PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, whats on your mind?

senortout
05-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Today, I ask your indulgence. I saw a race yesterday that did not feel right. It would be normal to tell you the details. Starting with track, race number, and all the reasons I thought something was wrong with the race.

Then I asked myself, whats the good of a forum, if not to discover things about yourself, and others, things you may have similar feelings about, and things left unsaid. A sort of 'resigned to the realization' that, after all, we have no control over much of anything.

Now, remember we are trying to recall specifics of races we saw Wednesday, May 24, 2012.

I hope to see references to the race I have in mind, only without further prompting.

(could this have any use in future) hopefully, senortout
ps....my only clue to you, and no not a redboard under these circumstances........I had the winner, and DID NOT think that I should have cashed.

Greyfox
05-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Now, remember we are trying to recall specifics of races we saw Wednesday, May 24, 2012.

I hope to see references to the race I have in mind, only without further prompting.

We're not mind readers.
There were X number of races ran yesterday at Y number of tracks.
If you are thinking about a specific race and we're supposed to figure out which one, there is a slim chance of that happening.:rolleyes:

senortout
05-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Ok, thats a given though. Of course you are correct. Others may have a memory flash from yesterday. Wait this out.

No wrong answers here.

philofbelloni
05-24-2012, 06:25 PM
4th or 5th at Delaware? Can't recall but definately involved the Jamie Ness runner falling apart.

philofbelloni
05-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Or the Dutrow AE in the 4th at Belmont?

senortout
05-24-2012, 07:17 PM
no, no, and no. Midwest track...and w/earlier clue, this eliminates a bunch. Thanks for participating....2nd clue...midwest track

Robert Fischer
05-24-2012, 08:26 PM
a favorite you liked and bet that didn't win ?

;):ThmbUp: sorry couldn't resist

tucker6
05-24-2012, 08:46 PM
you mean Wednesday the 23rd, correct?

senortout
05-25-2012, 01:47 AM
I got the date wrong.

Wednesday May23 rd
Race three
Indiana Downs.
Had the winner.
Should have been dq'd
Wasn't.
Race went nearly four seconds slower than same horse last race on same strip, both rated fast. Other race times Wednesday corroborate speed of strip.
Jockey did everything he could to prevent the horse from winning. Horse would have none of it. Jockey even steered horse into path of another. Stewards did hold inquiry but let result stand.

It was just all too blatant and the stewards weren't buying it. In that regard I believe the stewards did the right thing in letting the result stand.

Watch the race. I welcome your comments whatever they are.

Oh and I forgot,,,,,there was more money wagered in this race than any other race. More money in the mutuals(w,pl,show) in the exacta, in the tri, and in the super! WHY?

GatetoWire
05-25-2012, 07:54 PM
I think you might want to watch that replay again.
Horse got bumped leaving the gate. Had another horse outside him the whole race trying to pin him to the rail and then a tiring horse bearing out in front of him.
Jockey doesn't look like he doesn't want to win...forces his way out of a trap to get free and then works on him right through the wire while the horse is trying to lug in down the stretch.

Greyfox
05-25-2012, 08:30 PM
I got the date wrong.

Wednesday May23 rd
Race three
Indiana Downs.
Had the winner.
Should have been dq'd
Wasn't.
Race went nearly four seconds slower than same horse last race on same strip, both rated fast. Other race times Wednesday corroborate speed of strip.
Jockey did everything he could to prevent the horse from winning. Horse would have none of it. Jockey even steered horse into path of another. Stewards did hold inquiry but let result stand.

It was just all too blatant and the stewards weren't buying it. In that regard I believe the stewards did the right thing in letting the result stand.

Watch the race. I welcome your comments whatever they are.

Oh and I forgot,,,,,there was more money wagered in this race than any other race. More money in the mutuals(w,pl,show) in the exacta, in the tri, and in the super! WHY?

You mean that you hung this board in suspension for 2 days for this revelation. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

iceknight
05-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Not me.. I just read everything up in 20 seconds!! But surely the original poster is in the leagues of those who believe we have never been to moon etc.

Vengeance of Rain
05-25-2012, 10:44 PM
I had the winner, and DID NOT think that I should have cashed.
In that case donate it.

You obviously have such a strong feeling here so make it right and whatever it was you won? Give it to a thoroughbred retirement charity.

therussmeister
05-26-2012, 05:24 AM
I think you might want to watch that replay again.
Horse got bumped leaving the gate. Had another horse outside him the whole race trying to pin him to the rail and then a tiring horse bearing out in front of him.
Jockey doesn't look like he doesn't want to win...forces his way out of a trap to get free and then works on him right through the wire while the horse is trying to lug in down the stretch.
I agree 100%. Horse was erratic in the stretch, but the jockey had nothing to do with that, and did all he could to hold off the late charge of the second place horse.

The very slow final time is odd considering the fractions are not slow, and I would look at the possibility of a timer malfunction.