PDA

View Full Version : "Behind the Silks" Episode 2

Jessica Pacheco
06-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Thank you all so much for the positve feedback on the "Behind the Silks" series.

I'm so glad that you are enjoying it! Here's Episode 2, it just came out today.

"Orland Hills"
In episode 2, join Tim as he heads to the Grand Opening of the new OTB, Sam's in Orland Hills. Learn more as Tim looks back on the month of May - explaining how blinkers helped a rank filly to focus and win, and talking about a spooky incident at the starting gate.

AP link:
http://www.arlingtonpark.com/newsvideosblogs/behind-silks

Direct YouTube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbiBsTYuJrU

Let me know what you think!

Jessica

jdhanover
06-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Both episodes have been excellent!

Some ideas off the top of my head for things to get Tim's perspective on:

- Race strategy / discussion with trainers before the race
- How much/what 'studying' does he do pre-race to know what other horses are in there
- Interaction between jockeys
- Morning works etc...what else besides race riding does a jockey need to do

will post more as I think of things

Beachbabe
06-01-2012, 09:41 PM
I agree with JD on all points.

Jessica Pacheco
06-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Both episodes have been excellent!

Some ideas off the top of my head for things to get Tim's perspective on:

- Race strategy / discussion with trainers before the race
- How much/what 'studying' does he do pre-race to know what other horses are in there
- Interaction between jockeys
- Morning works etc...what else besides race riding does a jockey need to do

will post more as I think of things

Thanks! Great ideas - some of them are already being incorporated into future episodes.

I can let you all in on one big surprise we have coming:

If you watched AP today you may have noticed this, but Tim will be wearing a helmet camera from Equisight in the races to be able to give the fans a true insiders perspective. I'm very excited about this - the Equisight helmet camera will make its debut in Episode 3. Nice, huh?

He also has a flip cam at his disposal and he brought me some GREAT stuff today!

This is getting good.....:)

jdhanover
06-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Sounds awesome!!!!

Striker
06-01-2012, 11:38 PM
If you watched AP today you may have noticed this, but Tim will be wearing a helmet camera from Equisight in the races to be able to give the fans a true insiders perspective. I'm very excited about this - the Equisight helmet camera will make its debut in Episode 3. Nice, huh?

He also has a flip cam at his disposal and he brought me some GREAT stuff today!

This is getting good.....:)
I would definitely tell you to have a episode later on with lots of coverage on June 16th when Peyote Patty runs in the IL bred stakes. From episode 1, Tim made it seem like they have a special relationship and it is obviously a big day for both of them.

Jessica Pacheco
06-02-2012, 03:10 PM
I would definitely tell you to have a episode later on with lots of coverage on June 16th when Peyote Patty runs in the IL bred stakes. From episode 1, Tim made it seem like they have a special relationship and it is obviously a big day for both of them.

Peyote Patty will be a large part of Episode 3 as Tim talks about the upcoming Prairie State Festival. We'll learn from Tim how he felt about her last race from some flip cam footage that he shot himself directly after the race was run.

Told ya, this is getting good! :)

mannyberrios
06-02-2012, 06:32 PM
This is great! Tim is a real cool guy! Thank you Jessica, I hope to see more of this.