PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Pelosi "Knows The Constitution"

tbwinner
06-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Don't usually post here but thought some of you guys would enjoy this:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/pelosi-obamacare-will-be-upheld-6-3-because-i-know-constitution

"“Because I know the Constitution. This bill is ironclad. It is ironclad.”

“Nobody was frivolous with the Constitution and the health of the American people in writing the bill,” she said. “So, that’s where my confidence springs from, the merit of the bill and the nature of the Constitution.”"

ArlJim78
06-01-2012, 01:25 PM
she also said we have to pass it to find out what's in it, she also said that on passage the bill would create 500,000 jobs. I'm not sure who is the most brain addled fool in the democratic party as there are so many top contenders, but she's in the running for the title that's for sure.

Tom
06-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Millions of people out of work and this brain-dead floozy is still employed!

Go figure.

dartman51
06-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Millions of people out of work and this brain-dead floozy is still employed!

Go figure.

Careful....you're giving 'brain dead floozies everywhere' a bad name. :( :ThmbUp:

Tom
06-01-2012, 03:20 PM
I wish to publicly apologize to brain dead floozies everywhere.
I did not mean to insult any of you.

Brain dead floozies have a legitimate place in our society.
Unlike Nancy.

mostpost
06-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Don't usually post here but thought some of you guys would enjoy this:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/pelosi-obamacare-will-be-upheld-6-3-because-i-know-constitution

"“Because I know the Constitution. This bill is ironclad. It is ironclad.”

“Nobody was frivolous with the Constitution and the health of the American people in writing the bill,” she said. “So, that’s where my confidence springs from, the merit of the bill and the nature of the Constitution.”"
The bill may be ironclad, but the ruling is not. Sotomayor, Kagen, Bader Ginsburg, and Breyer will rule for the constitutionality of the bill because they understand the Constitution and previous rulings permit them to do nothing else.
Allitto, Scalia, and Thomas will rule it unconstitutional because the subscribe to a very narrow view of the constitution. That leaves Kennedy and Roberts. Roberts is quite conservative, but will he rule Obamacare is unconstitutional in the face of lot of precedent to the contrary. Kennedy is on the conservative side but does rule with the progressives from time to time. All the Obamacare side needs is one more vote.

Having said all that, I am still concerned because the government did a very poor job of presenting its case.

bigmack
06-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Having said all that, I am still concerned because the government did a very poor job of presenting its case.
That's right, it will be rendered unconstitutional as a result of a "bad presentation." Oh, and Ring Master Ned is running for President of Venezuela.

Life in the fantasyland of Mostpost is dicey at best.

mostpost
06-01-2012, 04:52 PM
she also said we have to pass it to find out what's in it, she also said that on passage the bill would create 500,000 jobs. I'm not sure who is the most brain addled fool in the democratic party as there are so many top contenders, but she's in the running for the title that's for sure.

Pelosi never said "We have to pass it to find out what is in it" and paraphrasing as you did above gives a false sense of what she did say.

Here is the actual quote. “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of controversy.”

Those last six words are very important and they are almost always omitted when Pelosi is quoted.
When the healthcare bill was being debated, I made several posts showing where sections of it were being misinterpreted, or mischaracterized, or just plain lied about. Some things that were in earlier versions of the bill were not in the final version, yet they were being characterized as being in the final version.

Pelosi did not say' "We have to pass the bill so that we can find out what is in it." Members of Congress knew what was in the bill, it was the public that was being given false information and the only way to combat that was to have a finalized bill.

Mike at A+
06-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Sure mostie, those last few words really explain things. If there's anything in a fog it's Pelosi's brain. A bill should NEVER be passed to show people what is in it, FOG OR NO FOG. Explaining it in layman's terms is what SHOULD have been done but unfortunately, it was about 2,700 pages and most elected officials didn't even read it. The "most transparent" administration in U.S. history rammed this disaster through with deals made behind closed doors and waivers being granted to 0bama's friends and supporters. The bill stinks on ice and has caused significant damage to the job market.

ArlJim78
06-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Pelosi never said "We have to pass it to find out what is in it" and paraphrasing as you did above gives a false sense of what she did say.

Here is the actual quote.

Those last six words are very important and they are almost always omitted when Pelosi is quoted.
When the healthcare bill was being debated, I made several posts showing where sections of it were being misinterpreted, or mischaracterized, or just plain lied about. Some things that were in earlier versions of the bill were not in the final version, yet they were being characterized as being in the final version.

Pelosi did not say' "We have to pass the bill so that we can find out what is in it." Members of Congress knew what was in the bill, it was the public that was being given false information and the only way to combat that was to have a finalized bill.
no, members of congress including Pelosi did not know what was in the bill. she didn't write the bill and doesn't have the mental faculty to understand the sweeping scope and voluminous detail of that bill.

large sections of the bill were undefined or to be defined at the secretarys discretion. it was not a bill, it was a travesty written behind closed doors and in backroom deals with big pharma, not in public as was promised.

the fog of controversy should have been allowed to lift BEFORE the votes were cast, not vote on something that is filled with empty pages to be filled in later and crammed through the system. of course had they done that it never would have passed.

the main problem with false information was from the administration, their entire case for it was a lie. that's why they had so much trouble defending the bill before the court. you can't bullshit your way past the supreme court the same way you can a willing media and a largely apathethic public.

if Pelosi is such a constitutional scholar who is convinced that the bill is "rock solid" then why didn't she argue at the SC? Since she knows all about the bill and all about the constitution she would have been the perfect person to argue it. She could have stepped up there and said "it's rock solid, because I know the constitution". Roberts would have said "that's good enough for me. thank you for clearing it up for us Nancy."

No the bill will be scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up in a more sensible way.
I wish the federal government would stop trying to manage all health care completely. it would be the best thing for all of us. but so many people are stuck on the idea that there is some kind of magic thinking in Washington that solves problems better than anyone in the land. I've never seen any evidence for that but it is popular myth that many people cling to.

BlueShoe
06-01-2012, 05:26 PM
The bill may be ironclad, but the ruling is not. Sotomayor, Kagen, Bader Ginsburg, and Breyer will rule for the constitutionality of the bill because they do not understand the Constitution and previous rulings permit them to do nothing else.
Allitto, Scalia, and Thomas will rule it unconstitutional because the subscribe to a very enlightened view of the constitution. That leaves Kennedy and Roberts. Roberts is quite conservative, but will he rule Obamacare is unconstitutional in the face of lot of precedent to the contrary. Kennedy is on the conservative side but does rule with the Marxists from time to time.
FTFY

DJofSD
06-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Nancy knows the Constitution? Really?

I think she needs to call into Mark Levin's program some night and let her answer a few questions to probe the depth of her knowledge.

mostpost
06-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Nancy knows the Constitution? Really?

I think she needs to call into Mark Levin's program some night and let her answer a few questions to probe the depth of her knowledge.

Nancy Pelosi will never be on Mark Levin's program, because Mark Levin is afraid to have her on. Mark Levin limits progressives to twenty seconds on his program because he knows that if he gives them more time they will make him look like the idiot he is. His books are filled with falsehoods and quotes taken out of context. In other words he is a typical conservative.

In a debate between Nancy Pelosi and Mark Levin, Nancy would win while simultaneously playing twenty games of chess and cooking a seven course meal.

I am trying to think of a reason why you might think so highly of Levin. Everything I come up with is not very flattering to you.

fast4522
06-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Nancy Pelosi will never be on Mark Levin's program, because Mark Levin is afraid to have her on. Mark Levin limits progressives to twenty seconds on his program because he knows that if he gives them more time they will make him look like the idiot he is. His books are filled with falsehoods and quotes taken out of context. In other words he is a typical conservative.

In a debate between Nancy Pelosi and Mark Levin, Nancy would win while simultaneously playing twenty games of chess and cooking a seven course meal.

I am trying to think of a reason why you might think so highly of Levin. Everything I come up with is not very flattering to you.

Nancy Pelosi and Mark Levin are both moot at this juncture, Mr Romney is the nominee and what the witch Pelosi or any other have to say few will listen. By the way, the witch is a 70 year has been who will never bee seen without her broom again.

Shemp Howard
06-01-2012, 09:34 PM
I bet she can't even spell "constitution."

BlueShoe
06-01-2012, 10:45 PM
So Nancy knows the Constitution? Not given is the constitution of which nation? Judging from her ideology and conduct while in office, the one that she has followed most closely and modeled her political career after would appear to be that of the old Soviet Union. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
06-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Anybody who thinks Kennedy will shoot it down, i think is dreaming.

I think he views this as his historical moment. I would guess it's 60/40 that he allows it to stand.

bigmack
06-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Nancy Pelosi will never be on Mark Levin's program, because Mark Levin is afraid to have her on. Mark Levin limits progressives to twenty seconds on his program because he knows that if he gives them more time they will make him look like the idiot he is.
See how talented Ed is? He looks like an idiot all by himself.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/EdsObsessionAntiScottWalkerGuestsDominateTheEdShow by237to1MediaResearchCenter.png

Tom
06-04-2012, 09:37 PM
He epitomizes the "screw everyone but me" mentality that fuels unions.
Walker has proven that his policies work, while Obama has proven that the pro-union BS polices do not.

Walker represents ALL the people. And has served them well.

IBCNU
06-05-2012, 02:44 PM
His books are filled with falsehoods and quotes taken out of context. In other words he is a typical conservative.
I have all of levin's books, and I can truthfully say he has never made a general blanket statement like that. Might I ask if you can cite one or two small examples?

IBCNU
06-05-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm trying to wrap my head around this Wisc. recall drama. The government employees union, which is government organized as a special interest, is lobbying itself to expand itself....right? White collar labor unions live comfortably above the American median. Most states are at the tipping point where current pension obligations are the largest chunk of its balance sheet. I say the private sector gets taken care of first....its OUR money they'r spending. No one else's. Certainly not the government who soaks the taxpayer for all those union benefits. Mandatory confiscation of member dues which gets used to elect "like minded" politicians who then sit on the other side of the bargaining table negotiating on behlaf of the taxpayers?? Can you say RACKET?

LottaKash
06-05-2012, 03:10 PM
its OUR money they'r spending. No one else's. Certainly not the government who soaks the taxpayer for all those union benefits. Mandatory confiscation of member dues which gets used to elect "like minded" politicians who then sit on the other side of the bargaining table negotiating on behlaf of the taxpayers?? Can you say RACKET?

Yes we can....

Is it any wonder why the "Unions" have been the apple of the mafia's eye for these so many years...?

best,

Tom
06-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Can't you use "Union" and "Mafia" interchangeably? :confused: