PDA

View Full Version : form

kenwoodallpromos
01-06-2004, 06:36 AM
Does horse's condition or form mean much?

sq764
01-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Absolutely!!

Harness horses race every week, for the most part. If they have a 2-3 week gap, you should be very cautious. The only exception is classy trotters.. They typically can afford 10-14 days off and be sharp.

Shacopate
01-07-2004, 03:30 AM
I used to dabble with harness racing at the Red Mile because I love live racing.

And we all know that Keeneland sees "live racing" as a necessary evil.

Open 30 days a year, focused on sales, and has still yet, as promised, to provide its patrons with a state-of-the-art handicapping facility.

Anyway, (back to topic) I hate it when I bet a "live' horse that breaks stride.

That really sucks.

Exactaman
01-07-2004, 11:26 PM
form is the key to harness. the horses race every week and are very true to form.

No one enjoys it when their horse breaks, but that's part of the game. Compared to other pitfalls, say being blocked in the stretch for example, it doesn't happen often.

kenwoodallpromos
01-08-2004, 12:43 AM
I have not really started playing because there seemed to be a lack of information available, but maybe it would suit my handicapping style for WPS- consistency and current form=condition.

trying2win
01-08-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
I have not really started playing because there seemed to be a lack of information available, but maybe it would suit my handicapping style for WPS- consistency and current form=condition.

Ken,

--There are good sources of information on harness handicapping material out there, if you're interested in searching them out. Of course, there's the initial expenditure in purchasing good harness handicapping books, newsletters, videos, past performance programs etc. to start with. Then there's the paying-your-dues in studying these materials. Next, applying the knowledge gained with paper bets. Then, after gaining some confidence in your abilities, making small bets with real money (important, because as we all find out... paper bets ALWAYS work out better than bets with real money!).

--In conclusion, with regards to harness race handicapping, a wise, old phrase comes to mind..."The only place SUCCESS comes before WORK, is in the dictionary." That old phrase can apply to a lot of things in life.

Trying2win

norm f
01-08-2004, 01:39 AM
If you want a starting place that doesnt cost anthing Ken try this
go to

http://www.ustrotting.com/handicapping/pandolfo/pandy.cfm

Read this and at the bottom of "THIS"article you will see pandycapping archives.
Here you'll find over 3 years worth of articles that are worth reading, it will take some time ,but it is well worth the read,and should give a starting point, but as Trying said,you're going to have to invest a little of your time