PDA

View Full Version : O'Neill arrives at Belmont Sunday morning

Grits
05-27-2012, 05:30 PM
O'Neill arrives at Belmont to watch over IHA.

http://www.drf.com/news/belmont-stakes-2012-oneill-checks-ill-have-another-likes-what-he-sees

BlinkersOn
05-27-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm betting there are a lot of people assigned to watch over O'Neill at Belmont too. He won't be lonely for sure.

nijinski
05-27-2012, 09:45 PM
O'Neill arrives at Belmont to watch over IHA.

http://www.drf.com/news/belmont-stakes-2012-oneill-checks-ill-have-another-likes-what-he-sees
So he will be galloping up to the Belmont , no timed workouts. I'm not qualified
to comment on that . He knows the horse. I'm sure there will be plenty of
chatter about it though.
I do wish the best for a win . Then the reality sets in , a nose could make a difference , like Real Quiets Belmont . It's going to be very exciting , that's
for sure. Doubt it will be easy though.

fmhealth
05-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Nijinsky, that's a very interesting point that you bring up.
Since every TC winner had at least one race over "Big Sandy". I'd
say this stacks the deck even higher against IHA winning this race.

My bet is a show bet on all entries except for IHA. If he runs OTM the prices could be very generous.

Best of luck with yet another "Rubic's Cube" of 'capping.

nijinski
05-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Nijinsky, that's a very interesting point that you bring up.
Since every TC winner had at least one race over "Big Sandy". I'd
say this stacks the deck even higher against IHA winning this race.

My bet is a show bet on all entries except for IHA. If he runs OTM the prices could be very generous.

Best of luck with yet another "Rubic's Cube" of 'capping.

The gallops may be all he needs or perhaps one could turn into a breeze.
We really don't know.
Right now, he is the best of the bunch . Who likes Belmont ? the weather , the jock and distance is key. We can only hope. IHA running out of the money
is hard to imagine. I'm sure some will try those show bets .
I think most here are rooting for the TC .Even if they cover their bets as gamblers. We really want to see him pull it off! .

Greyfox
05-28-2012, 04:11 PM
My bet is a show bet on all entries except for IHA. .

My crystal ball doesn't see anyone making much money, if at all, with that strategy.

mostpost
05-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by fmhealth

My bet is a show bet on all entries except for IHA. .

My crystal ball doesn't see anyone making much money, if at all, with that strategy.

I do not get that strategy either. If there are ten horses in the Belmont, it would cost $18 to bet all but IHA to show. You would have to get ten to one on your show horse to make money, and that would only be two dollars. It would be like a one to nine bet. You are counting on several things falling into place. First, you are counting on IHA's odds being very low-like one to five. More likely his odds will be four to five or even money. Second, you are hoping IHA will finish out of the money, which he has done only once in his career and not at all this year. Third you are hoping that a longshot will finish third. Only the last of those three things has a fair chance of happening.

Now it is true that there may be a bridgejumper or two at Belmont who will throw major money on IHA to show. That would help the odds on others but I still think the risk is much greater than the reward.