PDA

View Full Version : Amazing San Antonio ATS stat

Valuist
06-02-2012, 12:41 PM
The Spurs are 35-7-3 against the spread this season (regular and post season) when Ginobili is in the starting lineup.

cj
06-02-2012, 04:57 PM
The Spurs are 35-7-3 against the spread this season (regular and post season) when Ginobili is in the starting lineup.

Do you mean just active? He doesn't start that often.

In any case, they are 1-2 in the playoffs this series ATS with Ginobli.

Valuist
06-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Do you mean just active? He doesn't start that often.

In any case, they are 1-2 in the playoffs this series ATS with Ginobli.

The note was when Ginobili "was in the lineup".

I like the Spurs to cover in game 4. Zig Zag has been spot on in this series; Spurs game 2, Thunder game 3, and again on the Spurs for game 4.

cj
06-03-2012, 01:10 PM
So much for that, now 1-3 ATS with Manu in the line up against the Thunder this year.

cj
06-05-2012, 11:58 AM
1-4.

Valuist
06-05-2012, 12:30 PM
They are 1-4 ATS w/him vs OkC

They still are 34-5 ATS vs the rest of the league. I bet they have the best ATS record in the NBA dating back to 1999.

But they are clearly in trouble now.

cj
06-05-2012, 12:54 PM
They are 1-4 ATS w/him vs OkC

They still are 34-5 ATS vs the rest of the league. I bet they have the best ATS record in the NBA dating back to 1999.

But they are clearly in trouble now.

The Spurs can still win, but I find what has happened so far provides for a great comparison to horse racing.

First, those stats are always backfitted. They are as likely to fail going forward as they are to succeed. Surely the linemakers adjust over time to stats like this just as bettors are trying to take advantage.

Second, the Spurs were like the Midwest shipper to Saratoga that was beating up on horses at PrM and Hoo and ElP. Sure, they can win, but they are overvalued. While the Spurs were beating up on the stinky Jazz and the undermanned and injured Clippers, the Thunder went 8-1 against the winners of the last three NBA titles. The Spurs had the dressed up races with easy trips while the Thunder won under tougher conditions while being tested.

maddog42
06-05-2012, 01:22 PM
After game 3 Okc had played more quarters of good basketball than the Spurs in this series, but they were down 2-1. They had played 3 quarters of mistakeball
and 8 quarters of really good basketball.You are never as good as they say you are when you are winning and never as bad as they say you are when you are losing. This is true of good teams, maybe not bad ones.

Valuist
06-05-2012, 01:38 PM
The Spurs can still win, but I find what has happened so far provides for a great comparison to horse racing.

First, those stats are always backfitted. They are as likely to fail going forward as they are to succeed. Surely the linemakers adjust over time to stats like this just as bettors are trying to take advantage.

Second, the Spurs were like the Midwest shipper to Saratoga that was beating up on horses at PrM and Hoo and ElP. Sure, they can win, but they are overvalued. While the Spurs were beating up on the stinky Jazz and the undermanned and injured Clippers, the Thunder went 8-1 against the winners of the last three NBA titles. The Spurs had the dressed up races with easy trips while the Thunder won under tougher conditions while being tested.

I agree re: the Spurs. They really looked like they were swimming upstream yesterday. They'd dig a hole, come back but every time they'd come back, OkC would have an answer for them.

Having said that, and maybe my regional bias is showing, I disagree with your analogy on Midwest shippers at Sar. I find them rarely getting bet much, with the exception of CD shippers. A horse like Telling can come in and win the Sword Dancer not once but twice, and at big prices both times.

Bettowin
06-05-2012, 01:44 PM
The meaningless 3 pointer at the end of the game that was ruled after the buzzer cost me the 2nd half:( Spurs needed to lose by 2 or less and that shot would have done it. Thought I stole one there but nooooooooooooooo.

Damn Harden.

maddog42
06-05-2012, 02:01 PM
The meaningless 3 pointer at the end of the game that was ruled after the buzzer cost me the 2nd half:( Spurs needed to lose by 2 or less and that shot would have done it. Thought I stole one there but nooooooooooooooo.

Damn Harden.
Tough Beat. I thought it was good.