PDA

View Full Version : Florida anyone live there from this forum?

marcus
01-06-2004, 01:19 PM
Hi, does anyone live there who is as keen on racing as i am, that wants to chat about usa/uk horse racing, thanks marcus

Buddha
01-06-2004, 04:16 PM
I am sure there are people from Florida on here. Now are they as keen as you, what does that mean? Does that mean they are as boisterous or flamboyant as you? That they have to let everyone know how many winners they pick? That they want to let people know they use 97000 factors? I dont know if there is anyone like that.

Sorry for the little rant. Just have been tired of seeing how you pick X numbers and know X ways to win, etc. People don't need to hear it everyday, or ever for that matter. If you want to show how good you are, then refer to the post in the software section about your ROI, or something other than saying you can pick X winners. Anyone can pick them. Do you bet them? Do you show a profit? Do you think half of the people on the board care to read it?

Anyways, again I am sorry for the rant. I will say no more on this topic or anything that you post unless relevant to me.

lousycapperII
01-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by marcus
Hi, does anyone live there who is as keen on racing as i am, that wants to chat about usa/uk horse racing, thanks marcus

Mr. Marcus,

:D Sure, let's chat...you go first...I'm shy. :D

-LCII

marcus
01-06-2004, 04:56 PM
Thanks, at least you are decent enough to be polite about your rant, yes i agree with you but i have to say in my defence people e-mailed/thread me saying if i am what i state i am prove it which resulted in me sending out e-mails as what to do about winning here in the uk, i even got the pa (host) e-mailing me why didnt i send him the details then he would vouche for me. This i did last night and again today before the races were of in the uk which resulted in a lay bet in the 12.30 Lingfield which i stated you can put as much money on it as you like to lose the race (even though this horse is trained by the top trainer on the all weather and won it last year) result it came 4th which i got 80/1 on a lay bet. The other i stated about Lady Predominant in the 2.10 Lingfield but need to speak to ian (champion jockey on all weather last year) mongan about his ride Princess Ismene and would get back to him after 12.00 pm. This i did as good to my word i e-mailed pa with 3 horses 1,2,3 these being Princess Ismene, Redback and Lady Predominant . The result was 1st Princess Ismene 7/2 or 6/1 on betting exchanges, 2nd Redbank evens, 3/1 at best and 4th Lady Predominant . So im sorry but people have asked me to prove it and when i do they still dont like it 12 out of 12 winning bets as e-mailed to people and 6 out of 6 at Wetherby winning bets , Truely im only trying to help people and it has cost them nothing, all they have to have is access to live uk racing and an internet account, simple anyway thanks once again , nice picture i take it thats you , reminds me of sunny Florida kind regards big guy/marcus

lousycapperII
01-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Mr. Marcus,

I think what the folks around here would like to know, if you make a wager, what would your expected return be, on average...assuming you bet #1,000,000 per year. In other words your return on total invested capital, not your starting bank?

Thank you,

-LCII

SandyE
01-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Hello Bubba, and Marcus I use to live in Florida, in the Ocala Gainsville area. Know racing but almost nadda about punting. The horses are what got me interested in the sport and what have kept me interested over the years.

Looking forward to the TC and if we do indeed have a TC winner. There looks like a couple of probables in the 3 year olds, just like every year. Perhaps this will indeed be the year of a TC winner. PA need smiley with feathers sticking out of mouth 'cause there aren't any. Okay big grin will have to do then. lol
:D :cool:

marcus
01-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Thanks for info , why in New Jersey ? Florida is the Sunshine state so they say can anywhere be better than that ? regards marcus

SandyE
01-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Because I was born and raised here and have kin here. The area I live in I have at least 4 racecourses to pick from if I was so inclined to travel to. Probably more. I've got Monmouth Park which is half an hour away. Also have Phily, Deleware, Aqueduct, belmont, Saratoga, Penn National, Atlantic City. There is also the harness racecourse in Freehold, but I don't follow the buggys. Farhills for the jumpers/chasers, if I want to expand on the travel thing I could also encomposs Pimlico, Laural, and also Fairhills.
I don't miss the Fire-ants, and Aligators but the area was pretty good as far as horses are concerned. Had to move back up to New Jersey back in '92 due to death in the family, and have been living here ever since.

marcus
01-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss, i think i can understand the move not knowing anywhere else other than Florida and Vegas in the USA, it sounds pretty good where you are lots of race courses and no fire ants can understand that one ! good luck hope things work out kind regards marcus.

freeneasy
01-09-2004, 08:01 PM
so you put up 1, one dollar to make 80, eighty dollars, on a favorite to lose.
and what, oh i pray thee, were the odds on same horse to win? hapless minds like ours await so sterling a composition.
i know how you got 80-1 against. you told all your clientele "that if ever there was a horse to win, then this was the horse to retire on", then took their book.
what a crock.
you need to beat it on down the line, so why dont you be a good little huckster and do that.

freeneasy
01-09-2004, 08:03 PM
:p

VetScratch
01-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Marcus,

You can crash at our place until you get your digs furnished and ready for housekeeping.

From Miami International Airport:
1: Start out going West on NW 21ST ST toward TERMINAL. 0.2 miles Map
2: Stay straight to go onto PARKING. 0.1 miles Map
3: Turn LEFT onto TERMINAL. 0.0 miles Map
4: Turn LEFT onto AIRPORT EXIT. 0.1 miles Map
5: Stay straight to go onto NW 21ST ST. 0.1 miles Map
6: Merge onto AIRPORT EXWY/FL-112 E toward I-95 N/BEACHES (Portions toll). 4.4 miles Map
7: Take the I-95 S exit toward DOWNTOWN. 0.2 miles Map
8: Take the I-95 N exit on the left toward FT. LAUDERDALE/ORLANDO. 0.4 miles Map
9: Take the exit. 0.2 miles Map
10: Merge onto I-95 N/FL-9A N. 6.6 miles Map
11: Take the I-95-HOV N exit on the left. 0.1 miles Map
12: Merge onto I-95 HOV LN N. 1.7 miles Map
13: I-95 HOV LN N becomes I-95 N. 12.6 miles Map
14: Take the SR-842/BROWARD BLVD exit- exit number 27- toward DOWNTOWN. 0.9 miles Map
15: Take the ramp toward FT LAUDERDALE/DOWNTOWN. 0.1 miles Map
16: Merge onto W BROWARD BLVD/FL-842 E. 1.6 miles Map
17: Turn RIGHT onto SE 3RD AVE/FL-842. 0.2 miles Map
18: Turn LEFT onto E LAS OLAS BLVD/FL-842 E. 1.5 miles Map
19: Turn LEFT onto SE 23RD AVE. 0.2 miles Map
20: Turn RIGHT onto PELICAN DR. 0.2 miles Map
21: End at gate on turnaround on International Waterway.

My cousin Kirk is already there but is hard to catch at home... spare key under ceramic dolphin beside front door. Give me your arrival date, and I'll forewarn Kirk.

lousycapperII
01-13-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by VetScratch
Marcus,

You can crash at our place until you get your digs furnished and ready for housekeeping.

My cousin Kirk is already there but is hard to catch at home... spare key under ceramic dolphin beside front door. Give me your arrival date, and I'll forewarn Kirk.

Ms. VetScratch,

:D Make sure to increase your homeowner's insurance...I betcha, you'll need it! Ha, ha! :D

-LCII

VetScratch
01-13-2004, 04:01 AM
LCII,
I'm not totally naive about Internet risks! The key is only for the gatehouse, which should suffice unless Marcus arrives with a really big clan. :D :D :D :D

Tom
01-13-2004, 06:27 PM
19: Turn LEFT onto SE 23RD AVE. 0.2 miles Map

Should be .5 miles.
;)

VetScratch
01-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Oops, my mistake... Marcus, bring your wetsuit! :)

BTW, there's another mistake picked up as a bad habit in childhood, like wanting to pronounce the "w" in sword... old habits are hard to break.