PDA

View Full Version : Obama and the Catholic Church

Frank DeMartini
06-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Here is a follow up article I wrote about the Obama Administration's current war against the Catholic Church and Freedom of Religion. Check it out and feel free to comment on the page:

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2012/06/obama-v-the-catholic-church-cont/

Greyfox
06-01-2012, 01:08 PM
A well written article. :ThmbUp:

If Romney is to stand a solid chance to defeat Obama in November, he needs to steer well clear of Social Conservative Issues such as:
1. Gay Marriage
2. Contraceptives
3. Abortion

Let the Catholic Church lead the vanguard on those issues.
Obama's strategy has been to try and make controversial social issues such as those the focal point of his campaign.

Any energy that the Republicans spend in this area detracts from energies that they should be focussing on such as Jobs, the National Debt, the Economy, Energy Resources, Housing, and America's position vis-a-vis other nations.

My advice to Romney would be that when Obama raises those issues in Debates, his reply should be:
"The State should have little or no interest in the Nation's bedrooms...we have more important pressing issues to discuss."
Saying anything more simply will allow Obama to bring peripheral issues to the limelight.

Tom
06-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Agree - it is time for the Pope to step up to the plate.
Romney needs to have single focus and a large hammer.
More bad news on jobs today - Romney has all the material he needs right now.

He should be filling buses up with people who have lost their jobs and have them travel with him. Big sing on the sides of the buses - We put people in buses, not under them. Then make the dogs are inside, too. :rolleyes:

Dahoss9698
06-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Here is a follow up article I wrote about the Obama Administration's current war against the Catholic Church and Freedom of Religion. Check it out and feel free to comment on the page:

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2012/06/obama-v-the-catholic-church-cont/

Who do you like in the Belmont Frank?

TJDave
06-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Agree - it is time for the Pope to step up to the plate.

Who better than someone who has never seen a vagina telling women what they should do with theirs.

Who better than some man who will never marry telling other men they can't.

Tom
06-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Almost sounds like he is a democrat, doesn't it.

bigmack
06-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Good one. Can ya push out another? They're always so clever.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfbxt7Udqo1qe0eclo1_500.gif

Dahoss9698
06-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Good one. Can ya push out another? They're always so clever.

I could just pretend I'm a rich playboy in an effort to impress other middle aged guys. That's cool, right?

redshift1
06-01-2012, 04:04 PM

I imagine Franks desk, vast and empty, redolent with the smell of Lemon Pledge.

bigmack
06-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Now would that be Dahoos pretending or your alter ego "Dexter."

Now run off and pimp others for using multiple monikers. But hey, the hippest of the hypocrites, you is.

Ever get the feeling you're even more ugly on the inside than when you look in the mirror?

FantasticDan
06-01-2012, 04:16 PM
I imagine Franks desk, vast and empty, redolent with the smell of Lemon Pledge. :D :ThmbUp:

Dahoss9698
06-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Now would that be Dahoos pretending or your alter ego "Dexter."

Now run off and pimp others for using multiple monikers. But hey, the hippest of the hypocrites, you is.

Ever get the feeling you're even more ugly on the inside than when you look in the mirror?

And you're a middle aged guy, who gets off on telling other middle aged guys about how cool you wish you were.

Very impressive stuff. I'm jealous.

PaceAdvantage
06-01-2012, 05:49 PM
You two (BM and DH9698) are like a hemorrhoid that flares up every now and then...don't you realize the rest of us are bored by now? Why not use PM if you guys feel the need to stroke each other again?

DJofSD
06-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Obama is the best reason for the Church to bring back the Inquisition. Then put the question to Barry.

Dahoss9698
06-01-2012, 06:02 PM
You two (BM and DH9698) are like a hemorrhoid that flares up every now and then...don't you realize the rest of us are bored by now? Why not use PM if you guys feel the need to stroke each other again?

I'm pretty bored of it myself.

But it's not as though I seek him out. He just can't help himself.

Cardus
06-01-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm pretty bored of it myself.

But it's not as though I seek him out. He just can't help himself.

I know this well.

bigmack
06-01-2012, 06:07 PM
He tried PMing me. Within 2 he moved into threatening speech and I told him to buzz off.

Look at him now. He pullin' the 'homo' angle. Very popular tact for him. He wants people to know he doesn't roll that way. :lol:

I think he might be a homophobe. (That's a person who is afraid of homo's)

Dahoss9698
06-01-2012, 06:17 PM
He tried PMing me. Within 2 he moved into threatening speech and I told him to buzz off.

Look at him now. He pullin' the 'homo' angle. Very popular tact for him. He wants people to know he doesn't roll that way. :lol:

I think he might be a homophobe. (That's a person who is afraid of homo's)

When all else fails, just make stuff up? You're that desperate to try and protect your rep?

How embarrassing.

bigmack
06-01-2012, 06:25 PM
When all else fails, just make stuff up? You're that desperate to try and protect your rep?

How embarrassing.
Careful now, PM's are in writing.

(Watch. As much as he pimps others about having the last woid, he can't help himself.)

Tell us about your hissy fit when you left and came back as Dexter. Funny shit, that was.

Dahoss9698
06-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Careful now, PM's are in writing.

(Watch. As much as he pimps others about having the last woid, he can't help himself.)

Tell us about your hissy fit when you left and came back as Dexter. Funny shit, that was.

Yep, in writing. Here is our exchange.

Originally Posted by bigmack
It's beyond me why you would continually engage with me over comments to Cardunce, but I can dance if you wish.

My response
It's beyond me why you continue to make them. And let's be honest, you continually make remarks to me.

It's not as though I seek you out. If I did I'd be slapping you around off topic like I do in Gen Pop. :p

That is threatening speech? I put an emoticon at the end and everything.

Methinks your fascination with Cardus is a little weird. Just sayin'.

Greyfox
06-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Yep, in writing. Here is our exchange.

Originally Posted by bigmack

1. What has this got to do with Obama and the Catholic Church?
2. PM's aren't private to you??

Dahoss9698
06-01-2012, 08:30 PM
1. What has this got to do with Obama and the Catholic Church?
2. PM's aren't private to you??

1. What does your post have to do with Obama and the Catholic Church?
2. When did you become a moderator here?

Greyfox
06-01-2012, 09:23 PM
1. What does your post have to do with Obama and the Catholic Church?
2. When did you become a moderator here?

The thread is supposedly about Obama, the Catholic Church, and an article posted by Frank DeMartini.
I posted what I did because those of us who are truly interested in Martini's article get a little tired of the sort of crap that is being presented by people such as yourself who's agenda from the get-go appears to be to get the rest of us to go down another alley.
Not being a moderator, I tried to nudge the thread back on topic.
Also I should have made a private note to myself about PM'ing others on this board appears to be a practice that can come back to haunt you.
In this instance, your PM is there for all to see and if you think that's fine, our value systems don't agree.
Let's move on.

Dahoss9698
06-01-2012, 10:16 PM
The thread is supposedly about Obama, the Catholic Church, and an article posted by Frank DeMartini.
I posted what I did because those of us who are truly interested in Martini's article get a little tired of the sort of crap that is being presented by people such as yourself who's agenda from the get-go appears to be to get the rest of us to go down another alley.
Not being a moderator, I tried to nudge the thread back on topic.
Also I should have made a private note to myself about PM'ing others on this board appears to be a practice that can come back to haunt you.
In this instance, your PM is there for all to see and if you think that's fine, our value systems don't agree.
Let's move on.

Thanks for the disingenuous lecture. will a lecture to Bigmack be coming as well, considering....well it was he who derailed the thread to begin with.

I doubt it.

In the future you'd be better served minding your own business. Or even better, put me on ignore and keep your lectures to yourself.

JustRalph
06-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the disingenuous lecture. will a lecture to Bigmack be coming as well, considering....well it was he who derailed the thread to begin with.

I doubt it.

In the future you'd be better served minding your own business. Or even better, put me on ignore and keep your lectures to yourself.

Always the gentleman huh?

ElKabong
06-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Always the gentleman huh?

a boring one at that

Dahoss9698
06-02-2012, 08:38 AM
a boring one at that

Nice contribution to the thread.

You guys crack me up. You want to whine about thread drift....yet none of you can help yourselves from engaging in a good old fashioned gang up, regardless of how off topic the thread goes.

Looks like no one cares about your article Frank. They'd rather gang up like a bunch of 9 year olds on the playground against me.

PaceAdvantage
06-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Nice contribution to the thread.

You guys crack me up. You want to whine about thread drift....yet none of you can help yourselves from engaging in a good old fashioned gang up, regardless of how off topic the thread goes.

Looks like no one cares about your article Frank. They'd rather gang up like a bunch of 9 year olds on the playground against me.Everybody seems fascinated when they come across a wreck on the side of the road...human nature I guess...

Capper Al
06-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Wasn't the last Supreme court justice that Obama nominated Catholic? Oh, this doesn't fit the conspiracy theory. Sorry!

DJofSD
06-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Wasn't the last Supreme court justice that Obama nominated Catholic? Oh, this doesn't fit the conspiracy theory. Sorry!
Just like the republicans have their RINO's, so too does the Catholic Church.

It's more about what you do or don't do than what you say.

Dahoss9698
06-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Everybody seems fascinated when they come across a wreck on the side of the road...human nature I guess...

Thanks for proving my point.

PaceAdvantage
06-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks for proving my point.But in this case, the "wreck" can be easily prevented from happening in the first place. I guess that's my job, and I have failed in this thread...

Greyfox
06-02-2012, 12:24 PM

It's not a question of "Conspiracy" Capper Al.
It's a question of Obama endorsing policies that piss on traditional official Catholic values.
Catholics are the single largest religious denomination in the United States.
But saying one is a "Catholic" and practicing as a "Catholic" are two different ball parks.
With all of the empty pews today my guess is that many of those members are what one might refer to as "Cafeteria Menu Catholics."
That is they pick and choose what parts of the religion that agree with their tastes and disregard the rest of the offerings.
As such there may be a segment of Catholics who support Obama and are at odds with the Church's official positions.
There may also be a segment of Catholics who find Romney's Mormon background not to their liking. They are in an interesting dilemma. If they are staunch Catholics, supporting Obama won't be an option, and at the same time Romney's not an ideal choice either.
However, any way you carve it, Obama is playing Russian Roulette here.
He's gambling that Catholicism is not that deeply entrenched in the 21 st Century lives of people who claim to be Catholics. He may be right.

boxcar
06-02-2012, 12:26 PM
But in this case, the "wreck" can be easily prevented from happening in the first place. I guess that's my job, and I have failed in this thread...

Geesh...just think that if you were in the public sector, you could suspend yourself with pay for such negligence. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

Capper Al
06-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Just like the republicans have their RINO's, so too does the Catholic Church.

It's more about what you do or don't do than what you say.

So it isn't about Obama and the Catholic Church now? It is about what Obama does? It's about appointing Catholics with differing views?

Capper Al
06-03-2012, 09:23 AM
It's not a question of "Conspiracy" Capper Al.
It's a question of Obama endorsing policies that piss on traditional official Catholic values.
Catholics are the single largest religious denomination in the United States.
But saying one is a "Catholic" and practicing as a "Catholic" are two different ball parks.
With all of the empty pews today my guess is that many of those members are what one might refer to as "Cafeteria Menu Catholics."
That is they pick and choose what parts of the religion that agree with their tastes and disregard the rest of the offerings.
As such there may be a segment of Catholics who support Obama and are at odds with the Church's official positions.
There may also be a segment of Catholics who find Romney's Mormon background not to their liking. They are in an interesting dilemma. If they are staunch Catholics, supporting Obama won't be an option, and at the same time Romney's not an ideal choice either.
However, any way you carve it, Obama is playing Russian Roulette here.
He's gambling that Catholicism is not that deeply entrenched in the 21 st Century lives of people who claim to be Catholics. He may be right.

We are all "Cafeteria Menu Whatever We ARE". I don't mean any disrespect to those who think they go by the book. It's just a fact about being human.

In the past our religion encompassed our politics. Today our politics encompasses our religion. The need is to see us as a "type of person" on the right track. Hitler knew this well. God gave us a brain to use which means that we are burdened with choosing from the Cafeteria He put around us.

Greyfox
06-03-2012, 09:50 AM
We are all "Cafeteria Menu Whatever We ARE". I don't mean any disrespect to those who think they go by the book. It's just a fact about being human.

Good point. But if you are a "True Believing Whatever You Are" some parts of the Main Course are mandatory and cannot just be cherry picked.
In the case of Catholicism confession is available for those who've strayed off the menu, but even then there are some areas that should not be opted for.
For example, abortion is not on the menu (except in very rare circumstances.)
Other religions have their tenets too.
Sikhs are not supposed to cut their hair.
Technically, whether Obama likes it or not, and whether he chooses to be one or not, he is a Muslim. (His father and step father were Muslims.)
That he professes to be a Christian is fine by me.
However many "blinded" Muslims would view him as an infidel.
That's part of their main menu.

Tom
06-03-2012, 11:11 AM
So it isn't about Obama and the Catholic Church now? It is about what Obama does? It's about appointing Catholics with differing views?

No, it is about the Church's stance on birth control and his insistence to violate it.

Simple - no conspiracy.
It's like forcing people to pat to murder babies with their tax dollars.
Unacceptable to many people. If you want to suck your baby apart with a vacuum cleaner, buy it yourself, don't ask me to do it.

Appointing a Catholic to a position hardly makes up for either.

TJDave
06-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Technically, whether Obama likes it or not, and whether he chooses to be one or not, he is a Muslim. (His father and step father were Muslims.)

Thousands of Muslims convert to Christianity daily and I would expect the reverse to be true as well. Regardless of what Muslims believe, when one converts from Islam to Christianity or any other religion one ceases to be a Muslim.

Greyfox
06-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Thousands of Muslims convert to Christianity daily and I would expect the reverse to be true as well. Regardless of what Muslims believe, when one converts from Islam to Christianity or any other religion one ceases to be a Muslim.

That's what you and I think anyways.
But we're not practitioners of Islam.
That's even supported in the Quran.
"There is no compulsion in religion..." (Quran, Chapter 2, Verse 256),

In practice among staunch Muslims, a Muslim cannot change to another religion. If they do so, they are considered Infidels. In Arabia, the punishment can be death.

I agree with you here. Religion is not a physical matter, it is a mental spiritual choice. It seems absurd that one would ever be forced to believe
anything. However, the cultures of some countries believe otherwise.

You are also correct in that thousands of Muslims convert to Christianity every day. Conversely, 20,000 Americans convert to Islam each year.
The radical Muslims however still hold on to the concept of becoming an Infidel for leaving the faith.

ElKabong
06-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Everybody seems fascinated when they come across a wreck on the side of the road...human nature I guess...

Not a wreck. A feekshow named dahoss

Greyfox has it right. Let the Catholic church handle this.... Romney can make things correct after the election

Capper Al
06-03-2012, 03:22 PM
No, it is about the Church's stance on birth control and his insistence to violate it.

Simple - no conspiracy.
It's like forcing people to pat to murder babies with their tax dollars.
Unacceptable to many people. If you want to suck your baby apart with a vacuum cleaner, buy it yourself, don't ask me to do it.

Appointing a Catholic to a position hardly makes up for either.

There's nothing to make up for unless you think we should return to a country run by your chosen religion.

Tom
06-03-2012, 04:03 PM
You're the one who brought it up.

Dahoss9698
06-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Not a wreck. A feekshow named dahoss

Greyfox has it right. Let the Catholic church handle this.... Romney can make things correct after the election

I've been called many things...but never a feekshow.

Thanks I guess.

toetoe
06-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Who better than someone who has never seen a vagina telling women what they should do with theirs.

Keep our gay brethren out of this, please. You are flirting with a hate crime charge. :eek:

Tom
06-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Google feekshow! :eek:

Tom
06-03-2012, 09:46 PM
No....there is better.