PDA

View Full Version : the end of science fiction trainers

lamboguy
05-24-2012, 05:22 PM
they just banned clen in the state of california. this is going to spread all over now.

railbird
05-24-2012, 05:33 PM
What,s Clen ?????

BIG49010
05-24-2012, 05:43 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clenbuterol

Producer
05-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Clenbuterol is a drug used to help people with breathing disorders typically. It has other known benefits also. Wikipedia it if you want to know all the things it is used for.

This is the substance the Spanish cyclist Alberto Contador was banned for 2 years for testing positive for after the 2010 Tour de France.

Isn't California the only state that allowed the use of Bute on horses anyway?

lamboguy
05-24-2012, 05:51 PM
clen can clean up mucus inside the lungs. often times that symptom lingers. my problem is they can add other stuff and mix it in with the clen that no drug test can pick up. IF there is drug cheating with designer drugs, it is done in conjunction with the clen.

california had to ban the stuff. it used to be illegal in new york as well. i never like to use any drugs on my horses because in the long run the horse will deteriorate with time and you have no horse. i don't like bute lasix or adequan or kentucky red or whatever i don't know about. drugging up horse is above my comprehension level.

andicap
05-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Really? Don't u think the bad guys will find some other way to cheat? There are dozens of designer drugs out there that the labs can't identify yet.

The only answer is more severe penalties for those caught using the drugs. Make the risk more dangerous then the reward.

Why wouldn't you cheat if the offense generally carries a slap on the wrist unless -- like Dutrow -- you get caught about 50 times.

Even trainers who DON'T want to cheat are being forced to find some answer just in the name of survival. Just like Barry Bonds who claimed he only started to take the cream when he saw himself eclipsed by McGwire, Sosa and others on the stuff.

pondman
05-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Even trainers who DON'T want to cheat are being forced to find some answer just in the name of survival. .

You'd be hard pressed to find a horse in California that is drug free. Most. as in the majority, are drug addicts. It doesn't become questionable until they win purse money. And this doesn't just apply to low life's. Historically, most of the Hall of Fame trainers in Cal use drugs as a tool. Go back and look at some of Whittingham's footage. He was honest about using street narcotics on horses.

Valuist
05-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Clenbuterol is a drug used to help people with breathing disorders typically. It has other known benefits also. Wikipedia it if you want to know all the things it is used for.

This is the substance the Spanish cyclist Alberto Contador was banned for 2 years for testing positive for after the 2010 Tour de France.

Isn't California the only state that allowed the use of Bute on horses anyway?

Clenbuterol or Phenylbutazone?

jasperson
05-25-2012, 01:15 PM
clen can clean up mucus inside the lungs. often times that symptom lingers. my problem is they can add other stuff and mix it in with the clen that no drug test can pick up. IF there is drug cheating with designer drugs, it is done in conjunction with the clen.

california had to ban the stuff. it used to be illegal in new york as well. i never like to use any drugs on my horses because in the long run the horse will deteriorate with time and you have no horse. i don't like bute lasix or adequan or kentucky red or whatever i don't know about. drugging up horse is above my comprehension level.
That is true if you drug your horse pretty soon you have no horse. We raced our trotters and pacers in the midwest fairs during the 40"s 50's and 60's where there wasn't any drug testing and we had some druggers around. The drugged horse could beat you for a race or two but some even with drugs the couldn't beat a fat man later. You could just see the condition of their horses falling off. Their coats would look bad and they didn't have any life left. If you loved your horses like we did you race them on oats, hay and vitamines