PDA

View Full Version : Nanny Bloomberg strikes again

ArlJim78
05-31-2012, 05:45 PM
What is it with this guy? first salt, now sugar.

New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/31/nyregion/bloomberg-plans-a-ban-on-large-sugared-drinks.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all)

“We’re not taking away anybody’s right to do things,
we’re simply forcing you to understand that you have to make the conscious
decision to go from one cup to another cup.”

From what I can see they're banning 20oz glasses of soda. you can still have as many 16 oz glasses as you want, and you can still buy large surgary coffee drinks and fruit juice type drinks, which have more calories than soda pop.

nijinski
05-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Doesn't he have better things to do ? Oh yeah I forgot , he's curtailing those after curfew helicopter trips.

wisconsin
05-31-2012, 06:12 PM
Another shot of corporate warfare, too. Fast food places rely on the profits from drinks. 7-11's sell millions of the Big Gulp every year, many in NYC alone. Now what? They gonna roll out the Little Sip?

bigmack
05-31-2012, 07:01 PM
Tommy & I have a lil' rivalry going on which state is more pathetic, NY or CA.

This move by Bloomboig, catapults NY straight into first place.

Bloonin'Onion was on Andrea "I married a black man & then Alan Greenspan" Mitchell, reminiscing about the days when Coke came in 6oz bottles.

Next week he plans on banning color TV for his maudlin feelings towards B&W.

Mike at A+
05-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Not so fast. I just heard that 1/3rd of welfare recipients live in CA. But as a former New Yorker, I am so glad to be out of that sewer.

Tom
05-31-2012, 09:37 PM

Bloonin'Onion was on Andrea "I married a black man & then Alan Greenspan" Mitchell, reminiscing about the days when Coke came in 6oz bottles.

Next week he plans on banning color TV for his maudlin feelings towards B&W.

Mac, Mac, Mac.......how can I lose with the team I use?
Baby Mario, Bloomingidiotberg........we grow 'em dumber than dirt in these here parts. :D:D:D

ArlJim78
05-31-2012, 10:58 PM
Reason TV did some man on the street interviews on the drink size ban.
I'm with the very first guy who comments at the :19 second mark. :lol:

moVb-BZDaPs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moVb-BZDaPs&feature=player_embedded

Tom
05-31-2012, 11:10 PM
He certainly is one of those.....and a SUPER-SIZED one at that.

NYC....what are you guys thinking?
Take out your trash!

nijinski
05-31-2012, 11:16 PM
From the Dem Underground
June 1 , is Donut Day

To celebrate the historical milestone, Entenmann's will present a donation check for $25,000 to The Salvation Army, unveil the largest box of Entenmann's Donuts ever created along with custom-made donuts 1-foot in diameter, and share a Proclamation Letter from Mayor Bloomberg. Entenmann's will also be providing free donuts and The Salvation Army's Canteen truck will be providing free coffee from 7 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the southwest corner of Madison Square Park, 23rd Street & Broadway

BlueShoe
05-31-2012, 11:44 PM

Nope, not even a horserace, California wins going away. Have made many posts with and without links going back several years as to why California is the most dysfunctional state in all the land. The inmates have long been running the asylum. Just for starters, New York has nothing to compare with our old hippy, Moonbeam Brown, and his cadre of totally clueless incompetent Bolsheviks, whose theory for running the state is to punish success and to reward failure.

JustRalph
06-01-2012, 12:50 AM
If i was a business owner i would sell 16 ouncers "bUy one get one free" :lol:

ArlJim78
08-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Bloomberg has gone wild again. having conquered salt, fat, popcorn, soda size, now he has his sights set on another pressing matter, woman who give their babies formula rather than breastfeeding. Is there any private matter that this guy is willing to leave up to us boobs to control? (no pun intended).

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg just unveiled a health initiative that he
hopes will encourage new moms to breastfeed. The plan? Ask hospitals to treat
formula like any other regulated substance, keeping it locked up and given out
only under certain conditions.
http://healthyliving.msn.com/pregnancy-parenting/advice/nyc-mayor-wants-to-lock-up-baby-formula-is-he-going-too-far

Tom
08-03-2012, 09:33 AM
How does a total idiot like this jerk get elected 3 times?
NY......wassup wit youse guys? :rolleyes:

johnhannibalsmith
08-03-2012, 11:00 AM
He's the constant reminder to the semi-sane amongst us why the average citizen must resist the urge to turn away and ignore government when it begins to take itself a little too seriously.

boxcar
08-03-2012, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=ArlJim78]What is it with this guy? first salt, now sugar.[quote]

Quote:

“We’re not taking away anybody’s right to do things,
we’re simply forcing you to understand that you have to make the conscious
decision to go from one cup to another cup.”

Very revealing statement about the mindset of liberals. Their perverse idea of freedom and rights is to force people to come around to their way of thinking -- or they'll pay a price for bucking up against the state's will. It's their way of the highway. But...they're not taking away anyone's rights -- the most fundamental of which is the right of choice. :rolleyes: If someone freely chooses to spring for that second cup, he must spend more money for 2 of the smaller cups than he would have to for one large one...PLUS pay taxes on that second drink as well to his oppressors -- more taxes than he would have to pay just on one cup.

Creeping, crawling tyranny. Inch by inch by inch the Left is taking away our individual liberties or we'll pay that "penalty" for daring to defy them.

Boxcar

Tom
08-06-2012, 11:02 AM
You have to hand it to the dems...they have planned whole thing out.
First, Little Adolph Bloomberg makes it harder to get baby formula so women will be forced to breast feed, often times in public. That would leave a lot of exposed boobs out there, and UpChcuk Schumer, whether from his infinite wisdom or personal experience, realized that immature males would be using their laser markers to highlight, and *gasp* possible even circle the exposed breasts on buses and other public transportation, so he is preparing legislation to give Uncle Sugar (your worthless government) more control over laser markers.

Good to know our national security is being managed so well.

Either that or he realized he had not been in front of a TV camera for a week and had to come up with something fast.