PDA

View Full Version : Pena Penalty and Thoroughbred racing

GARY Z
05-26-2012, 06:59 AM
It should now be easier to remember Pena, as the first 4 letters of
penalty= his last name.

There is one segment of this penalty that I've recommended during the past years that
should signficantly protect the horses and the public for all racing events.

Demanding remibursement from owners whose horses finished in the money
would effectively cause owners to flee from their magicians and, probably lead to lawsuits against the trainer leading to the elimination
of these bums and affording better safety controls to the horse,jockey
and those wagering on races.
That said, there are owners who blink on the use of drugs, and those clowns
who continually won races with their "magicians" could also be banished
from racing before protesting they had "no clue". I'd believe trainers,
once nailed, might implicate these type of owners.

Any astute handicapper today can easily see the form reveral when certain
trainers get a claimed horse under their control.Throughout the years
several unkown trainers appear with astounding winning patterns.

Importantly, very few of these trainers get quality horses because of that
very issue, and simply stay below the radar winning in lower claimers.

Hopefully this penalty sticks and with the balance of the law pertaining
to owner punishment maybe this game will recapture lost fans.

lamboguy
05-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Gary, i would say that is a good step towards the solution to the ills of this sport.

what most gamblers fail to comprehend is that bettors and ownership are the top two key components of this sport. not trainers, people that work at racetracks, and people that manage race tracks.

when there is no accountability, there is no game. ultra strict rules and penalty's can only be good for this game.

there is no such thing as a trainer winning at 35% of the time, and running second anther 50% of the time that can lead to anything but the eventual demise of this sport.

there are to many variables that can happen during a race which makes it impossible to go the plate and have a .350 batting average in the long run.

the next thing that i think would help would be to limit the amount of ownership by one owner, and limit the size of stables that trainers can train on the track. and to go even further, if any trainer does not maintain a 10% win rate, he should not be licensed the following year.

these points are so simple, yet so hard to comprehend for anyone running this game its insane. i have always said that $100 million handles on saturday afternoons in Belmont and Saratoga along with other tracks throughout the land is real easy to achieve. with those type of numbers a racetrack can actually be just as profitable as slot machines, and would instill a very healthy sport.

its really just a question of time before we shall see a big change, if we don't the game will die a slow death.

rastajenk
05-26-2012, 09:05 AM
And if we adopt some of these, like the 10% win rate, the sport will die a quick death.

lamboguy
05-26-2012, 11:26 AM
And if we adopt some of these, like the 10% win rate, the sport will die a quick death.
i think you should take a look at racing over in Hong Kong and Japan whom already have those rules in place. they do nothing but increase their handles every single year.