PDA

View Full Version : Larry "Thumper" Jones

nijinski
05-28-2012, 04:55 PM
He is making quite a name for himself as the Chiro / Masseuse of I'll Have Another . Is he really that good ? Doug O'Neill thinks so.
He prefers the drug free approach to healing and pf course this is good for the barn as well. I understand he has his doubters though.
Gotta say , as much as he is doing for IHA . The horse is going to be a major factor in "Thumper's" future. He has latched on to quite a marketing asset . He lucked out by getting his hands on this horse.

njcurveball
05-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Doug O'Neill thinks so.
He prefers the drug free approach to healing and pf course this is good for the barn as well.

Every once in a while this board gives me a laugh out loud till I am choking moment, this was definitely one of them! :lol:

castaway01
05-28-2012, 07:12 PM
He is making quite a name for himself as the Chiro / Masseuse of I'll Have Another . Is he really that good ? Doug O'Neill thinks so.
He prefers the drug free approach to healing and pf course this is good for the barn as well. I understand he has his doubters though.
Gotta say , as much as he is doing for IHA . The horse is going to be a major factor in "Thumper's" future. He has latched on to quite a marketing asset . He lucked out by getting his hands on this horse.

Yes, O'Neill is known for being drug-free, except for his 497 drug violations.

Cardus
05-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Oy vey.

nijinski
05-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Actually it is Mr Jones who prefers to treat the horses sans meds . Nothing
wrong with a good hearty laugh though .Happy to oblige.

BTW , Larry "Thumper" Jones is not related to the trainer , for anyone who is wondering.

nijinski
05-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Every once in a while this board gives me a laugh out loud till I am choking moment, this was definitely one of them! :lol:

I couldn't have left this out . It was for entertainment purposes .

Wingtips
05-28-2012, 09:50 PM
A good chiro can complement the standard regimen of tapping every joint.

nijinski
05-28-2012, 10:44 PM
A good chiro can complement the standard regimen of tapping every joint.
Tapping has been going on for a long time . There is a description of an ankle
tapping of a very popular and high priced syndicated horse , shortly before he ran in the Travers. Early 80's . Bill Nack wrote the piece for Sports Illustrated. I'm not in support of it before a race . Just saying , it's not a new behind the scenes procedure to point fingers at O'Neill for.