PDA

View Full Version : TwinSpires TV 5/26/12

Equifan
05-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Looks like TwinSpires TV are still having their problems. I've tried logging out.in, switching browsers, ect, Nothing doing.

Individual video links seem OK but TSTV has me hooked on using the program to find Key races :bang:

Equifan
05-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Simple fix - post problem on Pace Advantage, Voilą, problem fixed!!

JustRalph
05-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Try this.

I called Verizon FIOS late last night. Trying to add TVG and HRTV to my plan. The on screen menu says it's available for 3 bucks a month. It won't let me authorize it on screen due to a network error. "Call support"

I want it for the last few months I am in this house/Belmont etc.

I get through to a nice young lady who cannot find it on their menu.

Then I get transferred to some dude who found it but cannot figure out how to add it. I get another guy who tells me that it's not available in my area ?

When they wanted to transfer me to someone else........ i told them to shove it.

So I guess I am stuck with Twinspires on the Apple TV via the Ipad.

Zydeco
05-26-2012, 03:11 PM
ralph, I have fios and i had to order the sports package for like 9 dollars a month to get hrtv and tvg. Now I have the ultimate HD package and they are included.

JustRalph
05-26-2012, 03:42 PM
ralph, I have fios and i had to order the sports package for like 9 dollars a month to get hrtv and tvg. Now I have the ultimate HD package and they are included.

Thanks for the tip. Now I know what to ask for. I guess I will give it another try later.

fast4522
05-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Perhaps its the $3 add on that has a nop in the system. TVG is part of a $10 add on that gives several other channels in my area. I too had trouble adding TVG on the first attempt, the easy thing to try is a different day and someone else on the phone. TVG's coverage of Belmont is right there but any one of us here on Pace Advantage could do a better job hosting the show than the people doing it now.

turninforhome10
05-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Looks like TwinSpires TV are still having their problems. I've tried logging out.in, switching browsers, ect, Nothing doing.

Individual video links seem OK but TSTV has me hooked on using the program to find Key races :bang:

Sent an e-mail

Customer By Email 05/26/2012 08:58 PM
What is the problem with the video for those using windows media player. Buffered and very slow. Is this a new standard?

Response

Right now we are experiencing issues with our video. We have notified the right people and they are working on it as we speak, hopefully it will be fixed very shortly. I am sorry for the inconvenience, if you have any other questions or concerns please let me know.

Been working on it all day evidently.

molson721
05-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Sent an e-mail

Customer By Email 05/26/2012 08:58 PM
What is the problem with the video for those using windows media player. Buffered and very slow. Is this a new standard?

Response

Right now we are experiencing issues with our video. We have notified the right people and they are working on it as we speak, hopefully it will be fixed very shortly. I am sorry for the inconvenience, if you have any other questions or concerns please let me know.

Been working on it all day evidently.
I'VE HAD MORE PROBLEMS IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS WITH TWINSPIRES THAN I'VE HAD IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. AFTER THE AWFUL DERBY DAY EXPERIENCE AND NOW WITH THESE CONTINUING PROBLEMS, I'M FINALLY GIVING UP ON THEM AND FINDING ANOTHER WAGERING SERVICE!!! Sorry, I didn't realize I had the caps lock on.

Hoofless_Wonder
05-27-2012, 09:16 PM
I've also had lots of problems with Twinspires the last couple of weeks, but sometimes it's been Roberts not able to stream the video properly - assuming that when both Twinspires and Xpressbet can't display a video stream it's not their fault.

Yesterday I experienced the "no channels available at this time" error message from TS for the first time, after it had been working earlier in the morning, carrying races from the UK and South Africa. Got that same error again tonight, though the signal was back up before long.

Just sad.

duncan04
05-27-2012, 11:23 PM
I'VE HAD MORE PROBLEMS IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS WITH TWINSPIRES THAN I'VE HAD IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. AFTER THE AWFUL DERBY DAY EXPERIENCE AND NOW WITH THESE CONTINUING PROBLEMS, I'M FINALLY GIVING UP ON THEM AND FINDING ANOTHER WAGERING SERVICE!!! Sorry, I didn't realize I had the caps lock on.

Good luck with that!!

JustRalph
05-27-2012, 11:50 PM
I'VE HAD MORE PROBLEMS IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS WITH TWINSPIRES THAN I'VE HAD IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. AFTER THE AWFUL DERBY DAY EXPERIENCE AND NOW WITH THESE CONTINUING PROBLEMS, I'M FINALLY GIVING UP ON THEM AND FINDING ANOTHER WAGERING SERVICE!U!! Sorry, I didn't realize I had the caps lock on.

Me too.......

iceknight
05-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Great start to first race in Belmont today.. Twinspires TV has streaming issues at the final 40 yards of R1. Just great just great! :bang: Maybe I should just look at equibase charts a day later.

iceknight
06-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Great start to first race in Belmont today.. Twinspires TV has streaming issues at the final 40 yards of R1. Just great just great! :bang: Maybe I should just look at equibase charts a day later.

This suggestion was sent to me after a second technical support request:

The TV seems to be working fine on my computer. I suggest that you log out of your account, delete your temporary internet files/cookies and then restart your web browser. If this does not help, you may need to call customer service and speak with someone in technical support.

Doing that yielded some improvement. However, i am not sure if the improvement was due to me removing ALL the cache on my browser or if it would have worked if I removed selectively only twinspires cookies. However, the video still freezes lot of times right in the stretch.. magical & priceless! So live racing is out of question now, as I hate hanging in suspense for 5 mins over who crossed 1st, 2nd etc.

Equifan
06-02-2012, 09:59 AM
IMO, rather than letting users sit out here - checking connections, rebooting routers, clearing cache's, rebooting systems, etc etc if TS would simply acknowledge when there is a problem, that alone would drop my level of frustration.

Twin Spires, are you listening? Abandon the Ostrich Position!! :bang:

dkithore
06-02-2012, 11:19 PM
IMO, rather than letting users sit out here - checking connections, rebooting routers, clearing cache's, rebooting systems, etc etc if TS would simply acknowledge when there is a problem, that alone would drop my level of frustration.

Twin Spires, are you listening? Abandon the Ostrich Position!! :bang:

Is there a better ADW than Twinspires? I hope there is.I am tired of their blue r green screens at critical moments in the racing. At least some of u get response, I didn't have much luck in that department, If they hardly ever respond, they are meaningless finger pointing like, "Roberts Communications did it?"

DK

iceknight
06-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Is there a better ADW than Twinspires? I hope there is.I am tired of their blue r green screens at critical moments in the racing. At least some of u get response, I didn't have much luck in that department, If they hardly ever respond, they are meaningless finger pointing like, "Roberts Communications did it?"

DK

Better, in which way?
if you want cash rebates (and do not care for lack of NYRA tracks) then BETPTC.COM or IDABET are good. There are also others I have not used. Betptc is good for batch uploading as well as placing super bets. Idabet is good for cool promos.

Regards a simple interface and good overall coverage: Xpressbet is good. Easy to deposit money and withdraw etc, you can do any dollar amount from 1 to 1000 using Checking account ACH. Twinspires constrains it to 25 to add or take out.

I have Xpressbet, Idabet and Betptc for over a year to 6 months now.

joined twinspires just now in early May to see if they were good. Yes, they have additional bells and whistles, free BRIS pps (if u wager) etc..
but if I cannot see the last 20 secs of many races live, then I might as well place the bets and not view races at all.

TwinSpires JC
06-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback about TwinSpires.com video. We certainly are used to providing our players a better experience than demonstrated over the last few weeks.

There are a couple of things in play.

1) The Aqua Blue Screen - this has indeed been an issue with our video service provider (Roberts Communications) that impacts multiple ADWs including TwinSpires. We have been working with Roberts since experiencing this issue and will continue to work with them to prevent it from occuring in the future. As a few of the posters mentioned, we had a very long run of smooth video operations with Roberts until these issues popped up.

2) No Channels Available - this was a TwinSpires.com bug which has been identified and fixed.

If anyone here feels they are not getting a propper reponse from our Player Services department, feel free to reach out to me directly.

We are constantly looking to improve our product, services and offerings. If anyone has any feedback about TwinSpires.com, please send it my way.

Thanks,

Jeremy Clemons
VP Marketing
jeremy.clemons@twinspires.com

Equifan
06-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Hi Jerry,

I'll give you one Attaboy for posting here on PA.
To gain additional Gold Stars how about Twin Spires figures out a way to notify, via the wagering interface (login?), when *TS* is experiencing difficulties, instead of leaving the customer (us) wondering if it's a local (our) glitch.

Regards,
Stan

TwinSpires JC
06-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback Stan. When there are system wide issues we have the capability to provide alerts via a red or yellow bar at the top of the page. We have had the need to use this a few times. Also, there is a scrolling announcement bar we use as well if it is a smaller issue.

One opportunity for improvement is notification when there are regional issues. The way video content delivery networks operate now you get video from local servers. If there are certain parts of the country experience poor video service we can see it through technology on our end. We should find a way to make that information available to you. We'll certainly work on that.

Thanks again for the feedback. Feel free to contact me directly any time.

iceknight
06-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the feedback Stan. When there are system wide issues we have the capability to provide alerts via a red or yellow bar at the top of the page. We have had the need to use this a few times. Also, there is a scrolling announcement bar we use as well if it is a smaller issue.

One opportunity for improvement is notification when there are regional issues. The way video content delivery networks operate now you get video from local servers. If there are certain parts of the country experience poor video service we can see it through technology on our end. We should find a way to make that information available to you. We'll certainly work on that.

Thanks again for the feedback. Feel free to contact me directly any time.
So you provide "Alerts" via a red or yellow bar.. It basically tells that you have a problem. What I am more concerned is to find out if you have some special "Frustration Software" loaded to your video servers that works so that no matter what length race one is watching (6F or 9F etc), the video stream hangs for a few seconds between the quarter pole and the wire. Sometimes, I dont get to see the result. Sometimes (like today at BEL R2 - 6f race), I missed the move from quarter pole to about 10 ft from wire.