PDA

View Full Version : Side effect?

Tom
05-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Holy cow! Watching FOX House Calls program......
Zithromax......an antibiotic has a listed side effect of "sudden death!"
Uh, I think that goes beyond a side effect! :eek:

Other drugs with that same side effect......Cyanide......

HUSKER55
05-27-2012, 12:35 PM
have you ever read the entire warning label for nyquil or any other OTC drug?

Some of them will make you think before you take it. I think that is why most people don't read them.

woodtoo
05-27-2012, 01:41 PM
The ultimate painkiller=sudden death :D

CryingForTheHorses
05-27-2012, 02:19 PM
I find it amazing on how many drug commericials are on tv..For every drug they are pawning,They all seem to have lots of side effects...Why would you ever want to take any of these drugs. :bang:

Greyfox
05-27-2012, 02:31 PM
I find it amazing on how many drug commericials are on tv..For every drug they are pawning,They all seem to have lots of side effects...Why would you ever want to take any of these drugs. :bang:

Just about every medication you can think of has a list of potential side effects longer than your arm.
The risks for most of us are very slight. Yet the 1 in a million chance has to be mentioned in the Pharmaceutical Compendium (that Druggists have).
Possible complications or interactions with other meds leading to death are a side effect of many - albeit the chances are very small.
(Heck, even peanut butter is a problem for some people.)
When you see an ad on TV, the more frequent of side effects although low in probability are mentioned to cover the drug companies ass in the event of a law suit.

Tom
05-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Up until today, "anal leakage" was my worst nightmare.

CryingForTheHorses
05-27-2012, 05:46 PM

Dont they have a drug for that? :lol:

woodtoo
05-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Or a Plug.

JustRalph
05-27-2012, 10:05 PM

That stuff they put in the diet potato chips, right?

:lol:

nijinski
05-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Z-Pak is one of the most widely prescribed drug for both pediatric and adults ,
for upper respiratory infection and especially for bronchitis ,early pneumonia . I've never heard of a sudden death case .
Perhaps the illness was the cause of death before the Zithromax kicked in . Or perhaps it was allergy to it . Which is not that common either.

JustRalph
05-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Apparently i have dodged a bullet several times

Actor
05-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Dont they have a drug for that? :lol:Depends. :lol:

nijinski
05-28-2012, 02:17 AM
Apparently i have dodged a bullet several times

Looks like many of us have .

Tom
05-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Depends. :lol:

We have a winner! :lol:

Tom
05-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Dont they have a drug for that? :lol:

Yes, Zithromax! :eek:

boxcar
05-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Just about every medication you can think of has a list of potential side effects longer than your arm.
The risks for most of us are very slight. Yet the 1 in a million chance has to be mentioned in the Pharmaceutical Compendium (that Druggists have).
Possible complications or interactions with other meds leading to death are a side effect of many - albeit the chances are very small.
(Heck, even peanut butter is a problem for some people.)
When you see an ad on TV, the more frequent of side effects although low in probability are mentioned to cover the drug companies ass in the event of a law suit.

Actually, the risks are much greater than "very slight". I know a few people who are having problems with their prescription drugs. Putting those unnatural chemicals in your body cannot be good, generally speaking. And in some cases, mixing with other drugs isn't even the issue! But we're in a drug culture whether we like it or not. It's mind-boggling how many kids are on drugs today! It will be a miracle for those kids to grow up normally.

Boxcar

cj's dad
05-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Holy cow! Watching FOX House Calls program......
Zithromax......an antibiotic has a listed side effect of "sudden death!"
Uh, I think that goes beyond a side effect! :eek:

Other drugs with that same side effect......Cyanide......

I'm taking that now for an URI.

If I don't post for a few days contact cj via PM.

sandpit
05-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Actually, the risks are much greater than "very slight". I know a few people who are having problems with their prescription drugs. Putting those unnatural chemicals in your body cannot be good, generally speaking. And in some cases, mixing with other drugs isn't even the issue! But we're in a drug culture whether we like it or not. It's mind-boggling how many kids are on drugs today! It will be a miracle for those kids to grow up normally.

Boxcar

I have a cardiologist friend who believes that there is no such thing as "side effects". All drugs simply have effects, whether it is their main target of the plethora of other things they do to an individual. I can see his point; it's really just a matter of semantics.

Grits
05-28-2012, 11:08 PM
I have a cardiologist friend who believes that there is no such thing as "side effects". All drugs simply have effects, whether it is their main target of the plethora of other things they do to an individual. I can see his point; it's really just a matter of semantics.

Sand, if your cardiologist friend is thoroughly convinced that his knowledge, his opinion is accurate, there's a fine book I'd love for him to read. Every person with an elderly parent, family member, or every person 65+ should have a copy.

Top Screwups Doctors Make And How To Avoid Them: Top 10 Doctor Errors--Top 10 Pharmacist Errors--Diagnostic Disasters--Preventing Hospital Screwups -- authors, Joe Graedon, MS and Teresa Graedon, PhD,

Mistakes are made every single day, mistakes of which, consequences are not reversible, and too, which cost lives. Many doctors fail, miserably, on their knowledge of drug contraindications. Also, doctors often don't communicate well with each other, ie, primary physician, cardiologist, neurologist, pulmonologist, etc. They're too busy. (This being an unacceptable excuse.)