PDA

View Full Version : English Oaks

gm10
06-01-2012, 06:23 AM
And it's a cracker.

Kissed has been very impressive, running away from decent fillies like they were standing still. She hasn't gone a fast pace yet, but maybe she won't have to today either.

Maybe was an outstanding 2yo, and ran with credit on the soaked Newmarket ground for the Guineas. Whether she is bred to stay the Classic distance ... the jury is still out.

Shirocco Star. This horse is probably going to improve for the mile and a half, and could be something of a surprise package at 14/1.

The Fugue looked like a real powerhouse last time, and is going to be a major player.

Kailani ran the fastest rating as a 3yo (by my calculations anyway), and is worth a bet at 10/1.

Vow ... what else can I say but wow. This filly reminds me of the young Zenyatta. She displayed an amazing raw talent in her two races so far. The one worry is that she may not handle the track's camber all that well.

This is a very classy field ... not easy to give a final selection ... KAILANI 10/1.

JBmadera
06-01-2012, 07:10 AM
And it's a cracker.

Kissed has been very impressive, running away from decent fillies like they were standing still. She hasn't gone a fast pace yet, but maybe she won't have to today either.

Maybe was an outstanding 2yo, and ran with credit on the soaked Newmarket ground for the Guineas. Whether she is bred to stay the Classic distance ... the jury is still out.

Shirocco Star. This horse is probably going to improve for the mile and a half, and could be something of a surprise package at 14/1.

The Fugue looked like a real powerhouse last time, and is going to be a major player.

Kailani ran the fastest rating as a 3yo (by my calculations anyway), and is worth a bet at 10/1.

Vow ... what else can I say but wow. This filly reminds me of the young Zenyatta. She displayed an amazing raw talent in her two races so far. The one worry is that she may not handle the track's camber all that well.

This is a very classy field ... not easy to give a final selection ... KAILANI 10/1.

Should be a great race, isn't it a wonderful time of the racing season!

I'm going to take a chance, w/p, on the :12: at the M/L or higher.

good luck!

OTM Al
06-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Going a bit of an upset here

5-7-10

olddaddy
06-01-2012, 09:46 AM
O'Brien running 6 in a field of 13. Seems like throwing a handful against the wall and sees what sticks.

olddaddy
06-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Ill go with the :2:. Ran a decent race last out against the fav , backed in that race and this is 2nd off lay off. Hope to get 20+-1.

ArlJim78
06-01-2012, 10:09 AM
when is this race, today, tomorrow?

olddaddy
06-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Today, 5th at Epsom.

ArlJim78
06-01-2012, 10:15 AM
thanks

horses4courses
06-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Race goes off in 5 minutes. Good race in prospect.
What about Aidan O'Brien, though?
5 fillies running in a 12 horse field....would have had 6, but one scratched.
What a high powered stable!

OTM Al
06-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Was it just me or was one of O'Brien's runners just hammering the lone Godolphin through much of the running?

tucker6
06-01-2012, 01:47 PM
1st - Was (20-1)

2nd - Shirocco Star (16-1) by a neck

3rd - The Fugue (11-4 fav) by a further length

Both 2nd and 3rd were gaining at the end.

v j stauffer
06-01-2012, 02:05 PM
1st - Was (20-1)

2nd - Shirocco Star (16-1) by a neck

3rd - The Fugue (11-4 fav) by a further length

Both 2nd and 3rd were gaining at the end.

Clear cut case of fabricating a phoney race schedule and beating plow horses for the winner.

Sad.

gm10
06-01-2012, 02:46 PM
From a handicapper's point of view, I find it a bit annoying that O'Brien has so many resources that he can just train one at home for the biggest fillies Classic in the world, and win. He even had part of his gallops built to be an exact replica of Tattenham Corner.

A few of the other fillies didn't handle the track (notable the Godolphin filly, also Vow to some extent), but this was a very good winner imo.

gm10
06-01-2012, 02:53 PM
From a handicapper's point of view, I find it a bit annoying that O'Brien has so many resources that he can just train one at home for the biggest fillies Classic in the world, and win. He even had part of his gallops built to be an exact replica of Tattenham Corner.

A few of the other fillies didn't handle the track (notable the Godolphin filly, also Vow to some extent), but this was a very good winner imo.

I also want to add that I do not understand why Barzalona was so far back on Kailani. Epsom is not a closer's track.

tucker6
06-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Clear cut case of fabricating a phoney race schedule and beating plow horses for the winner.

Sad.
Why don't you just ask Zenyatta to marry you for crying out loud?

2-1 says her answer is, "neigh". :D

horses4courses
06-01-2012, 03:57 PM

Sad.

Those are strong words directed at an excellent trainer and horseman.
When BHP hosts it's next Breeders' Cup, perhaps you might discuss it with him?

OTM Al
06-01-2012, 04:42 PM
I also want to add that I do not understand why Barzalona was so far back on Kailani. Epsom is not a closer's track.

It didn't look right. As I said before, I know there is a little more bumping over there in the races, but it looked like she was getting repeatedly bothered by one of the O'Brien horses. Maybe I was just seeing things but after bouncing around like that a horse would have a very difficult time making a good move. maybe this will have them rethinking the phase out of Dettori...

gm10
06-01-2012, 04:52 PM
It didn't look right. As I said before, I know there is a little more bumping over there in the races, but it looked like she was getting repeatedly bothered by one of the O'Brien horses. Maybe I was just seeing things but after bouncing around like that a horse would have a very difficult time making a good move. maybe this will have them rethinking the phase out of Dettori...
There was a bit of argy-bargy with Maybe as well, I noticed. Then again, if she was going to have an argument in the race with another horse, it was about 50/50 that it would be with one of AOB's :)

5k-claim
06-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Those are strong words directed at an excellent trainer and horseman.
When BHP hosts it's next Breeders' Cup, perhaps you might discuss it with him?tucker6?

OTM Al
06-01-2012, 04:55 PM
There was a bit of argy-bargy with Maybe as well, I noticed. Then again, if she was going to have an argument in the race, it was about 50/50 that it would be with an AOB horse :)

That is definitely true and was implying no wrongdoing, though if there were, I wouldn't be all that surprised as there was no love lost between the two stables before the recent cease fire.

v j stauffer
06-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Why don't you just ask Zenyatta to marry you for crying out loud?

2-1 says her answer is, "neigh". :D

I did.

Of course you know what she said!

Cardus? Hoss? Stoney?

Yep you got it. She said.............................................. ..

BITE ME!!