PDA

View Full Version : They're finally starting to get a clue about Stern

Meunuco
06-02-2012, 02:09 PM
The great fixer at it yet again (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-s-problematic-ownership-of-hornets-opens-door-to-rigged-talk-over-draft-lottery-20120531.html)

cj
06-02-2012, 02:14 PM
No matter who won the lottery, there would have been talk of it being rigged.

Meunuco
06-02-2012, 02:19 PM
You think he really got Benson to commit to buying the team AND keeping it in N.O. without some under the table stuff? I admit that I wasn't focusing on this, though I clearly expected a FIX from Stern. But I thought he was going to get the job done for the Nets, as they have the international owner and are moving to the new arena in Brooklyn. The 1st pick for them would've resulted in keeping Williams and getting Howard. Now they not only don't get Howard but lose Williams. Guess New Orleans is more important than Brooklyn (and Europe) in Stern's world.

cj
06-02-2012, 04:09 PM
You think he really got Benson to commit to buying the team AND keeping it in N.O. without some under the table stuff? I admit that I wasn't focusing on this, though I clearly expected a FIX from Stern. But I thought he was going to get the job done for the Nets, as they have the international owner and are moving to the new arena in Brooklyn. The 1st pick for them would've resulted in keeping Williams and getting Howard. Now they not only don't get Howard but lose Williams. Guess New Orleans is more important than Brooklyn (and Europe) in Stern's world.

Benson bought them to keep them in New Orleans, 1st pick or not. He is a New Orleans guy. As I said, no matter what team won a "conspiracy theory" could have been invented.

Zydeco
06-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Benson bought them to keep them in New Orleans, 1st pick or not. He is a New Orleans guy. As I said, no matter what team won a "conspiracy theory" could have been invented.

Except maybe for the Washington Bullets er, Wizards.

Robert Fischer
06-02-2012, 05:39 PM
this is a business

cj
06-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Except maybe for the Washington Bullets er, Wizards.

Right, but didn't they just win it a few years ago when everyone thought John Wall was the second coming?

Zydeco
06-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Right, but didn't they just win it a few years ago when everyone thought John Wall was the second coming?

Talk about luck! But if they had won it this year they would have had to hire Calipari, but he might not have wanted to take the pay cut.

Meunuco
06-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Talk about luck! But if they had won it this year they would have had to hire Calipari, but he might not have wanted to take the pay cut.

Why? His ex-players were willing to take a cut to play in the NBA.:rolleyes:

Zydeco
06-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Why? His ex-players were willing to take a cut to play in the NBA?:rolleyes:

Yes so true. Clicked submit as I thought the same thing. lol

duncan04
06-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Why? His ex-players were willing to take a cut to play in the NBA.:rolleyes:

Lol. He pays them to leave before the NCAA starts sniffing around the program.

Canarsie
06-03-2012, 11:13 AM
The easiest thing to do would be to fix the lottery. The easiest way to get caught would be to do it with someone.

This is pure drivel lots of people were in the room watching the process play out. Benson just bought the team he's not going anywhere for five years minimum. If it was fixed they would have given it to Charlotte just look at the deal the had to make to keep fans.

Charlotte Bobcats sell buy one, get one free season ticket plans

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/nba-team-sells-buy-free-season-ticket-plans-article-1.1088525?localLinksEnabled=false

The investigative side of me always thinks twice when someone with ten posts starts a thread like this.