PDA

View Full Version : Don't act like Okies!!!

maddog42
05-24-2012, 10:06 AM
This guy from Minnesota seems a bit jealous. When was the last time they were any good? Couple years at least. Any team in the NBA would be glad to play for our crowd.

http://newsok.com/dont-act-like-okies-minnesota/article/3678087

Robert Fischer
05-24-2012, 10:48 AM
This guy from Minnesota seems a bit jealous. When was the last time they were any good? Couple years at least. Any team in the NBA would be glad to play for our crowd.

http://newsok.com/dont-act-like-okies-minnesota/article/3678087

yea

What he's saying is fairly rational, except for the fact that is FUN to be a part of the crowd and feed off that energy. :jump:

cj
05-24-2012, 11:48 AM
The guy is a bitter T-Wolves fan. Outside of a few years with KG, they have always sucked.

Bettowin
05-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Don't know what he is talking about. Minnesota won a basketball title last year, WNBA LOL!

Valuist
05-24-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm confused here. Was the writer of the story from Minnesota? Or did the Ok City paper re-run a column written by a Minneapolis writer?

In any event, I was more amused by the story about the twin sisters who were strippers and a fight involving a baseball bat.

Bettowin
05-24-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm confused here. Was the writer of the story from Minnesota? Or did the Ok City paper re-run a column written by a Minneapolis writer?

In any event, I was more amused by the story about the twin sisters who were strippers and a fight involving a baseball bat.

Jim Souhan has been a Minnesota sportswriter for many years. I assumed the OKC paper re-ran his article.

maddog42
05-24-2012, 01:34 PM
The whole world is about to find out what many of us in Okieland already know.
We have the best athletes in the NBA. The Spurs have the best most unselfish
team concept in the NBA. Also we have the noisiest, most enthusiastic crowd in the NBA. I still favor the Spurs in this series, but we will stop the Win streak.

cj
05-24-2012, 02:16 PM
I always laugh at the "Okies", "hicks" and "rednecks" stuff too. I really don't mind it. I find it funny, but I will add a different perspective.

I grew up a city boy in Baltimore, and not a nice part either. I lived in New Jersey for 10 years, near Trenton, then Wichita Falls, TX. From there I lived in a Maryland suburb of DC, then Cheyenne, WY. I then came to Oklahoma, moved to Belgium, and have now settled in OK again.

I've also traveled pretty much everywhere including Minnesota. The only states I haven't visited are Washington, Maine, and Hawaii. Say what you will about Oklahoma, I doubt we would ever elect a steroid shooting whack job professional wrestler to be our governor. I also am not sure I'd be ripping a place when my home town has a mall as the big attraction.

I think I have a better perspective than most on the country. OKC isn't much different than any other big city. There are so many pluses, and few minuses, that I CHOSE to live here. I like cities. I would never live in the sticks. People that try to act like this is some hick town are clueless.

JustRalph
05-24-2012, 05:26 PM
This team might be available for them

feE1G2sJty0

Canarsie
05-24-2012, 07:55 PM
I always laugh at the "Okies", "hicks" and "rednecks" stuff too. I really don't mind it. I find it funny, but I will add a different perspective.

I grew up a city boy in Baltimore, and not a nice part either. I lived in New Jersey for 10 years, near Trenton, then Wichita Falls, TX. From there I lived in a Maryland suburb of DC, then Cheyenne, WY. I then came to Oklahoma, moved to Belgium, and have now settled in OK again.

I've also traveled pretty much everywhere including Minnesota. The only states I haven't visited are Washington, Maine, and Hawaii. Say what you will about Oklahoma, I doubt we would ever elect a steroid shooting whack job professional wrestler to be our governor. I also am not sure I'd be ripping a place when my home town has a mall as the big attraction.

I think I have a better perspective than most on the country. OKC isn't much different than any other big city. There are so many pluses, and few minuses, that I CHOSE to live here. I like cities. I would never live in the sticks. People that try to act like this is some hick town are clueless.

Wow I haven't heard that term in a long time. Just yesterday somebody said San Antonio was the seventh largest city in the USA and that shocked me. Just looked up OKC and its 31st and has a larger population than a bunch of NBA teams including Minneapolis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

I spent ten days in Bristow, Oklahoma forty years ago and it was a blast had a great time.

ElKabong
05-24-2012, 08:26 PM
canarsie,

SA being 7th largest city in the US is mainly b/c that town has lightly populated 'burbs than most metro areas. It's not big enuff to support a MLB franchise (although they have supported the Spurs for decades, whereas okc only recently gained a franchise.

The "newness" of finally having a major league team will wear off on the okies....I'd say midway thru their 2nd losing yr now that they've tasted a winner. How many yrs has okc had a major league franchise? 3 years? Four?

I don't have a high regard for okc (the city). To each their own.

ElKabong
05-24-2012, 08:34 PM

The writer is doing a comedy piece.... Okies bite the hook and run.....Sun rises in the east....

Good catch on the twin strippers going Juan Marichal on someone in a bar. I liked the one about the kid that shot 8 people in the Bricktown area.....and the one about the woman in OK that was sentenced to Life for shoplifting.....Happenin' place! :)

maddog42
05-25-2012, 12:03 AM
canarsie,

SA being 7th largest city in the US is mainly b/c that town has lightly populated 'burbs than most metro areas. It's not big enuff to support a MLB franchise (although they have supported the Spurs for decades, whereas okc only recently gained a franchise.

The "newness" of finally having a major league team will wear off on the okies....I'd say midway thru their 2nd losing yr now that they've tasted a winner. How many yrs has okc had a major league franchise? 3 years? Four?

I don't have a high regard for okc (the city). To each their own.

How surprising that you "don't have a high regard " for Okc. I am shocked!!!

ElKabong
05-25-2012, 12:54 AM
as I said...to each their own.

Send those twin strippers with the Louisville Slugger down our way. The circus will be in town soon, that act would be a hit....