PDA

View Full Version : LK's "world famous" OPP study....

LottaKash
05-23-2012, 07:12 PM
It's seems we have so many really good harness-handicappers on this forum, it almost seems redundant to post any of my picks when others have beaten me to the puch (so to speak)....So rather, since I am in the process of doing a more in depth research thing, I will like to post what I come up with on a daily basis on my new endeavor....I know for me, if someone else had been doing this, I would tune in each day to see what was up from that one, so in that spirit I will start this today...

It has all to do with the ouside Post Positions and the nice little scores that pop up from time to time when some really decent horses on paper, turn out to be the winners of their particular contests....

Often times, I am caught with my pants-down, knowing full well that some of them were just downright "so playable", and yet I didn't, and in fact, went shopping elsewhere in that same race and got spanked by the overachieving outside-slot horse, for all my disrespect....I am sure it has happened to just about all of us, from time to time...."You know, I liked him, and he was my second choice"....haha...Is that you ?...I know it's me, and often enough at that, so I decided to find out more about what makes the outside posts so easy to win from, when it comes to certain types of horses and plays, on certain nites....

What I have found so far, is that the winning horse from the oustside slots, usually have, unless just plain "very lucky", 1 or more key things going for it, and they become much more lucrative as a bet, when they start getting more than 1-key ingredient added to their menu's...

Class, Early Speed, Dr change, Tr Change, 2 or more back to back 1/4 splits especially early or late, combined with a a good looking form line (ala; "Al Stanley" style look and feel)

For the sake of research I will bet them all.. WPS...+

And, top and bottom in an exacta with the FAVE &/or the BTN horse (a BTN horse is one that is getting much more heavy play than his past performance story line would suggest)

I will also denote the strenght of my belief of his honest to goodness chances,with; a 1-VG ( a very gettable horse, maybe a favorite too).....a 2- AGAA (as good as any in this race, not necessarily a big edge tho)....or a 3-M ( a marginal horse, but with something that can't quite be quantified, but of interest to me, alll the same)...

I will also labe a horse withl any of my 10-main things that I use all the time.....A labelled horse is a play at any good odds...The Labels will be CLW, R, ABC, TOFF, FQQ, Cl4, S/L, XMV, NH, DEF2, AZTR, ADR, and DOT ....After awhile you may figure out and catch on as to what they may mean, but until I finish the book, haha, you will have to wait for my meanings...

================================================

Tonite there seems to be more than the usual one or none suspects that I give a decent chance to score from the outside posts....And they are all at Pocono tonite...

Hold that thought...!...haha....The horses that I liked were at Chester and not Pocono for tonite....So, I will not redboard (that's over with now), as what would be the point ?...

But, I will pick this up again, as soon as I spot something for the outside slots considerations....

Stay tuned, if you like....

LottaKash
05-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Just spotted this one once I switched my allegiance to Mea from Pcd...

5-Race @Mea ....#7 -DELCREST JULIAN.....AGAA (ppc3 BB..3LQQ) .keeps Dave Palone....Bet as FAVE in first 2 starts this year, Won a 1/4 million as a 3yo last year....tried a big move in last and lost by a nk for the effort....A bunch of droppers may allow a good number for this, at a minimum, AGAA hoss...I am biting...

best,

LottaKash
05-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Just spotted this one once I switched my allegiance to Mea from Pcd...

5-Race @Mea ....#7 -DELCREST JULIAN.....AGAA (ppc3 BB..3LQQ) .keeps Dave Palone....Bet as FAVE in first 2 starts this year, Won a 1/4 million as a 3yo last year....tried a big move in last and lost by a nk for the effort....A bunch of droppers may allow a good number for this, at a minimum, AGAA hoss...I am biting...

best,

Was 5/1 for awhile then 4...banged late to 2d fave status, but won it on the engine, and ez...Well meant tonite..

OPP RESULTS:

5-23-12.....R5-Mea...Delcrest Julian......Won.....$5.80...3.00...3.20...
......................Ex w/fave = $15.60

Sea Biscuit
05-24-2012, 01:09 AM
Was 5/1 for awhile then 4...banged late to 2d fave status, but won it on the engine, and ez...Well meant tonite..

OPP RESULTS:

5-23-12.....R5-Mea...Delcrest Julian......Won.....$5.80...3.00...3.20...
......................Ex w/fave = $15.60

Good pick John.

We want more of the same.

LottaKash
05-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Good pick John.

We want more of the same.

Thx Biscuit, but you want more of "WillP's" picks, as I stole it from him...He listed that pik earlier in that day....I hadn't looked at his picks prior to race, actually....But, he was an "OPP" pick, still, I never look at anyone's picks, until I am sure about what I "see & perceive" on the printed program firstly....But, I look at everyone picks, all the time....Some real sharp shooters around these parts, I'd say...

best,

mrroyboy
05-24-2012, 08:06 PM
John

As always if you need help with research or anything I am available

Sea Biscuit
05-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Thx Biscuit, but you want more of "WillP's" picks, as I stole it from him...He listed that pik earlier in that day....I hadn't looked at his picks prior to race, actually....But, he was an "OPP" pick, still, I never look at anyone's picks, until I am sure about what I "see & perceive" on the printed program firstly....But, I look at everyone picks, all the time....Some real sharp shooters around these parts, I'd say...

best,

Who is "WillP'?

LottaKash
05-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Who is "WillP'?

Biscuit, WillP is none other than our own WillPhorse...You know the guy who is pickin' all them winners round here lately...:jump:

best,