PDA

View Full Version : RaysRobot Early version Spreadsheet

Ray2000
06-05-2012, 06:41 AM
CHeCKEyE

In a previous thread you asked.. "I'd love to know how RAY gets all his picks from the 'robot' "

If you are familiar with Spreadsheets, I have an early (2008) version of RaysRobot at:

http://members.localnet.com/~emschell/

The file name is SulkyPickerSS.zip , you'll need to extract it. I have it loaded with today's contest track at The Meadows.

I no longer use it (takes forever to load a program) but it might give you some idea
of the method used to rate the horses. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

had wrong file at that location for the first few minutes, OK now

CHeCK EyE
06-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Awesome Ray, thanks a lot. As soon as I get the chance I'll definitely be taking the time to look through the sheet. I see you post picks all the time and obviously you can't win em all but they are often good good priced horses which is key. My father always says if you can find a price and hit, you can go oon a cold streak and still be okay. Looking forward to looking into this, thanks again!

P.S. I'm sure I'll be back with questions, haha

Ray2000
06-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Just knew this was going to happen..... :)

Picks on that downloadable Spreadsheet

Robot the First .....at the Meadows 8 Winners $51.20 1st place
Robot the Tenth.. ..at the Meadows 3 Winners $12.20 :bang:

Is this a crazy game or what?

LottaKash
06-05-2012, 06:29 PM

Ray, is the latest "robot" iteration a girl or a boy ?....:eek:

best,

Ray2000
06-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Acts like a woman.....A Tease... :D

precisionk
06-05-2012, 06:46 PM

You're using the wrong robot for the contest!

Ray2000
06-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Congrats on winning the day, :ThmbUp: pk.. good warm up for Running Aces.

Bobby Z a close 2nd, ....bots did not fare well this Tuesday

Doing it in my head...might have that reversed...

LottaKash
06-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Acts like a woman.....A Tease... :D

But is it or isn't it ?.....A transexual robot ?....

Maybe "it" has "too much info"...?

best,

Ray2000
06-05-2012, 08:30 PM
But is it or isn't it ?.....A transexual robot ?....

Maybe "it" has "too much info"...?

best,

Actually I don't know, this is a new model but if it keeps giving me promises of delight and doesn't put out, then I'll name it after my Ex. :D

Right now I have it (her?) watching the tote. Here's last nights data from Mohawk Race 7 Exacta watch.

Mohawk Race 7 Exacta Pool

Time...........Pool$..MTP showing

9:21:18 PM. 7057 1 MTP
9:22:13 PM 10786 0 MTP
9:22:47 PM 13711 0 MTP
9:23:17 PM 17396 0 MTP
9:24:07 PM 21910 0 MTP
9:25:01 PM 24823 0 MTP
9:25:47 PM 33955 0 MTP
9:26:36 PM off

A Conditional bet made at 1st flip to '0 MTP' is only based on 32% of final pool amount. Absolutely useless.

The picture below shows % change in Exacta probable payoffs in last 30 secs.
The far most right column is an ave, #7 horse getting hit.

Don't know what I'm going to do with this...just looking for patterns.

LottaKash
06-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Actually I don't know, this is a new model but if it keeps giving me promises of delight and doesn't put out, then I'll name it after my Ex. :D

Don't know what I'm going to do with this...just looking for patterns.

Where does she live....(your ex) in TEXAS ?....

Ray, ya gotta love the patterns....Just don't go nutz watchin-em...:D

best,

precisionk
06-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Congrats on winning the day, :ThmbUp: pk.. good warm up for Running Aces.

Bobby Z a close 2nd, ....bots did not fare well this Tuesday

Doing it in my head...might have that reversed...

Thanks, definite good warmup to tomorrow's card at Running Aces. Every dog as there day and I am sure the robot will have his. Maybe he is like the tin man asking "Oil can?" :D

jimnancy
06-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Ray

I used to watch the exacta board back in the day before the interenet. It would lead you to some nice longshots if you waited. A lot of the time you would see a horse played in the exacta pool and not on the infield board. I played some horse's that I never would of played handicaping and they raced good.

Then the internet came along and change things. As you know the money
comes in so late that it's tough to see anything. You can still watch but you have even more paitence. I'm not to good with that.

I always wanted to have a bot that would watch it but I am not a computer wiz. I would be interested to see how it works out with your bot.

Keep up the good work
Jim

CHeCK EyE
06-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Wow. The amount of information in this spreadsheet is incredible!

Ray2000
06-06-2012, 08:47 AM
jimnancy

The 'good ol days'.. right Jim?
I used to be one of those guys clocking the scoring miles for Race 7 while keeping one eye on tote for Race 4. :) ....Don't see any of that anymore...

My purpose for this Exacta Watch started because I use two ADWs, one with a nice rebate and one with a crappy rewards program. (but I need it for The Meadows, Hoosier and Plainridge). I make all my exacta bets using a batch form and was trying to see if using the conditional tag for Minimum Acceptable Payoff, had enough merit to forgo the rebate. (The good rebate ADW doesn't have Conditional Wagers). Looks like the answer is NO.

checkeye

The driver/trainer info is out of date and someone told me of a sometimes-bug with sheet "Details", forcing Excel to quit but I can't remember if I ever found it or fixed it.

The method used by this early Robot is based on RANK for combining the various factors.. Driver, Trainer, speed trend, post etc and then applying a weighting multipler to set the importance of that factor, then sum the ranks to find the best Pick to Win

A different method would be to express the various factors in terms of a standard unit. I now use time in seconds in my latest version, FT+4thQT as the base, and equate all the other capping factors to this unit. Example, Driver UDR x 5 works for me. I believe a top driver is equivalent to shaving a second of time off a horses mark. Post Position/5 is another example of using a factor in terms of Time units. PP10 needs to be 2 seconds faster to beat PP1. (I know some here are rolling their eyes :rolleyes: at that one)

Both methods then convert the final ratings to an Odds Line using Std Devs. Old Robo uses a lookup table, New Robo uses a formula.
GL