PDA

View Full Version : Horses' names

andicap
01-07-2004, 11:00 AM
Im interested in names of horses that have slipped through the Jockey Club's rules that you can remember that are particular suggestive. Examples:

Bodacious Tatas (John Kimmel allowance horse a few years back. Pretty good.)
Dothenasty (a Jockey Club official said he thought it was a dance).

If you know the story behind it, great. If not, the name is enough.

also names of famous people like Chris Evert. (has to be famous to the public, not just us, like being named after Harvey Pack is not enough.)

Thanks

Valuist
01-07-2004, 11:42 AM
Tihsho-

A claimer on the Kentucky circuit maybe 5 years ago. Like Harry Caray used to say, "spell that one backwards". And of course Chicago fans will remember Knobgobbler, who was a fixture at the NW2 and NW3 claiming levels around 3-4 years ago.

kenwoodallpromos
01-08-2004, 12:07 AM
several years ago I won good on a quinella that included a horse named Monicalovesbill! 8-1! She usually sucked but this time she closed well and blew them away!! I thought Phone Trick was a sexy name!!

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2004, 12:13 AM
Isitingood rubbed some people the wrong way..... ;)

A horse with the name Putz in it (can't remember the exact name) had to be changed a few years ago....I think the name was Hesa Putz

Colombine Is Sad -- owners changed the name voluntarily after the Columbine shootings....

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Here's another good one I forgot:

Peony's Envy

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2004, 12:33 AM
This is a Pegram horse I believe (not exactly sure)...don't know if it's run yet, but it's got a great name (taken from an Austin Powers movie)

Dixie Normas

I thought this horse originally had the word "My" at the start of its name, but I could be wrong....LOL

Observer
01-08-2004, 12:46 AM
There's a filly in training right now named Pesci (like the actor Joe Pesci, who bought a half-interest in her) .. she's now unbeaten in 2 starts in California.

BillW
01-08-2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Isitingood rubbed some people the wrong way..... ;)

And the great thing is that the sire is Crusaders Sword, if I remember correctly. :p

Bill

Skanoochies
01-08-2004, 03:57 AM
Back in the late 80`s there was a horse called Hoof Hearted running at Ex park in Van. B.C. The announcer after realizing what it sounded like the first time, started calling it Who Fear Ted. But what is really funny was at the same time there was a horse named Ice melted running at the same track. Fortunately it was a different age and sex. Can you imagine if they ran in the same race? It`s Hoof Hearted and Ice melted coming to the wire.
True story.

Skanoochies.:D

gillenr
01-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Years ago, "I Found Gold" ran in NY. Italians on this board can explain.

Myhorse1_X
01-08-2004, 03:26 PM
I once knew a horse named "Hoof Hearted", but the track would not let me use if after a complaint from the announcer.

Only kidding!!!

MyHorse1

Binder
01-08-2004, 07:28 PM
I wondered
about a horse named Stinky Twinkie
Who I 've seen run a few times at Philly Park

sq764
01-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Wasn't there a horse that raced at Evangeline not too long ago named "Little Pink Panties".. or something like that.

MV McKee
01-09-2004, 05:42 PM
This is a little gross..so if you are easily offended don't read on.
It is true however.
I am kidding you not....back in the late, late 70's there was a filly that ran here in the Northwest named Honor Period.
I don't recall her exact breeding, but seem to recall her dam was named Peridot, or something with the word dot in it, so it didn't seem that strange. I never thought a lot of it until one day my friends started laughing when there was a jockey switch and the announcer stated "Shari Knapp is now on Honor Period".
It gets worse though....the first foal from this mare (I don't recall the exact name) had the word "Floin" in it. I want to say Floin Too...but I think that filly ran in the early 90's.
Maybe the name wasn't so innocent after all.

DJofSD
01-09-2004, 06:43 PM
She offered her honor.
He honored her offer.
And it was honor and offer all night long.

DJofSD

JustRalph
01-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Turfway Park - January 14th, 2004 - Race 4
3 Money Shot (KY)
Jason P. Lumpkins
William H. Edwards 6 Gelding 116
David L. Miesse, Sr.
John O'Meara 6/1 $7,500

Observer
01-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Knockin Boots .. ran last month at Laurel.