconstitutional.

Can you spell abject failure? BHO

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 01:51 AM
It doesn't matter how many they employ if the don't pay any of them a living wage. And that is the way we are headed.

I'm one those employed by such a corporation. I get paid a living wage & then some. Strike 3, you're out.

If I had no skills, say, performing menial tasks in the mailroom was my gig, then to be perfectly honest I wouldn't expect to be paid much. Nor would I deserve to belong to a union. Sorting mail / menial tasks isn't a skill. It's a function for the unskilled. No need for a union, at least in the eyes of a taxpayer who has to fund said unskilled worker

That's not to say these people don't deserve a "living wage". They do. My definition of a living wage, for the unskilled, would not necessarily include wages that allow for satellite tv and things of that nature. It's simply being paid for what you're worth.

If you're a gubmint employee without a skill, the days of yester -year are long gone. What you're waking up to is reality. You're bitter, but the world is moving along

boxcar
06-06-2012, 01:54 AM

Look at it this way, Mosty: Companies could pay higher and employ a lot fewer. But going the other way means more people get to share in the pie. And it is all about sharing, isn't it? :)

Boxcar

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 01:58 AM
Mosty doesn't see it that way, box....he wants the unions to have control.

He still hasn't replied to Obama being BigPharma's sock puppet. I'm going to bed, today has a been quite the victory. More to come

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 03:25 AM
one more thing to mosty...I'm not anti-union. I am however against non skilled workers bilking taxpayers with (a) salaries that pay far more than their worth (b) pensions that bilk taxpayers

I'll use the spouses of two posters here I know as examples. Both union members, who represent the good and bad that unions offer

One, has worked for his employer for 50 yrs, is now in a supervisor type position. He loves his job, chooses to go to work instead of retiring. He's a highly respected individual that belongs to the most powerful union (that I know of). He's productive b/c of the knowledge he passes on to his employees and the good will he passes along as an employee.

The other, retired at age ~55 after working for a local utility dept for 25-30 yrs. The position held was not anything spectacular....This irks the hell out of me as well as most conservatives. I'm at a similar age, don't even dream of retiring for another 12-15 years. How do you think I and others feel about having to pay this individuals retirement pay & benefits for the next 35 yrs??

Enough is enough. Unions have their place but clearly things have to be scaled back

newtothegame
06-06-2012, 04:53 AM
Seriously, you are talking to mosty. He will defend and tell half truths based on what he believes. I do not fault him for that. I truly feel for him as he is stuck in a world from decades ago (in referrence to unions).
But, again as I took up for box in the should he be banned thread, I am going to take up for him here. Is it really necessary to consistently degrade what YOU (elk) seem to think is menial? I really don't think he deserves that. I can tell you this much, when I was sitting in the middle of the indian ocean on a carrier, the highlight of my week was usually in the form of MAIL. You get the point, menial or not, its a job that has a purpose.
Now, back to the topic at hand......:lol:
Mosty, why is it so hard for you to understand TODAY's economics?
Here are a few questions...serious as I would love to hear your take as you just don't seem to understand them. We have disccused them before and it always winds up the same with unanswered questions.
How many union people do you think shop at those big evil corporations like wal-mart? I would bet its more then a few. How can you expect a large evil corporation to pay top wages when you want the lowest prices as well??? I know, I know, you feel the corporation should give up their profits to pay for that minor detail.
But, given you want them to give up their profits, if you take away that avenue (profits) what would cause anyone to take chances in starting businesses which would later become the wal-marts of the world? Profits are what business is designed to do. They have a responsibility to their share holders. It's the way of the business world.
Next, lets say for a moment you do raise wages....do you not understand that in order to protect those profits, the goods being sold have to be marked up higher? by marking up products, you become non-competitve. There is a reason Sears is going down the tubes. Pricing is one of those reasons. The sears and roebuck catalog used to be an american icon. Now, it's all but gone because of pricing to produce and cost to the bottom line.
So how does a company raise wages and still maintain profits?
you say have all the companies raise wages equally? I mean that way they are all still competitive right? Only way that would work is if you shut down our borders and forbid foriegn companies from selling here. In todays world, you must remain competitive GLOBALLY. Companies have to compete against foriegn services and goods. Not too mention the world market has not gone the way of unions. Just look at the sweat shops in India and thailand, etc etc.
Not too mention, I dont believe anyone asked for a pay reduction. Wisconsin asked for the public workers to pay a larger share of their retirement and health.
You are one of the first people to talk about fair share yet every time I have questioned you about YOU paying your fair share, you duck and divert. In the private sector, you pay a larger percentage then the unions are being asked to pay.
You talk about safety etc etc. Seriously?? What is OSHA for? Osha all but eliminated the need for unions and the safety gig. (By the way, here is even more proof the government should stay out of things on your behalf) :lol:
Anyways, I know you wont understand it, or just don't want to believe it. TODAY's world requires an ever changing business model. One that isnt stuck in the fifties.
I probably should of left it alone when you said Chris Mathews is an intellectual voice for the progessive movement. Mr Tingly leg lol. And R Maddow, seriously??? lol

newtothegame
06-06-2012, 05:38 AM
P.S.
Please don't think it's just Wisconsin....

2 major California cities approve pension cuts for city workers

Published June 06, 2012

Associated Press

SAN DIEGO – Voters in two major California cities overwhelmingly approved measures to cut retirement benefits for city workers Tuesday in contests being closely watched as states and local governments throughout the country struggle with mounting pension obligations.

In San Diego, 67 percent voted in favor of Proposition B while 33 percent were opposed. More than 65 percent of precincts reported.

The margin in San Jose was even wider, with 71 percent in favor of Measure B and 29 percent opposed. Nearly half of precincts reported.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/06/2-major-california-cities-approve-pension-cuts-for-city-workers/#ixzz1x0KUIL5U

HUSKER55
06-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Big Ed had a crying moment where the union lost 2/3 of its members. Think about this. What was holding that unon together? sure wasn't loyalty. that is alot of lost dues. what happened to unions strong hold over its members?

when those dems ran to illinois, they paid for their folly last night. all they proved is that they squat to piss. real men would have stayed and fought. Remember that doctor who wrote all those notes for employees in the crowd? Wheather you approve of what she did (as a doctor) or not, everyone knew who she was, what was going on and oh-yea...SHE WAS ON THE LINE! SHE DID NOT RUN TO ILlINOIS!

gotta respect that.

those stores that got strong armed and bullied by the unions got their revenge last night. you act like a child you get punished.

Barret is in his last term in politics in wisconsin. He couldn't even keep his own supporters in line. watch a rerun of his speech last night.

Tom
06-06-2012, 07:44 AM

Wow, you really believe this crap, don't you?
You should move to Greece.
:lol::lol::lol:

Tom
06-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by mostpost

...yup, played for years without a helmet.
Can't ya tell? :lol:

Hey mostie, the people have spoken,.
Walker has done what none of your DC Dems have been able to do.....admit it - your way leads to Greece and Spain. Your way bankrupts states and countries and favors a select few - chill out, have some TEA. One lump or two?

badcompany
06-06-2012, 07:58 AM
But, given you want them to give up their profits, if you take away that avenue (profits) what would cause anyone to take chances in starting businesses which would later become the wal-marts of the world? Profits are what business is designed to do. They have a responsibility to their share holders. It's the way of the business world.

The typical Leftist response to a question like this is to point out that if the profits are given to the workers, then, they'll have more money which translates into greater demand.

It sounds plausible but economics must be looked at as a system. Without profits, the company can't reinvest in order to grow and become more efficient. So, the nominal wages that the workers get will result in more dollars chasing the same amount of goods and services, the result being no difference in real wages and the forfeiting of future economic growth.

ArlJim78
06-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Big Ed had a crying moment where the union lost 2/3 of its members. Think about this. What was holding that unon together? sure wasn't loyalty. that is alot of lost dues. what happened to unions strong hold over its members?

I think this is one of the big stories here. the fact that the union lost so many members exposes the scam for what it is. the cozy government/labor partnership has screwed both the rank and file members and the taxpayers.

I also don't get the whining over being outspent. this was their initiative! they took the battle to Walker, nobody forced them to do it. they miscalculated and now pay the price. don't blame the people who supported Walker, blame your own damn leadership who wasted so much time and resources on this hopeless effort. what they have succeeded in doing is making Walker even more popular.

people don't want to be bullied, strong-armed, and intimidated, which are the hallmarks of union activity. mailing out lists to people containing the names of their neighbors and indicating whether or not they voted is reprehensible.

Valuist
06-06-2012, 09:22 AM
This is dedicated to all the "Recallers". Time to turn the page. You lost. Ironically Seger probably would've been one one their sympathizers. Can still like his music, if not his politics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaxjUUdGdH8

BlueShoe
06-06-2012, 09:32 AM
As we all are aware of, this election had national implications that went far beyond Wisconsin. Yesterday was the California primary, but I felt that the Wisconsin recall election was more important than election results in my own home state, and focused more attention on it. The California primary was pretty ho hum, the real action will come in November, although was not pleased with the results of one of our initiatives. Hopefully, Wisconsin will embolden other states to take similar action, and challenge, confront, and break the power of the Marxist unions.

NJ Stinks
06-06-2012, 10:19 AM
A few thoughts from far away:

1. Buying elections is no different than buying wins in sports (see the Yankees, Angels, Manchester United, Chelsea, etc.) Buying elections makes a mockery of our supposed democracy. Any fool can understand that.

2. I agree with Mostpost. I could stop there but I will repeat the thought that people are voting against their own self-interest when voting for a guy like Walker. Those tax dollars you are saving by voting for Walker will seem like peanuts down the line. Because Walker's policies will only lead to lower paying jobs and non-existent benefits. What is going to cost the working man more in the long run? It's a no-brainer.

3. Unions will come back when people fnally come to the inescapable conclusion that without unions - most employers won't pay squat. Put another way, show me a country with no unions and I'll show you a country without a middle class.

Having stated the above, I will add that I agree with those who say there should not have been a recall election. Walker did not commit a crime. He brought in policies unpopular with almost half his constituents. In a democracy like ours, an elected official should be allowed to serve out his term.

Tom
06-06-2012, 10:20 AM
The unions lined up against successful government and responsible spending.
They were in this only for their own gains, not for the good of the state.

The message is still echoing........why should the taxpayers pay for the union boys free ride?

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 11:32 AM
3. Unions will come back when people fnally come to the inescapable conclusion that without unions - most employers won't pay squat. Put another way, show me a country with no unions and I'll show you a country without a middle class.

You'd be right if (a) workers had to perform under unsafe conditions (b) were paid too low per marketplace value (c) work in hostile environments

"a" is why I think certain professions need union protection. Cops, pilots, firemen etc. People who (should be) skilled workers that serve the public while facing potentially life threatening and life saving situations. These people don't need to be working 60 hr weeks on end. Unions serve a purpose.....pardon me for those offended, but most union workers don't fit in this category. I'll leave it at that other than to say paying someone at 55yo --who held down an average job-- a retirement package, funded by taxpayers, is wrong

and you're right...when employers aren't being fair to employees overall, things would change. That's not the problem at the present time. The opposite is true. Unions have been out of control for some time.

If you don't wish to believe me, believe the voting populace of a Blue state like Wisconsin....also telling was 38% of union voters voted for Walker per exit polls. Explain that :confused: ...my take is THEY KNOW unions have taxpayers over a barrel, time for a change

iwearpurple
06-06-2012, 12:05 PM

I find it interesting that those on the left have no clue. As an employee, I provide a service to the employer, who in turn pays me a wage or salary. EVERY employer will pay an employee what he or she is worth. I don't need a union to determine my pay. I can do that myself. If I don't make enough, I need to take the initative to better myself, work harder, educate myself, whatever it takes to increase my pay. If the employer does not pay what the employee is worth, the employee will go elsewhere where they will be compensated fairly for what they do and/or produce.

I am now retired. The company that I worked for paid very well and had excellent benefits. I worked very hard, worked late when necessary, and was rewarded accordingly.

Oh yes, this company is also very successful and has been succesful for all of their 60+ years since their inception.

That is the way free enterprise should work and it does. When government and unions get in the way, it does not work.

lsbets
06-06-2012, 12:10 PM
The issue in Wisconsin was not unions in general. It was the corrupt nature of public employee unions. The unions make huge campaign contributions to the very politicians who vote to give them compensation packages way out of line with what private sector employees make. Don't do what the unions want, they make sure you lose your job. What Walker did was stop the bribery and cut off the cash cow that fed the public employee union bosses and the politicians they purchased. Only a government employee would think this is a bad thing. The unions through a temper tantrum, moved bodies in from all over the country, and got their asses kicked. The people won.

acorn54
06-06-2012, 12:12 PM

Having stated the above, I will add that I agree with those who say there should not have been a recall election. Walker did not commit a crime. He brought in policies unpopular with almost half his constituents. In a democracy like ours, an elected official should be allowed to serve out his term.

china has a large middle class i think.

so.cal.fan
06-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Good posts here.
Guys like El Kabong and Iwearpurple and lsbets obviously have been successful in the private sector and believe in the free market.
To those of you who do not.....your Keynesian economics is not working, it hasn't worked for decades and it's not going to work in the future.
You are not "progressive" you are "regressive".

mostpost
06-06-2012, 03:02 PM
If I had no skills, say, performing menial tasks in the mailroom was my gig, then to be perfectly honest I wouldn't expect to be paid much. Nor would I deserve to belong to a union. Sorting mail / menial tasks isn't a skill. It's a function for the unskilled. No need for a union, at least in the eyes of a taxpayer who has to fund said unskilled worker

OK, so you are the genius who still thinks that Post Office salaries are paid from taxes. As has been mentioned here many times, all Postal expenses are paid from revenues collected for Post Office goods and services. Tax money is not involved. Well, there is one exception. When your congressman or Senator sends you one of those mailings telling you what a wonderful job he is doing, you are paying for that.

As to performing menial tasks in the mailroom, I wouldn't know. I never worked in a mail room. I worked at a post office. While sorting mail was a part of my job, it was not all of it.

I was a window clerk. As such I had to know all the regulations for mailing parcels as to size and weight. I had to know which forms needed to filled out to mail certain types of parcel. I had to know where to find information on which countries prohibited certain articles. I had to know how to make out money orders and what forms and reports to fill out when doing so. I had to maintain my cash drawer and my stamp drawer which I had to pay for if there was a shortage. Every day at the end of the day I had to balance my drawer and complete reports as to what I had sold and the different services I had provided to customers.

I was a dispatch clerk. Since you have no clue as to what that is I will explain. The dispatch clerk takes care of incoming and outgoing mail. More accurately, he takes the mail you bring into the post office and prepares in for dispatch to the Sectional Sorting center. Patrons come to the counter in front of the Post Office. They bring in letters and flats (large envelopes) and parcels. They want packages insured and letters certified or registered. The clerk takes these items in and throws everything in a large container called a hamper. It's up to me to sort those items to the proper container based on the type of mail, the destination and the service provided.

At the same time people are dropping off mail at the loading dock. They are bringing in bulk mailings. If you get a piece of junk mail at home, look at the postage indicia. You will notice there is no amount. That is because firms who do bulk mailings maintain an account with the post office. When presenting pieces to be mailed they give us a form with the weight of single piece, the weight of the entire mailing, the number of pieces and the amount they are paying based on the level of sortation. We do not take their word for it.
First I make a random check of the mailing to determine if all pieces are identical. Then I check to see if the mailing is sorted as the customer says it is. If he is claiming a carrier route sort, I need to confirm that all pieces in a bundle are for the same carrier route. Again we don't check every letter in every bundle in every mailing. There is a formula and procedure we follow to determine how many and which bundles to check. If the mailing fails to meet standards it is returned to the customer to be reworked and the person presenting the mailing is held hostage until it is correct. NO!! That part is not true.

If the mailing is properly presented my next task is to confirm that the amount of postage the customer claimed is correct. Then I have to deduct it from his account, update the account of the computer and take the cash or check up to the window clerk. Once I have done that, I give the customer his receipt and we are done.

There are a lot of other things a postal clerk does; some of which I did, some
I did not do. We maintain the PO Box sections. Which means we keep track of when rents are due and notify the boxholder. We close boxes for which payment has not been made and forward the remaining mail-or mail which has come in post-closure. We order keys and change locks if someone has lost their keys.

We maintain more reports than I can count. I'm not saying these are terribly difficult jobs, but being a postal clerk is a lot more than throwing a letter in a slot.

Now why don't you tell me what you do, because I may have already done it.
I did not work my entire life at the Post Office. I worked for an insurance company as an underwriter. I worked as a purchasing expediter for Motorola.
I worked inside sales and customer service. And in the army, I worked with the storage and maintainence of classified documents and had a Top Secret clearance.

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I was ready to let it die, but since you brought it up, mosty, those ARE menial jobs that can (and are) be performed by unskilled workers..... But back to your comment "still thinks that Post Office salaries are paid from taxes."

The Postal service has lost BILLIONS recently, per quarter. BILLIONS. Your union may not be the only reason for the failure of this organization, it certainly IS one of the problems and has to be addressed.

From wiki, one of your favorite links, re: funding of the USPS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Postal_Service

it does receive tens to hundreds of millions per year in "implicit subsidies", such as breaks on property tax, vehicle registration, and sales tax, in addition to subsidized government loans.[6] Since the 2006 all-time peak mail volume [7], after which Congress passed the "Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act"[8], revenue dropped sharply due to recession-influenced [9] declining mail volume,[10], prompting the postal service to look to other sources of revenue while cutting costs to reduce its budget deficit.[11]

Tax breaks...subsidized government loans (meaning someone other than the USPS pays the interest)...You're reaching into my pocket now. I have a voice among others & it's being heard at the polls. You heard it last night.

bigmack
06-06-2012, 03:58 PM
The issue in Wisconsin was not unions in general. It was the corrupt nature of public employee unions. The unions make huge campaign contributions to the very politicians who vote to give them compensation packages way out of line with what private sector employees make. Don't do what the unions want, they make sure you lose your job. What Walker did was stop the bribery and cut off the cash cow that fed the public employee union bosses and the politicians they purchased. Only a government employee would think this is a bad thing. The unions through a temper tantrum, moved bodies in from all over the country, and got their asses kicked. The people won.

I find it interesting that those on the left have no clue. As an employee, I provide a service to the employer, who in turn pays me a wage or salary. EVERY employer will pay an employee what he or she is worth. I don't need a union to determine my pay. I can do that myself. If I don't make enough, I need to take the initative to better myself, work harder, educate myself, whatever it takes to increase my pay. If the employer does not pay what the employee is worth, the employee will go elsewhere where they will be compensated fairly for what they do and/or produce.

I am now retired. The company that I worked for paid very well and had excellent benefits. I worked very hard, worked late when necessary, and was rewarded accordingly.

Oh yes, this company is also very successful and has been succesful for all of their 60+ years since their inception.

That is the way free enterprise should work and it does. When government and unions get in the way, it does not work.

Two REALLY good posts that deal with reality.

The position NJ & Mostpost hold, is fantasyland.

How is it they continue to use "workers." The only "workers" they talk about are their peers in unions. Workers are found exponentially more OUTSIDE of union shenanigans. At least be honest and frame your narrative properly.

You speak for union flunkies only.

NEWSBREAK. There's more of us than you. :lol:

Bettowin
06-06-2012, 04:06 PM

AMEN!

badcompany
06-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Tax breaks...subsidized government loans (meaning someone other than the USPS pays the interest)...You're reaching into my pocket now.

They've always been reaching into our pocket.

The Post Office has a state-backed monopoly on mail delivery and can therefore charge a monopoly price.

The difference between the price of stamps and what they would be if the post office had to compete in a free market is also a subsidy.

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 05:52 PM
re: Walker voters that lean Obama....

saw this, might have some truth to it. Take the Left leaning of the site w/ a grain of salt, content is interesting.

http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/103907/meet-the-walker-obama-voter

I observed reporting on the ground in Ohio, where the people I spoke with predicted that the economic comeback there (more apparent than in Wisconsin) would redound both to the benefit of Obama and the Republican Gov. John Kasich. Another factor apparently driving these voters to back Walker in Wisconsin, exit polls suggest, was simple distaste for the whole notion of the recall—they might not be thrilled with what he’s done in office, but they found a recall an unnecessarily extreme and costly step. And some of them, surely, were voters who agreed with Walker on the issue at the heart of this fight—his assault on public employee unions—but do not see this local stance translating into support for the national GOP candidate, Mitt Romney.

Striker
06-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Front page of the Chicago Sun-Times today was a picture of Obama, with "Beyond Recall-Wisconsin's Mixed Message." "While voters in the Badger State kept their republican governor in office, they're still comfortable voting for Obama." I mean when was the last time Wisky voted for a repub for president, Reagan in 1984?

JustRalph
06-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Chrs Matthews show is long faces and outrageous conclusions tonight. They are in full attack mode on Romney. Sad......they are flailing

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 08:06 PM
what, you didn't like Chris' complaining about men disapproving Obama's job performance by 50% nationwide, and wondering why? ;)

He did look long faced

Dumb Ed's on now. Had to watch the intro, he's biting his lip. Deep down he's bitter....just bitter.....going after Romney with a vengeance...it's as if these 2 guys go in with talking points loaded in the teleprompter, ready to fire

Tom
06-06-2012, 08:34 PM
china has a large middle class i think.

Yes, but they are all 3 years old.

Tom
06-06-2012, 08:38 PM
what, you didn't like Chris' complaining about men disapproving Obama's job performance by 50% nationwide, and wondering why? ;)

He did look long faced

Dumb Ed's on now. Had to watch the intro, he's biting his lip. Deep down he's bitter....just bitter.....going after Romney with a vengeance...it's as if these 2 guys go in with talking points loaded in the teleprompter, ready to fire

I wonder if Chrissie's leg is tingling yet? :lol:
They showed a photo of Knucklehead Ed on The 5 tonight....what a tool! :lol: I bet he can't poop for 6 months he is so tight!

boxcar
06-06-2012, 08:41 PM
re: Walker voters that lean Obama....

saw this, might have some truth to it. Take the Left leaning of the site w/ a grain of salt, content is interesting.

http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/103907/meet-the-walker-obama-voter

I observed reporting on the ground in Ohio, where the people I spoke with predicted that the economic comeback there (more apparent than in Wisconsin) would redound both to the benefit of Obama and the Republican Gov. John Kasich. Another factor apparently driving these voters to back Walker in Wisconsin, exit polls suggest, was simple distaste for the whole notion of the recall—they might not be thrilled with what he’s done in office, but they found a recall an unnecessarily extreme and costly step. And some of them, surely, were voters who agreed with Walker on the issue at the heart of this fight—his assault on public employee unions—but do not see this local stance translating into support for the national GOP candidate, Mitt Romney.

Since we're in speculation mode, I'll toss my hat into the ring. There could be another factor at play here for both the very skewed WI exit polls that showed the results at about a dead heat along with the Obama phenom: Union Thuggery. Who wants to risk getting bricks tossed through their house windows or knee caps broken or sugar in their gas tanks, etc. for giving the "wrong" answer upon exiting the polling place? This fear would exist for both non-union and rank and file union members alike. The right answers, however, would likely let people off the hook.

Boxcar

bigmack
06-06-2012, 08:47 PM
I wonder if Chrissie's leg is tingling yet? :lol:
They showed a photo of Knucklehead Ed on The 5 tonight....what a tool! :lol: I bet he can't poop for 6 months he is so tight!
His panel of big brained political commentators today include Abby Huntsman, fetching daughter of that guy that worked in China. And Krystal Ball. She is leading the effort to have Rush taken off the air. That's off the air. :D

Here she is now with her foot on the table. Probably a 'double-dipper' as well.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bstXBEDnG9w/TK467DKS_xI/AAAAAAAADqU/nsS8d08ONbM/s1600/Krystal+Ball+1.jpg

Tom
06-06-2012, 08:50 PM
The Exit Polls were worthless.
Serious question - why would you answer any poll question truthfully?
I always like Hell - what's in it for me to be bothered?

The only poll that counted put Walker back in power and really fired up the Tea Party/Conservative base.

It exposed the left for what it is - our enemy. Forget this working together nonsense and focus on our real goal - crush these pansies into oblivion and get to work undoing all of the Bozo N Chief's attacks on our country.

Tom
06-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Here she is now with her foot on the table. Probably a 'double-dipper' as well.

Guess there is an upside to abortion after all.

JustRalph
06-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Hang Dog faces

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Hang Dog faces

Slick is the only one with a smile in that pic, JR....And he declared Romney "qualified" to be preznit this weekend. Something he never declared Obama before the 2008 convention

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Greta is lighting up Chaffetz over Fast and Furious, first half of program. Keep the pressure on, girl.

JustRalph
06-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Duplicity!! Reigns!!

kS0Dqz2P1sk

Knuckle Up!!

boxcar
06-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Yeah, you have love it. The Before and After.

I think most libs look at themselves in the mirror in the morning and wish to themselves that before day's end they get to meet the real Me for once! :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

mostpost
06-06-2012, 11:15 PM
I was ready to let it die, but since you brought it up, mosty, those ARE menial jobs that can (and are) be performed by unskilled workers..... But back to your comment "still thinks that Post Office salaries are paid from taxes."

The Postal service has lost BILLIONS recently, per quarter. BILLIONS. Your union may not be the only reason for the failure of this organization, it certainly IS one of the problems and has to be addressed.

From wiki, one of your favorite links, re: funding of the USPS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Postal_Service

it does receive tens to hundreds of millions per year in "implicit subsidies", such as breaks on property tax, vehicle registration, and sales tax, in addition to subsidized government loans.[6] Since the 2006 all-time peak mail volume [7], after which Congress passed the "Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act"[8], revenue dropped sharply due to recession-influenced [9] declining mail volume,[10], prompting the postal service to look to other sources of revenue while cutting costs to reduce its budget deficit.[11]

Tax breaks...subsidized government loans (meaning someone other than the USPS pays the interest)...You're reaching into my pocket now. I have a voice among others & it's being heard at the polls. You heard it last night.

Which is it? Tens of Millions or hundreds of millions? there is a awful big range there. The reason the Post Office does not pay property taxes to local and state governments is because of a little thing called McCullough v Maryland in which Maryland attempted to tax currency issued by the Second Bank of the United States. The court ruled that Maryland had no power to tax an agency of the United States government. In his ruling Mr. Justice Marshall famously wrote, " the power to tax is the power to control."

The same applies to vehicle registration. Vehicle registration is a tax. States and municipalities can not tax entities of the federal government. The same goes for the sales tax, and as a non profit the PO would not have to pay sales tax anyway.

All of which ignores the fact that none of this is taxpayer dollars going to the Post Office. The Post Office does not pay property taxes, vehicle registration and sales tax. Therefore your tax dollars are not required to pay them.

Don't think I haven't noticed that you have ignored my question as to what you do. You are one of those people who builds himself up by tearing others down. Prove to us that you really are this important driven world beater you claim to be. Make something up. :rolleyes:

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 11:29 PM
This will be the 3rd time I've told you what I do for a living. I'm a Contract Buyer. I negotiate contracts for services and materials for a corporation that has plants located on every continent. Everything from Electricity contracts, to new building construction projects, to piece part and sub assembly commodities management in the aerospace industry.

Hopefully this time it'll stick with you. Having to explain things to you multiple times gets boring.

btw, you stated you were a Purchasing Expeditor.... That was an entry level position in Procurement, a minimum wage position that required no skill other than picking up a phone while looking at a shortage list.... We did away with that position many years ago b/c of advances in IT systems tools for Procurement.....sounded like a good fit for you

boxcar
06-06-2012, 11:31 PM
You might want to keep Marshall's words in mind, Mosty, every time you champion the feds to raise taxes. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

bigmack
06-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Why don't you two take your postal shite in another thread.

This shit is too much fun.

Drink-in Eduardo gettin' all incredulous to learn 38% of union households voted WalkErrrr. :lol:

UEYPfzTZLgs

newtothegame
06-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Box, I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I read mosty's post. He uses those words not even realizing that those SAME words are what we are fighting against as well. He doesn't see the taxing as a power grab by his party. He only sees it when its advantageous to his cause. Amazing how that works!
I love that line...thanks mosty.

".... In his ruling Mr. Justice Marshall famously wrote, " the power to tax is the power to control."

":lol:

ElKabong
06-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Which is it? Tens of Millions or hundreds of millions? there is a awful big range there. The reason the Post Office does not pay property taxes to local and state governments is because of a little thing called McCullough v Maryland in which Maryland attempted to tax currency issued by the Second Bank of the United States. The court ruled that Maryland had no power to tax an agency of the United States government. In his ruling Mr. Justice Marshall famously wrote, " the power to tax is the power to control."

The same applies to vehicle registration. Vehicle registration is a tax. States and municipalities can not tax entities of the federal government. The same goes for the sales tax, and as a non profit the PO would not have to pay sales tax anyway.

All of which ignores the fact that none of this is taxpayer dollars going to the Post Office. The Post Office does not pay property taxes, vehicle registration and sales tax. Therefore your tax dollars are not required to pay them.

Don't think I haven't noticed that you have ignored my question as to what you do. You are one of those people who builds himself up by tearing others down. Prove to us that you really are this important driven world beater you claim to be. Make something up. :rolleyes:

You are quite long winded, but as I posted and BadCompany has pointed out, the USPS is in taxpayers pockets. One instance I put up was "subsidized government loans". That means someone else is paying interest on the loan.

Cut the pay for these USPS "union" jobs. Do it now.

Watch the video.....NO BAILOUT by taxpayers to you or your union retirees!!!!

http://postal.oversight.house.gov/

ElKabong
06-07-2012, 12:15 AM
Why don't you two take your postal shite in another thread.

This shit is too much fun.

Drink-in Eduardo gettin' all incredulous to learn 38% of union households voted WalkErrrr. :lol:

UEYPfzTZLgs

Wwatching this again, it was fun as hell. Here's a guy that does his level best to stir hatred for the other side, and now he cannot figure out why people voted the way they did.

Look, people don't buy into public union abuse, Ed....It's that simple. Don't try to complicate the subject.

bigmack
06-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Look, people don't buy into public union abuse, Ed....It's that simple. Don't try to complicate the subject.
Whoa. Heavy blow. 38% of union HH's voted Walker!

How are Ed, mostly & NJ saying this is a war on unions when almost 40% of 'em went with someone those three consider to be a modern day Attila the Hun?

I do believe what we got here is ANOTHER PHONY WAR. Yep. That's it alrighty.

Didn't need a recall. Just a bunch of whiners who made a scene.

You want to recall someone, do it like we did to Gumby. (Gray Davis)

'Member that story? A beaut'. Dig what he tried to do to save his ass in the last few months. Can you say PANDER?

Davis's second term, which lasted only ten months, was dominated by the recall election. Davis signed into law several controversial measures during the closing weeks of the recall campaign, including one granting drivers' licenses to undocumented immigrants.

Davis also signed legislation requiring employers to pay for medical insurance for workers and legislation granting domestic partners many of the same rights as married people. He vetoed legislation that would have given undocumented immigrants free tuition for community college. Many of Davis's opponents were furious over the signings of these measures so late in his administration. Some political observers see these efforts as an attempt to reinforce support from Hispanics, labor union members, and liberal Democrats.

Ultimately, Davis did not have as much support from Hispanics and union members in the recall election as he did in his 2002 re-election

mostpost
06-07-2012, 02:18 AM
This will be the 3rd time I've told you what I do for a living. I'm a Contract Buyer. I negotiate contracts for services and materials for a corporation that has plants located on every continent. Everything from Electricity contracts, to new building construction projects, to piece part and sub assembly commodities management in the aerospace industry.

Hopefully this time it'll stick with you. Having to explain things to you multiple times gets boring.

btw, you stated you were a Purchasing Expeditor.... That was an entry level position in Procurement, a minimum wage position that required no skill other than picking up a phone while looking at a shortage list.... We did away with that position many years ago b/c of advances in IT systems tools for Procurement.....sounded like a good fit for you

I will probably forget it this time too. You really are not that important to me. You're a buyer or some would call it a purchasing agent. You are just a more advanced version of what I was when I was 25. Nevertheless you maintain an arrogance and air of superiority that is both appalling and undeserved.

ArlJim78
06-07-2012, 07:33 AM
the protestors (hippies) were still out there the day after. feeling sad and for the life of me I have no idea what they're protesting about. they don't like Walker that's clear, but what exactly has Walker done that effected these people?
they try to harrass the CNN bus driver, hilarious. why are you leaving "the recall is over" he says. they don't seem to grasp that point.

Ro6Qfm1ySKQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro6Qfm1ySKQ&feature=player_embedded

wisconsin
06-07-2012, 09:59 AM
the protestors (hippies) were still out there the day after. feeling sad and for the life of me I have no idea what they're protesting about. they don't like Walker that's clear, but what exactly has Walker done that effected these people?
they try to harrass the CNN bus driver, hilarious. why are you leaving "the recall is over" he says. they don't seem to grasp that point.

Yesterday in Milwaukee a peaceful protest of 100+ became an out of hand march that took over downtown streets. 4 people arrested. These people need therapy.

JustRalph
06-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Great video of losers who don't know what to do next. :lol:

Put down your guitars and get back to work. And stop paying Union dues to corrupt unions.

HUSKER55
06-07-2012, 02:18 PM
According to Big Ed 38% already have. We should find away to post their names to the union members like they did to the citizens.

from the dark side to the light side of the force!:D

you just can't make this stuff up!

JustRalph
06-07-2012, 02:53 PM
http://www.mrctv.org/videos/jon-stewart-slams-msnbcs-coverage-walker-recall-election-msnb-sad

ElKabong
06-07-2012, 08:09 PM
You are just a more advanced version of what I was when I was 25. .

Actually, when I was 25 I had more advanced positions behind me, than you had posted for your entire career.

I was ready to let it go until you brought it back up. As Dr Evil told his kid, "every time you open your mouth, I have a bag of SHHHH waiting for you"...

ElKabong
06-07-2012, 08:12 PM

Ro6Qfm1ySKQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro6Qfm1ySKQ&feature=player_embedded

Good Lord, what a ROOT.

JustRalph
06-07-2012, 10:40 PM
She looks like Pippy Longstocking's pissed off sister!

HUSKER55
06-08-2012, 05:32 AM
she is probably worried about quality control at the trojan factory!

think about it.

fast4522
06-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Now to the results in Wisconsin. If you think I am bitter, I am. There is another thread in this forum that talks about the evolution from unfettered capitalism to corporatism to fascism. I am convinced that we are headed that way. That may not be the intention of the people who are voting against unions and for corporations. It may not even be the intention of the politicians who are taking corporate money for their campaigns and supporting laws favored by those corporations.

I'm not talking about small businesses or even medium sized corporations. I'm talking about the big, multinational corporations and financial institutions. The ones that have no loyalty to this country, but only to the bottom line. These entities are gaining ever increasing power and anyone who can not see this is a fool. There will come a time when you will all say, "My God, what have I done?" And it will be too late.

I am astounded by how many people vote against their own interest. I am amazed by the people on this forum who argue against policies that would benefit them. Strong unions meant more safety, better working conditions and higher salaries. Weaker unions mean rollbacks in wages and benefits. Private companies running healthcare as a virtual monopoly means runaway costs. Healthcare reform would slow down those costs-or stop them. Low taxes mean reduced revenues and increasing debt. Higher taxes mean you can pay for needed services and lower the debt.

To expense anything to the middle class is as ridiculous as most of your posts are. Absolutely nothing you say ever has a impact on multinational corporations but on those of us in the middle class who have to pay for it.

The multinational corporations are owned by institutional investors who are comprised basically but not limited to the Bilderburg Group. No restrictions imposed against these multinational corporations means they continue to line the pockets of the The Congress and are among this administration's A list backing Obama. Without the middle class as your cash cow, you have nothing. The Bilderburg Group would leave you for dead, and should all thinking American's with a brain.

so.cal.fan
06-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Most Host comments to El Kabong:
"I will probably forget it this time too. You really are not that important to me. You're a buyer or some would call it a purchasing agent. You are just a more advanced version of what I was when I was 25. Nevertheless you maintain an arrogance and air of superiority that is both appalling and undeserved".

I'm stunned this Most Host man would say such a thing to a man like El Kabong.
I have known this man personally for many years. If I have a handicapping question, I ask him.
If I have a question about the world economy, I ask him.
If I have a question about the health of my dog, I ask him.
Next to my son and my husband, John, I trust this man's integrity, and intellegence and knowledge.
Most Host is totally off the wall here, and I no longer have any respect for any of his opinions.

mostpost
06-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Most Host comments to El Kabong:
"I will probably forget it this time too. You really are not that important to me. You're a buyer or some would call it a purchasing agent. You are just a more advanced version of what I was when I was 25. Nevertheless you maintain an arrogance and air of superiority that is both appalling and undeserved".

I'm stunned this Most Host man would say such a thing to a man like El Kabong.
I have known this man personally for many years. If I have a handicapping question, I ask him.
For such a handicapping genius, I see very few posts by him in the racing or handicapping sections. I don't remember him ever posting a selection on a big race.

If I have a question about the world economy, I ask him.
And I am sure he gives you answers that satisfy you, because if you are anything like Elkabong your idea of a strong world economy is you making more and more money and the hell with everyone else.

If I have a question about the health of my dog, I ask him.
May your dog live a long and healthy life.
Next to my son and my husband, John, I trust this man's integrity, and intellegence and knowledge.
This "Man of Integrity" has done nothing but belittle my chosen career, not just once but constantly. He clearly looks down at those he considers beneath him. He can hardly post a reply to me without pointing out that I worked for the Post Office.
Most Host is totally off the wall here, and I no longer have any respect for any of his opinions.

OOOH! You no longer have any respect for my opinions. OOOH! Thank you for validating them. And may I point out how very clever it was for you to use Most Host instead of mostpost. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Next time you want to challenge something I post, reply to me directly, not in the third person.

GaryG
06-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Most Host was a hell of a horse who once beat Damascus in the Strub. Diane, I take this opportunity to send along my best regards to my former neighbor.

so.cal.fan
06-08-2012, 02:31 PM
What does "mostpost" mean? Most posts on message boards or does it have something to do with the post office? Are you a government worker for the US post office, mostpost? That's an honorable position, however, it explains your political views.

mostpost
06-08-2012, 02:50 PM
What does "mostpost" mean? Most posts on message boards or does it have something to do with the post office? Are you a government worker for the US post office, mostpost? That's an honorable position, however, it explains your political views.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94728

If I recall you responded on that thread. Mine is the first explanation.
I'm happy you think mine is an honorable position (unlike your friend), but that does not explain my political views. I was 36 when I started there and I have had these views as long as I can remember.

ETA: Was a government worker. Retired over six years now.

Tom
06-08-2012, 03:15 PM
You are just a more advanced version of what I was

Typical union BS.....no even close.
But then, par for the course.

JustRalph
06-08-2012, 05:24 PM
"You are just a more advanced version of what I was"

Typical union BS.....no even close.
But then, par for the course.

The key words being "more advanced"

:lol:

ArlJim78
06-08-2012, 09:30 PM
here is another progessive genius supposedly from Wisconsin, talking about revolution and how the Noodles restaurant he works at is a dictatorship.

DtonKfWw2JY
unreal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DtonKfWw2JY

Tom
06-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Big labor......laboring with intelligence. :lol:

JustRalph
06-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Noodle brained

wisconsin
06-08-2012, 11:03 PM
What an ignorant ass hat. Why doesn't he open his own restaurant since he's so smart. He can call it Noodles and Kumbaya. Dork prods like this just wear my patience thin.

newtothegame
06-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Unions at work....lol:lol:

Montgomery County police union used felons to gather signatures in ballot drive

June 07, 2012 -- 11:00 PM

Thu, 2012-06-07 23:00 Montgomery County's police union used felons, including a fugitive and a man convicted of forgery, to collect signatures for a ballot measure that would kill legislation reducing police collective bargaining rights, court documents show.

The county cites the Fraternal Order of Police's use of felons among reasons why at least 6,700 of the 34,828 signatures validated by the County Board of Elections are insufficient to put the measure, protecting police officers' ability to negotiate any management decision, on the November ballot.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/maryland-news/2012/06/montgomery-county-police-union-used-felons-gather-signatures-ballot

iwearpurple
06-09-2012, 01:03 AM
here is another progessive genius supposedly from Wisconsin, talking about revolution and how the Noodles restaurant he works at is a dictatorship.

DtonKfWw2JY
unreal

His parents must be very proud of him.

mostpost
06-09-2012, 01:42 AM

DtonKfWw2JY
unreal

Hey Noodles Guy. Shut up. You're giving progressives a bad name. :bang:

ElKabong
06-09-2012, 01:44 AM
OOOH! You no longer have any respect for my opinions. OOOH! .

You work at Noodles, you wear stocking caps, and you're about 20 years old, you were interviewed on Youtube and it was put up on this thread above my post..... C'mon, you can come clean. Go on. Say it....It'll be good therapy for you to get it out there :)

(that's a joke, but you won't get it for days)....

As to the inaccurate nonsense you posted below (italicized), so.cal.fan's family is upper middle class / middle class as it gets. Not wealthy, but certainly not poor. Why do you polarize everything in terms of rich and poor?? Do you not allow people to give opinions on the economy and how their tax $$ are spent? Aand if they don't agree with you it's "you rich people - all you care about is making more". Get a grip

Unions DO have a place, I've told you this time and time again. The abuse of public unions, and abuse by corporations for that matter, are of great concern however.

You're simply too sensitive to any criticism of unions as a whole to be able to make any sense when you try to cover the topic. You also misjudge the populace's realization that public union's pay and benefits need to be greatly scaled back. The real world has taken a hit (not corporations fault, don't try to go there. You make no sense trying). Wwe've ALL suffered. The idiots carrying signs on the streets trying to protect their overpaid gigs and overinflated pensions have to come to the realization those days are long gone. It's in the rear view mirror now. Wwe can't afford it anymore

Just got home from Lone Star, sorry you didn't see my picks, lol

And I am sure he gives you answers that satisfy you, because if you are anything like Elkabong your idea of a strong world economy is you making more and more money and the hell with everyone else.

mostpost
06-09-2012, 01:17 PM
You work at Noodles, you wear stocking caps, and you're about 20 years old, you were interviewed on Youtube and it was put up on this thread above my post..... C'mon, you can come clean. Go on. Say it....It'll be good therapy for you to get it out there :)

(that's a joke, but you won't get it for days)....
I have to admit that I see nothing funny here. Maybe it's me,or maybe it just ain't funny.

As to the inaccurate nonsense you posted below (italicized), so.cal.fan's family is upper middle class / middle class as it gets. Not wealthy, but certainly not poor. Why do you polarize everything in terms of rich and poor?? Do you not allow people to give opinions on the economy and how their tax $$ are spent? Aand if they don't agree with you it's "you rich people - all you care about is making more". Get a grip.
I'm willing to admit that perhaps I miscategorized (Apparently that's not a word) you and So.Cal.fan as among the wealthy. Thus, it amazes me even more that you and she so virulently take their side.
In 1980 the average CEO made 42 times what the average worker did. In 2010 that CEO made 343 times what the average worker made. That is an 700% increase. At the same time inflation adjusted median wages for the average worker increased from $44,616 to 49,445 annually. That is an 11% increase.
Yet, somehow, you believe that our current economic malaise is the fault of a union school teacher making too much money. :bang: :bang:
Instead of resenting a CEO making far more than they could possibly contribute, you reserve your disdain for someone who works ten plus hour days at the job and hours off the clock everyday. Instead of looking at someone in the public sector who is making more money than their equivalent in the private sector and saying we should all be making that money, you think we should tear everyone down to the lowest common denominator.
Please explain the rationale behind that thinking.
You accuse me of being envious of CEOs who are making 343 times (or more) what I make. You, on the other hand are envious of school teachers and public sector employees who are probably making less than you make.
Please explain the rationale behind that thinking.

Unions DO have a place, I've told you this time and time again. The abuse of public unions, and abuse by corporations for that matter, are of great concern however.
And just what is that place? Please do not tell me that private industry should have unions but public employees should not. Public employees are just as likely to have management that tries to balance the budget on their backs. Maybe more likely since politicians are scared to death of voters.

You're simply too sensitive to any criticism of unions as a whole to be able to make any sense when you try to cover the topic. You also misjudge the populace's realization that public union's pay and benefits need to be greatly scaled back. The real world has taken a hit (not corporations fault, don't try to go there. You make no sense trying). Wwe've ALL suffered. The idiots carrying signs on the streets trying to protect their overpaid gigs and overinflated pensions have to come to the realization those days are long gone. It's in the rear view mirror now. Wwe can't afford it anymore

Just got home from Lone Star, sorry you didn't see my picks, lol

I am sensitive to criticism of unions when that criticism is based on misinformation and a lack of knowledge. A part of the populace thinks public unions' pay and benefits need to be greatly scaled back. Most of the populace realizes that would be a disaster. If you can't see why, you are hopeless.

I will now ignore your kind warning to not blame the recession on corporations.
The chief cause of the recession was the collapse of the housing bubble. The housing bubble was caused by Wall Street financial corporations building a house of cards on overpriced real estate. These financial corporation issued mortgages to people they knew could not afford them. Then they placed bets that those mortgages would be defaulted. They deliberately structured the mortgages in such a way that the homeowners could not possibly keep up the payments by use of balloon payments and adjustable rates. They even forged and falsified documents.

All of this makes a great deal more sense than you blaming teachers' unions. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

so.cal.fan
06-09-2012, 01:40 PM
mostpost writes:
"it amazes me even more that you and she so virulently take their side".

Most of the people in the country take this side, mostpost. They are fed up with being bullied by public sector unions.

I don't believe the unions caused the economic downturn either.
It was caused by decades of government spending like Keynesian Economics
this was being done all over Europe. It is not a good system, and it's proving itself to be a really unfortunate system.
It has to finally end, mostpost, I wish we had not done all these quantitative easing, because we have just kicked the can down the road.
Had we let the mismanaged companies and banks fail in 2008, we would have been in recovery by now.

I'm just an retired person who follows horse races, but I read a lot and listen to economic experts who have been 90% correct since 2008.
These experts are neither Republican or Democrats, they just put 2 and 2 together and come up with 4.

El Kabong is a business man. He is involved with a very large global company. He is not an accountant or an actuary scientist but he does follow the money very closely, worldwide. He has a very accurate opinion, and by the way, he is one of the smartest and successful handicappers I know, and I know a few. I've been going to the southern Cal. tracks for nearly 50 years.
I respect his opinion and other men I know who are expert handicappers.
I am of the belief that handicappers are some of the smartest people around.
That's why I read this board. Some interesting stuff here. :)

ElKabong
06-09-2012, 02:02 PM
You accuse me of being envious of CEOs who are making 343 times (or more) what I make. You, on the other hand are envious of school teachers and public sector employees who are probably making less than you make.:

I'm not envious of these people. I'm simply taking the responsible & common sense action of voting in Pols that will ensure these public unions no longer take advantage of taxpayers. If I have to pay for someone who is 55yo and retired & dragging overinflated pension and benefit packages, you are damn right I'll act at the voting booth. I'll vote someone who will act on a promise to cut costs.

You don't like a CEO, mosty? Then don't buy the product his / her corp sells (which is what I do)....Take things into your own hands, and act upon your belief. That's what happened at the polls in Wisconsin and 2 Calif cities this past week.

As for "teachers" that you mentioned, two couples that live on my block are teachers (both husbands and wives). Every Saturday morning I join them in the backyard of one of them -a neighborhood gathering of sorts, esp in the fall. I consider them friends, we talk of this topic often, never a negative word to each other. Aand, you'd be surprised how much THEY want the system changed too.

You're the outlier here. You're trying to hang onto a world that existed in the 1960s, but the world has changed & a lot of people have had to adjust to a more competitive business climate....for a lot of reasons, not solely b/c CEO's are staying up until 3am figuring ways how to screw you

mostpost
06-09-2012, 02:03 PM
I realize I forgot to post a source for the median income figures I posted in 126.
http://www.davemanuel.com/median-household-income.php
You should also take note that median income has gone down. $3897.00 since 1999.

fast4522
06-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Same site 5 minutes ago.

ElKabong
06-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Fast,

a local radio show here (570am from 8am to 1pm saturdays) is hosted by a liberal (good guy overall), had a lib economist as a guest. Your post above is what they hit on....the theme for the 2 segments of the guest, they roasted Obama of totally ignoring the biggest problems & focusing on ACA which may be struck down this month

The (lib) economist said we'll look back at the first 2 yrs of Obama's as the biggest fiscal mismanagement in the history of the white house. A chance to make meaningful cuts & balance the budget, lost. A chance to reach across the aisle for compromises, lost.

The 30-40 minutes around 11:30 were great listening...What ACA means to the economy, how it won't work. Overall bad idea.

That # in your post keeps growing. On Obama's watch. Pity.

Tom
06-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by mostpost
You accuse me of being envious of CEOs who are making 343 times (or more) what I make. You, on the other hand are envious of school teachers and public sector employees who are probably making less than you make.:

You do understand that we pay the salaries of public sectors slugs, don't you?
With CEO's, we don't pay their unless we decide to purchase their goods or services. We have choices, but not with the over-paid, under-performing union boys.

wisconsin
06-09-2012, 03:42 PM
CEO's also have 343 times the responsibility that the average Joe has.

I'm sure Mostie turned down many raises in his day. :rolleyes:

mostpost
06-09-2012, 04:05 PM
You do understand that we pay the salaries of public sectors slugs, don't you?
With CEO's, we don't pay their unless we decide to purchase their goods or services. We have choices, but not with the over-paid, under-performing union boys.

We pay their salaries because they work for us. You may not want to be part of that us, but you are. It is pointless to argue with you whether they are over paid.

Tom
06-09-2012, 04:09 PM
A damn many of work for themselves only, and you know that.
No way in Hell ANY public employee should be allowed to join a union.

JustRalph
06-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Most CEO's are successful. Most teachers are not. They don't deserve what they are getting because they are part of a conspiracy with the Unions.

I didn't use to feel this way. But having seen the Unions actions over the last ten years or so, Changed my mind.

20k a year per kid in DC. some terrible test scores. And they still make demands and you can't fire a teacher. Sorry, game over.

mostpost
06-09-2012, 04:21 PM
CEO's also have 343 times the responsibility that the average Joe has.

I'm sure Mostie turned down many raises in his day. :rolleyes:

You're first statement can be neither proven nor disproven. Your second statement is definitely wrong, but I think you knew that.

GaryG
06-09-2012, 04:33 PM
What are the requirements to be hired as a mailman, a GED test and no recent felonies? That Noodles guy could probably qualify.

mostpost
06-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Most CEO's are successful. Most teachers are not. They don't deserve what they are getting because they are part of a conspiracy with the Unions.

I didn't use to feel this way. But having seen the Unions actions over the last ten years or so, Changed my mind.

20k a year per kid in DC. some terrible test scores. And they still make demands and you can't fire a teacher. Sorry, game over.

That is all crap. There are thousands of schools outside of DC and hundreds of thousands of very successful teachers. Dedicated teachers who work long hours outside of school hours to educate their students. And they do it because they believe in what they are doing. Unlike most CEO's who are hired guns with no loyalty to anyone or anything.

Schools in Urban areas can be highly rated scholastically. Whitney Young in Chicago is one of the top rated schools in Illinois. Urban Prep, also in Chicago sends 100% of its graduates to college year after year.

There are other ways of defining success than how much money you make. In fact that is the worst way.

mostpost
06-09-2012, 04:39 PM
What are the requirements to be hired as a mailman, a GED test and no recent felonies? That Noodles guy could probably qualify.

What are the requirements to be an asshole?

fast4522
06-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Me thinks ya qualify. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Point is that you lost big time last out!

wisconsin
06-09-2012, 04:54 PM
You're first statement can be neither proven nor disproven. Your second statement is definitely wrong, but I think you knew that.

You are correct in that I cannot prove that. But we'll use a giant corporation you loathe. Wal-Mart.

Employees with very little real responsibility to the store, making $8 per hour, makes $16,640, if he is full time.

Store director managing 200+ employees or more makes about $120,000, including bonuses, per year.

CEO who under him, has thousands of stores and 2 million employees world-wide. It is safe to say that he has 257 times the responsibilty than the store manager and is paid accordingly. If you don't think he really does, you really don't have a grip on anything.

The United Food and Commercial Workers Union tried to battle this success story, only because there is money to be had via union dues.

You continuously bring up CEO wages. Now, let's reduce this to the ridiculous. Suppose the CEO of Wal-Mart accepts a modest Postmaster Genral-like salary of $800,000 including bonuses. That leaves $18 million to be distributed amongst the 2,000,000 workers. Are you sitting down? They would all get a whopping $9 apiece per year. Yeah, that's spreading the wealth in plain jargon even you understand.

ElKabong
06-10-2012, 02:13 AM
Hitler finds out that Scott Walker won the Wisconsin recall election

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC_ult6-Tb4

badcompany
06-10-2012, 10:05 AM
You continuously bring up CEO wages. Now, let's reduce this to the ridiculous. Suppose the CEO of Wal-Mart accepts a modest Postmaster Genral-like salary of $800,000 including bonuses. That leaves $18 million to be distributed amongst the 2,000,000 workers. Are you sitting down? They would all get a whopping $9 apiece per year. Yeah, that's spreading the wealth in plain jargon even you understand.

Marxists have been predicting the end of capitalism for over a hundred years. Meanwhile, despite the efforts of Marxists to kneecap the free market at every turn, the standard of living for the average man has continuously increased. Today, every slug on the bus has access to goods and services that weren't available to even the elites just a few short years ago.

Of course, the left doesn't have the emotional maturity to admit to the successes of Capitalism. So, they have to point to things like income inequality and living wage while ignoring and rationalizing the dismal failures of their own economic system.

These are truly sick people.

Tom
06-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Liberalism is a form of mental illness.

rastajenk
06-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Unfortunately, it's contagious.

BlueShoe
06-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Unfortunately, it's contagious.
Very much so, it now infects an estimated one out of every five American adults. Even more tragic is that this aberration has such a detrimental effect on the other four fifths of the population that have an immunity to it but still cannot totally escape it's ravages.

Mike at A+
06-10-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't really give a rat's ass what anyone in the private sector makes. As for the public sector, I pay their salaries out of my taxes.

delayjf
06-12-2012, 09:37 AM

You can fire a teacher in CA, but they have (I think) a 72 hour period to submit their resignation and save their pensions and healthcare - EVEN IF THEY ARE FIRED FOR MOLESTING A STUDENT.

HUSKER55
06-12-2012, 09:56 AM
a friend of mine once said that the definition of a virgin in california is any child under the age of 3 and that was up for debate.

used to laugh at that. but if this is true then it appears the joke is on me.

Valuist
06-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Hitler finds out that Scott Walker won the Wisconsin recall election

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC_ult6-Tb4

It's a good one. "Only one place to go: Sacramento. Its the last bastion of imbeciles." LOL

so.cal.fan
06-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Marxism or "social justice" as the left likes to call it is INSANITY.
It's been tried and has failed all over the world, causing the death, murder or starvation of millions! In yet, the left persists in trying to make this insane system work????
:bang:

badcompany
06-12-2012, 04:53 PM
That is all crap. There are thousands of schools outside of DC and hundreds of thousands of very successful teachers. Dedicated teachers who work long hours outside of school hours to educate their students. And they do it because they believe in what they are doing. Unlike most CEO's who are hired guns with no loyalty to anyone or anything.

Schools in Urban areas can be highly rated scholastically. Whitney Young in Chicago is one of the top rated schools in Illinois. Urban Prep, also in Chicago sends 100% of its graduates to college year after year.

There are other ways of defining success than how much money you make. In fact that is the worst way.

You know about the one school that has a 100% grad rate, but, you don't know that the overall grad rate is 60%? Then again, maybe you did know and are once again cherry picking stats to paint a false picture.

Which one is it?

http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/splash/13062350-418/rahm-emanuel-celebrates-a-record-graduation-rate.html

Rahm Emanuel celebrates a record graduation rate
By RAHM EMANUEL Daily Splash columnist June 10, 2012 9:20PM

It was commencement weekend in Chicago and this year we have a lot to celebrate. For the first time on record, Chicago Public Schools have achieved higher than a 60 percent graduation rate. :lol: A higher percentage of those graduates are enrolling in college next year than in any year since CPS started keeping records. I had the honor of speaking to the Class of 2012 at Morgan Park High School where 80 percent of seniors are graduating, as well as at Golder College Prep where 100 percent of seniors are graduating.

mostpost
06-12-2012, 07:38 PM
You know about the one school that has a 100% grad rate, but, you don't know that the overall grad rate is 60%? Then again, maybe you did know and are once again cherry picking stats to paint a false picture.

Which one is it?

http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/splash/13062350-418/rahm-emanuel-celebrates-a-record-graduation-rate.html

Rahm Emanuel celebrates a record graduation rate
By RAHM EMANUEL Daily Splash columnist June 10, 2012 9:20PM

It was commencement weekend in Chicago and this year we have a lot to celebrate. For the first time on record, Chicago Public Schools have achieved higher than a 60 percent graduation rate. :lol: A higher percentage of those graduates are enrolling in college next year than in any year since CPS started keeping records. I had the honor of speaking to the Class of 2012 at Morgan Park High School where 80 percent of seniors are graduating, as well as at Golder College Prep where 100 percent of seniors are graduating.

Once again you don't read to well. I said sends 100% of its graduates to college. Now, while 60% graduation rate is nothing to brag about, it is the best rate in Chicago Public School history, so progress is being made. Whatt would the graduation rate be at your wonderful private schools if they were required to take every student regardless of ability> What would it be if money to run the schools were constantly being taken away from them by people who were obsessed with seeing their destruction?

mostpost
06-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Marxism or "social justice" as the left likes to call it is INSANITY.
It's been tried and has failed all over the world, causing the death, murder or starvation of millions! In yet, the left persists in trying to make this insane system work????
:bang:

If social justice is not leaving people to starve than I am all for it. If social justice is educating all our children then I am all for it. If social justice is providing for the negotiation of fair wages then I am all for it. If social justice is providing our elderly (that would be me) with a comfortable retirement then I am all for it. If social justice means healthcare for all at reasonable prices then I am all for it. If achieving these goals means some CEO will have to take home $5M instead of $20M each year, I will shed no tears for him.

If you think all of this is Marxism you are pathetically malinformed.

bigmack
06-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Tough to posture pedantically when you use words that don't exist.

I'd go ahead and roll with misinformed.

Don't go changin', Dunderhead.

mostpost
06-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Tough to posture pedantically when you use words that don't exist.

I'd go ahead and roll with misinformed.

Don't go changin', Dunderhead.
It didn't exist before I used it.

badcompany
06-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Once again you don't read to well. I said sends 100% of its graduates to college. Now, while 60% graduation rate is nothing to brag about, it is the best rate in Chicago Public School history, so progress is being made. Whatt would the graduation rate be at your wonderful private schools if they were required to take every student regardless of ability> What would it be if money to run the schools were constantly being taken away from them by people who were obsessed with seeing their destruction?

You're correct that I'm not fluent in gibberish, which is what you continually spew.

Recalling my high school days, I believe 65% was the passing grade. So, 60% is an "F." However, in the world of big government poor results are rationalized and even commended.

Regarding the schools having to accept everyone regardless of ability, there seems to be a contradiction. On one hand, you believe everyone should have a high paying job; on the other, you don't think a large percentage of the population can even graduate high school. If the latter is the case, you should be thankful and not hateful of the likes of Walmart which provides employment to such people.

newtothegame
06-12-2012, 08:49 PM
You're correct that I'm not fluent in gibberish, which is what you continually spew.

Recalling my high school days, I believe 65% was the passing grade. So, 60% is an "F." However, in the world of big government poor results are rationalized and even commended.

Regarding the schools having to accept everyone regardless of ability, there seems to be a contradiction. On one hand, you believe everyone should have a high paying job; on the other, you don't think a large percentage of the population can even graduate high school. If the latter is the case, you should be thankful and not hateful of the likes of Walmart which provides employment to such people.
sadly bad, not even this great post, showing a HUGE contradiction will show Mosty anything. Good post none the less! :ThmbUp:

Tom
06-12-2012, 09:46 PM
When some people "be all they can be" we are talking Walmart.

HUSKER55
06-12-2012, 10:38 PM
OR CANNON FODDER

ElKabong
06-13-2012, 12:50 AM
If social justice is not leaving people to starve than I am all for it. If social justice is educating all our children then I am all for it. If social justice is providing for the negotiation of fair wages then I am all for it. If social justice is providing our elderly (that would be me) with a comfortable retirement then I am all for it. If social justice means healthcare for all at reasonable prices then I am all for it. If achieving these goals means some CEO will have to take home $5M instead of $20M each year, I will shed no tears for him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: he thinks a pay cut by CEO's will accomplish this!

Bazillions of $$ funded social programs since 1964, and we are where we are. Only a SAP would believe more "taxing" could cure all ills.

Practically everything you posted, is being done by families & friends, rich and poor. In the end, that's only way to have "prosperity for all". You cannot tax your way into it.

I know you don't agree. I can live with that. But what you're asking for has been a huge failure for almost 50 yrs & getting worse.

boxcar
06-13-2012, 11:11 AM

What if we call your delusions Utopianism where everyone pays their "fair share" and everyone receives their "fair share"? Utopianism? Marxism? All the same fantasy.

Boxcar

wisconsin
06-13-2012, 02:10 PM

I thought I clearly spelled out what Wal-Mart could do for it's employees using the $18 million example. Maybe you missed it. They would all get $9 per year. :rolleyes:

mostpost
06-13-2012, 02:42 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: he thinks a pay cut by CEO's will accomplish this!

Bazillions of $$ funded social programs since 1964, and we are where we are. Only a SAP would believe more "taxing" could cure all ills.

Practically everything you posted, is being done by families & friends, rich and poor. In the end, that's only way to have "prosperity for all". You cannot tax your way into it.

I know you don't agree. I can live with that. But what you're asking for has been a huge failure for almost 50 yrs & getting worse.
Nothing could be further from the truth. Social Security has provided retirement benefits for tens of millions-no hundreds of millions of people- since its inception. And none of it is charity. Medicare allows people to live longer, more productive lives by helping them afford medicines and medical procedures. Something they were not able to do previously.

If there are problems with these programs, they do not lie in them not doing what they were intended to do. They have been quite successful at that. The problems lie in the funding of these programs. That is a problem that cannot be easily corrected, because it has been growing for decades.

Had we continued a reasonable tax policy after 1980, revenues would have been high enough to support Social Security and Medicare, to fund our schools, to pay our police and firefighters. Had unions stayed strong we would have paid our workers more, we would have collected more in taxes, and we would not be in the condition we are now in.

As to your statement that families, rich and poor should be doing all of this, rich families may be able to pay for major surgery or plan for retirement, poor families and even middle class families do not have the resources to do so.

GaryG
06-13-2012, 02:51 PM
The Utopian Socialists of the 19th century, such as Robert Owen, the benevolent Mr. Owen of New Lanark, required that everyone work and contribute his fair share. Due to human nature being what it is, they were all abject failures. In the name of social justice this administration would like something similar except where some work and the others get a free ride via welfare. Another trillion or so down the rathole and added to what we owe the Chinese commies.

HUSKER55
06-13-2012, 02:53 PM
there is a lot of graft and fraud in the system. too many people in government and too many people getting benefits that didn't pay into it. Bill cosby gave a speech about that one time here in milwaukee.

until those feelings subside I don't see any change in attitudes.

ArlJim78
06-19-2012, 10:49 PM
She looks like Pippy Longstocking's pissed off sister!

they're calling her "Pippy Bongstocking", and they've released the full interview with her. enjoy.

yJwIAlx5R0s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJwIAlx5R0s&feature=youtu.be

ElKabong
06-20-2012, 12:47 AM
they're calling her "Pippy Bongstocking", and they've released the full interview with her. enjoy.

yJwIAlx5R0s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJwIAlx5R0s&feature=youtu.be

Pippi apparently hasn't grown up. Much like Hcap / avatar. Great representation of the left wing of America, tho.

Great 7 & half minute interview! :)

bigmack
06-20-2012, 01:00 AM
I remember the days when I chose to endure a nut like that just to "close the sale." No shortage of whacked out lib chicks over the years that I've had to pretend to be a recyclin' fool, green, man is evil/nature rules, suck-up.

Pensively, I hang my head in shame. :p

wisconsin
06-20-2012, 10:03 AM
The chick goes by the name "Thistle". She has a blog. She lived in a car for 5 months with her dink boyfriend. Someone you can take seriously :lol:

lsbets
06-20-2012, 01:46 PM
She's right about one thing. She looks haggard. And that's before she opens her mouth. Then she speaks, and she is one very ugly person, from the inside out.

johnhannibalsmith
06-20-2012, 07:23 PM
"It's frustrating to be an anarchist in America."

:lol: :lol:

Lee Greenwood here I come.

JustRalph
01-18-2013, 06:36 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/federal-court-of-appeals-upholds-walkers-act-10-union-law-ur8eg0e-187488851.html?