PDA

View Full Version : It's a Girl - Kill it

bigmack
05-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Gender based abortions are fine & dandy by Congress.

The final vote was 246-168.

A bill that would ban sex-selective abortions failed to muster enough support to pass the House Thursday following a contentious debate.

The final vote was 246-168. Though a majority voted in favor of the bill, this particular proposal required a two-thirds majority to pass -- supporters of the bill fell 30 votes short.

The proposal would have made it a federal crime to carry out an abortion based on the gender of the fetus. The measure takes aim at the aborting of female fetuses, a practice more common to countries such India and China, where there is a strong preference for sons, but which is also thought to take place in the U.S.

The White House and Democratic lawmakers opposed the bill out of concern that it could end up subjecting doctors to strict punishment, suggesting the law would be difficult to follow.

Planned Parenthood lobbied hard. Seee. Lobbying woiks.

StormChaser
05-31-2012, 08:50 PM
Gender based abortions are fine & dandy by Congress.

The final vote was 246-168.

A bill that would ban sex-selective abortions failed to muster enough support to pass the House Thursday following a contentious debate.

The final vote was 246-168. Though a majority voted in favor of the bill, this particular proposal required a two-thirds majority to pass -- supporters of the bill fell 30 votes short.

The proposal would have made it a federal crime to carry out an abortion based on the gender of the fetus. The measure takes aim at the aborting of female fetuses, a practice more common to countries such India and China, where there is a strong preference for sons, but which is also thought to take place in the U.S.

The White House and Democratic lawmakers opposed the bill out of concern that it could end up subjecting doctors to strict punishment, suggesting the law would be difficult to follow. .

Planned Parenthood lobbied hard. Seee. Lobbying woiks.

Damn that is wronnnng. just straight wrong.

TJDave
05-31-2012, 09:07 PM
Planned Parenthood lobbied hard.

Where were these folks when Barbara Streisand was conceived?

bigmack
05-31-2012, 09:17 PM
Where were these folks when Barbara Streisand was conceived?
Whew, Doggie. That be TastyFreeze cold. And from from a fellow Jew.

May the Alexander Pushkin poem she sang from the Claus Ogerman tune, I Loved You, sit somewhere on ye.

cwgzgQ26O-o

Mike at A+
05-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Of course the maggot holes at NOW will applaud this and claim the "slippery slope" defense.

Tom
05-31-2012, 09:33 PM
What the hell is wrong with the House repubs?

This is NOT what they should be doing - it is JOBS, STUPID.
No other item on the agenda.
The gimme issue is out there and these morons go back to social issues.

Why doesn't Boehner just kiss Obama on the lips?

We have to get that weasel out of office and fast. and the rest of his kind.

TJDave
05-31-2012, 09:37 PM
May the Alexander Pushkin poem she sang from the Claus Ogerman tune, I Loved You, sit somewhere on ye.

On balance it don't make up for "misty water-colored" or "Stoney End."

OTOH, if more couples listened to Babs there might never be a need for abortions.

bigmack
05-31-2012, 09:42 PM
The Nutty Uncle voted against it.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/ron-paul-jedi.jpg

StormChaser
05-31-2012, 10:49 PM
What the hell is wrong with the House repubs?

This is NOT what they should be doing - it is JOBS, STUPID.
No other item on the agenda.
The gimme issue is out there and these morons go back to social issues.

Why doesn't Boehner just kiss Obama on the lips?

We have to get that weasel out of office and fast. and the rest of his kind.

I agree for the most part of your comment but what do you mean by kind? :eek:

Tom
05-31-2012, 10:58 PM
Kind - idiot republicans who are stupid.
Obama is in office because of that kind of useless repub.

We need to purge the party of everyone in over 7 years.

StormChaser
05-31-2012, 11:21 PM
Kind - idiot republicans who are stupid.
Obama is in office because of that kind of useless repub.

We need to purge the party of everyone in over 7 years.

Agreed. lmao

BlueShoe
05-31-2012, 11:27 PM
How sweet, now we can be just like the damned ChiComs.:rolleyes: Red China here we come. :mad:

boxcar
05-31-2012, 11:38 PM
We're just a knock 'em dead society, aren't we? It seems that anything anyone touches in this country dies. Women get to commit to gendercide with impunity. And Obama gets to kill jobs and the economy.

Boxcar

StormChaser
05-31-2012, 11:55 PM
We're just a knock 'em dead society, aren't we? It seems that anything anyone touches in this country dies. Women get to commit to gendercide with impunity. And Obama gets to kill jobs and the economy.

Boxcar

Wasn't his campaign slogan "Yes, we can" not "Make me richer"? :lol:

LottaKash
06-01-2012, 02:38 AM
The current regime is sick and is getter sicker.....

And, it makes me sick to watch it be so...

best,

Robert Goren
06-01-2012, 04:29 AM
I love it when the republicans go after the Boxcars of the country's votes. I hope they spend more time, money and energy trying to get their votes.

vegasone
06-01-2012, 04:40 AM
More BS from congress to sidetrack important issues. If they passed a law like that who would walk in and and ask for one with that reason? Either you believe in abortion or you don't, but that should be an individuals choice based on their beliefs. Let them waste more time on baseball issues and forget about doing anything constructive.

toetoe
06-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Whew, Doggie. That be TastyFreeze cold. And from from a fellow Jew.

cwgzgQ26O-oPossibly even more punitive:

The Way We Would've Been

How Are Things in Fallopia ?

Rocky End (Before I Began)

Snuff Theme from 'Swept Away'

Does it get any better than Ogerman and Jobim ? :jump:

toetoe
06-03-2012, 03:00 PM
... Either you believe in abortion or you don't ...

I believe in infanticide and death to infidels and bratty kids. You do also, or you don't. I believe in euphemisms such as 'abortion' and 'health care options'. You do also, or you don't. I believe in giving a car to any knucklehead who wants one, as otherwise he'll just steal one in some back alley anyway. (:Brandishing coathanger, shouting, "You know what ? We ain't goin' back.")

toetoe
06-03-2012, 10:50 PM
'Slouching Toward Biohazardous Waste'.