PDA

View Full Version : Picks for Wed, 5/30

Ray2000
05-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Betting Win if odds > 3/1 and Key Box Exactas

Balmoral R10....4/5,6,1,2 ...Little L-6/1 ..............10¢ pentafecta key box $12

Buffalo R6......7/3,8 ...Newberry Winner-8/1

Flamboro R5.....3/2,1 ...Lollipop Gal-9/2

Meadows R2......2/4,5 ...Jo Pa'S Artist-15/1.......Palone and post relief

Pocono R6.......7/2,9 ...Sarastar-6/1................wide open 8 contenders?
Pocono R10......2/4,6 ...G G Roulette-12/1 .......new trainer off claim best TM nos

Good Luck All

precisionk
05-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Balmoral R10:

:ThmbUp:

I am onboard and with you on this. Hope to get a good price.

Ray2000
05-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Let's get this one Matt, Best of Luck to both of us, and all other players

Ray2000
05-31-2012, 05:44 AM
Woke up to a nice dime hit!

Balmoral R10....65241 10 cent pentafecta paid $245.00

Buffalo R6.......258 no
Flamboro R5....156 no
Meadows R2....345 no
Pocono R6.......378 placed
Pocono R10.....172 showed

melman
05-31-2012, 07:04 AM
Ray and PK--Good work men. Nice $12 investment for a $245 return. The more picks for Balmoral the better. Let's rock that handle at Balmoral even more. A track with no post bias, with drivers and horses who COMPETE. What a concept. :lol:
PK---You know the guys in charge at Balmoral tell them thanks for a job well done. Also ask if they can provide free video of there races right on there web site. I have no trouble getting video for Balmoral but I think that would be a step in the right direction.

Ray2000
05-31-2012, 07:44 AM
thx mel

I would like to know how Illinois Harness is getting it right, given the financial woes of a troubled State and a Slots Bill the governor will never sign. Is that handle increase coming from out of state?

melman
05-31-2012, 08:21 AM
Ray--Don't know the answers to your questions. Let's get PK views on this. After all it's his home grounds. Something that was great to see at Balmoral was the crowds lined up outside to watch the races. Yes real crowds and not for super star horses who pay $3.20 in non-competive races. At Chester on a nice warm day you have at most 100 people or so even paying attention. Also among that crowd at Balmoral were plenty of young people. Young female people. See BillW and myself do pay attention to the fillies. :)

precisionk
05-31-2012, 10:44 AM
Ray and PK--Good work men. Nice $12 investment for a $245 return. The more picks for Balmoral the better. Let's rock that handle at Balmoral even more. A track with no post bias, with drivers and horses who COMPETE. What a concept. :lol:
PK---You know the guys in charge at Balmoral tell them thanks for a job well done. Also ask if they can provide free video of there races right on there web site. I have no trouble getting video for Balmoral but I think that would be a step in the right direction.

I'll see if they have any plans too. It is quite nice to get live video straight from the website, but not sure if they are locked into any obligations.

precisionk
05-31-2012, 10:53 AM
Ray--Don't know the answers to your questions. Let's get PK views on this. After all it's his home grounds. Something that was great to see at Balmoral was the crowds lined up outside to watch the races. Yes real crowds and not for super star horses who pay $3.20 in non-competive races. At Chester on a nice warm day you have at most 100 people or so even paying attention. Also among that crowd at Balmoral were plenty of young people. Young female people. See BillW and myself do pay attention to the fillies. :)

Balmoral and Maywood have two things completely different then most other tracks.

-Both tracks are NOT slot fueled. So people who go to the track, go there for the actual racing and not the Harley Davidson giveaway

-Both tracks are within a stones throw away, giving both 1/2 mile and mile racing to fans of either. How many tracks in the US can you say that about?

They have provide .10 super hi 5's, .50 tri's, .10 supers. What more could you want?

Beyond all that, they have QUALITY racing. Balmoral Park is extremely unbiased when it comes to post position compared to other tracks. Not to say there isn't one, there is a small one, but with the right horse, it can be overcomed.

Driver colony is great there as well as they have stakes races and the American National in Sept. They also race YEAR AROUND on both tracks which not alot offer.

What is there not to like?