PDA

View Full Version : Obama in your electric bill

JustRalph
05-22-2012, 04:21 PM
At least he finally has kept a campaign promise

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/05/22/obamas-war-on-coal-hits-your-electric-bill/print#ixzz1vdALNXOI

Dig deep!

Let's Roll
05-22-2012, 05:23 PM
At least he finally has kept a campaign promise

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/05/22/obamas-war-on-coal-hits-your-electric-bill/print#ixzz1vdALNXOI

Dig deep!
So, is this another "accomplishment" ??

HUSKER55
05-22-2012, 05:43 PM
well...of course. it is high time the rich get soaked even more.

just like everything else BO does he forgot the PFC (poor effing civilian).

we need a recall election on BO:D

JustRalph
05-22-2012, 05:53 PM
This is going to hurt poor people very very badly.

For the sake of his environmentally concerned constituents, people will go without and be cold next winter. Not to mention Air conditioning will be at a premium this summer. These prices are huge increases.

Discretionary spending will be influenced and businesses will be hurt by this also. This stuff trickles down.

boxcar
05-22-2012, 06:12 PM
This is going to hurt poor people very very badly.

For the sake of his environmentally concerned constituents, people will go without and be cold next winter. Not to mention Air conditioning will be at a premium this summer. These prices are huge increases.

Discretionary spending will be influenced and businesses will be hurt by this also. This stuff trickles down.

Nah, it's not going to hurt the poor. Congress will create another entitlement program specifically to help energy-deprived citizens. This should get millions more on the welfare rolls. It's all about Dependency. But it will hurt the economy because those who are still barely above the income threshold will have no discretionary dollars to spend. So, Obama wins two ways. He creates more welfare junkies and gets to drive more nails into the private sector.

Boxcar

fast4522
05-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Don't count on it, Romney promised to deport Obama's uncle who is here illegally and just got his drivers license back, go figure. That is more than good enough for me to get my vote. I am not telling you what to do but, we as a people can not afford to pay for many more vacations for the rich and famous residents of Pennsylvania Avenue.

pandy
05-24-2012, 11:32 PM
I remember Senator Obama speaking to environmentalists in San Francisco and saying that he would enact laws that forced the price of electricity to skyrocket. He got a big hand.

boxcar
05-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Don't count on it, Romney promised to deport Obama's uncle who is here illegally and just got his drivers license back, go figure. That is more than good enough for me to get my vote. I am not telling you what to do but, we as a people can not afford to pay for many more vacations for the rich and famous residents of Pennsylvania Avenue.

Politicians say anything to get elected. Rom probably has forgotten already that he made the promise. :D

Boxcar

Tom
05-25-2012, 07:58 AM
I remember Senator Obama speaking to environmentalists in San Francisco and saying that he would enact laws that forced the price of electricity to skyrocket. He got a big hand.

If more people had listened to this idiot, he never would have won in the first place.

Our resident libs here are all responsible for this.
I hope with all my heart it drives a few of them on to the streets after they lose their homes.

I mean that.

Lefty
05-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Won't hurt the poor as we'll get more welfare programs. But it will definitely hurt the middle class. The sad thing is, why didn't people listen to him when he promised that electricity would skyrocket? I sure did, but too many people drank his Koolaide.

pandy
05-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Won't hurt the poor as we'll get more welfare programs. But it will definitely hurt the middle class. The sad thing is, why didn't people listen to him when he promised that electricity would skyrocket? I sure did, but too many people drank his Koolaide.

The conference that I saw where he promised skyrocketing energy prices was not reported at all by the mainstream media. I was shocked that McCain didn't play video clips from this particular speech during his campaign.

NJ Stinks
05-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Coal demand down, natural gas demand up. From UPI.com:

EIA: U.S. coal consumption to decline

Published: March. 30, 2012 at 6:53 AM

WASHINGTON, March 30 (UPI) -- Coal demand from the power sector in the United States is expected to decline this year to its lowest level since 1995, the U.S. Energy Department said.

The Energy Department's Energy Information Administration projects that coal consumption in the electric power sector for 2012 is expected to fall to less than 900 million tons, the lowest level since the 1990s, as more of the industry switches to natural gas.

"The decline in coal consumption reflects, in part, the continued switch by the electric industry to natural gas," the EIA said in its forecast. "Power sector demand for natural gas is expected to grow by almost 9 percent this year to a record high of 22.7 billion cubic feet per day."

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency announced plans Tuesday to impose rules that would limit emissions from new power plants. The EPA said the proposed standards are in line with trends in natural gas while also charting a path toward less-polluting facilities.

The U.S. power sector consumers about 92 percent of all of the coal produced domestically. The EIA predicted natural gas consumption for power generation would rise from 24.8 percent in 2011 to 27.1 percent this year. Coal consumption is expected to drop from 42.2 percent to 40.4 percent during the same period.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Energy-Resources/2012/03/30/EIA-US-coal-consumption-to-decline/UPI-34171333104807/#ixzz1vv44zEx8

Lefty
05-25-2012, 08:04 PM
They are making electric companies get at least 20% from Solar and Solar is not cost effective: Coal is.
Thanks, Obama, your plan to ruin America is working-so far...

fast4522
05-25-2012, 08:40 PM
I am happy that Florida has wised up about the Kenyan, it is looking like we don't need Boxcar's vote anyway.

bigmack
05-25-2012, 08:49 PM
I am happy that Florida has wised up about the Kenyan, it is looking like we don't need Boxcar's vote anyway.
Polls say, 91% of conservatives have now embraced Mitt.

Boxcah still thinks he's a Progressive. :lol:

Tom
05-26-2012, 10:24 AM
I have not embraced him as much as I have gagged on the Obama Kool Aid.

jognlope
05-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Paying National Grid's cushy salaries, early retirement packages and beefed up benefits is why NG's bill is high. Oh yeah the "delivery charge" that's a laugh. It's sometimes a half more than the usage charge. Scum bags.

ElKabong
05-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Coal demand down, natural gas demand up. From UPI.com:

EIA: U.S. coal consumption to decline

Published: March. 30, 2012 at 6:53 AM

WASHINGTON, March 30 (UPI) -- Coal demand from the power sector in the United States is expected to decline this year to its lowest level since 1995, the U.S. Energy Department said.

The Energy Department's Energy Information Administration projects that coal consumption in the electric power sector for 2012 is expected to fall to less than 900 million tons, the lowest level since the 1990s, as more of the industry switches to natural gas.

"The decline in coal consumption reflects, in part, the continued switch by the electric industry to natural gas," the EIA said in its forecast. "Power sector demand for natural gas is expected to grow by almost 9 percent this year to a record high of 22.7 billion cubic feet per day."

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency announced plans Tuesday to impose rules that would limit emissions from new power plants. The EPA said the proposed standards are in line with trends in natural gas while also charting a path toward less-polluting facilities.

The U.S. power sector consumers about 92 percent of all of the coal produced domestically. The EIA predicted natural gas consumption for power generation would rise from 24.8 percent in 2011 to 27.1 percent this year. Coal consumption is expected to drop from 42.2 percent to 40.4 percent during the same period.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Energy-Resources/2012/03/30/EIA-US-coal-consumption-to-decline/UPI-34171333104807/#ixzz1vv44zEx8

Take a look at a chart of NG pricing since 1/1/12....it's taken off

Things in play...

-with an over-supply, the NG players are planning / implementing ramping down production
-local gov'ts here in TX are asking NG players to try to "recycle water " from the fracking process...that doesn't sit well with NG producers, the costs will skyrocket, we (public) will end up paying for it
-more and more in yrs ahead, NG will be leaned on for a source of energy

Chesapeake and others may be down a bit now, long term they look good.

Glad I locked in my company's elect pricing thru 4.5 yrs.....rocky road ahead for pricing

JustRalph
05-28-2012, 12:21 AM
Paying National Grid's cushy salaries, early retirement packages and beefed up benefits is why NG's bill is high. Oh yeah the "delivery charge" that's a laugh. It's sometimes a half more than the usage charge. Scum bags.

Funny, i bet you dont feel the same way about public employee unions? How about the Obama Whitehouse? You know, where women are paid 25% less than men.

How about Jon Favreau? 175k to write speeches part time?

You know him. Famous Hollywood director of Iron man and other projects. He is also an actor worth millions.

But god forbid some electric company exec be Bold enough to take a high salary. Especially when our President is trying so hard to save the planet.

Obama has directly with the pen in his hand caused an increase that is estimated to be as much as a 138% percent increase in electric rates before the end of this year. Depending on where you live. Some of the hardest hit areas will be places like my home state of Ohio. I still own rental property there. One of my properties is in the area that is predicted to have a near 100% increase.

My tenant Is a family of four. 2 kids and mom and dad. They pay their rent on time rarely anymore. Dad is laid off since last fall. I have not moved to evict. They are normally a month behind or so. I eat the fees from the management company. Approx 500 bucks last year that i ate. I just told the management company to take the late fees out of my account in lieu of eviction by the terms of the lease. What in the hell do you think is going to happen this winter? No way they can afford a hundred percent increase in electric rates.

Some of us can sit back and bitch and whine about Obama. People like me are going to have to make some tough decisions based on his impractical bullshit.

You might be able to log on and support him on this board and banter away about dirty profit making executives.i have two homes that are caught in the real estate let down. I rent them out. I am not some fat cat rental property baron. But guess what? In a few months i have to decide whether or not to evict mom and dad and their two kids under 10 yrs old.

People say politics doesnt matter. I will tell the kids that...........

ElKabong
05-28-2012, 01:18 AM
people like jognlope humor the hell outta me. They'll parrot Obama's lines and thinking, but won't do a damn thing to fight the higher prices. Only bitch about exec's salaries.

Obama is going to be THE reason for a lot of middle income households moving backwards. Yet the lemming left won't hold him accountable. It's all about the (blue) laundry to them

Your "rock star" has put us as a nation much deeper in debt, made it tougher for the average American to survive (much less thrive). You're too ignorant or stubborn to see it. Normally I'd say I feel badly for you, but people of such ignorance usually wind up eating cat food after age 65.

You've deserved your treat...too bad you're dragging others down with you. That's where "Trickle Up Poverty" is dangerous.

jognlope
05-30-2012, 11:14 AM
My God you are so off. JustRalph sorry about that family. It's great of you to help them.

Talk to any New Yorker and they hate, loath and despise National Grid. I was riding with the bus driver and she would like to blow their building up and she's not even a complainer!!!

There are youtube videos of public hearing, attended by the older salt of the earth Adirondack folks, who remember the better days of Niagara Mohawk and now this despicable National Grid has evolved with delivery fees that are more than usage fees, looking like they're about to have a coronary they're so disgusted.

I want linemen who do the risky jobs to keep our lights on. But they lie. The average heating bill in New York is 80-120% higher than other states. And what do they need billions of profit for if they are a nonprofit, a utility?

They're a corporate monopoly clear and simple and in bed with the NY state legislature.

As far as a high price of electricity to reduce coal emissions, give it right to me, I'll be glad to pay the increase to save our environment.

jognlope
05-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Please .... Obama is responsible for about 10% of the deficit and it was stimulus money completely necessary to avoid a depression.

newtothegame
05-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Yeah, lol Obama does no wrong...it's all about NG being in bed with NY politicians lol. Obama is here to save the needy.......
Oops....remember this little tid bit Jog?

Cuts in HEAP Program Spurs Warning for Applicants

"The Campaign for Home Energy Assistance estimates that the average household in New York state got about $500 dollars (http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/139806/13/Cuts-in-HEAP-Program-Spurs-Warning-for-Applicants#) in assistance funding back in 2010. But the amount with the cuts could be $100 to 200 dollars less. The group also estimates that over 1.3 million households in the state recieved the benefit last year."

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/139806/13/Cuts-in-HEAP-Program-Spurs-Warning-for-Applicants

I guess Obama is in bed with those same politicians......

Or, is it just NG your upset with? You seem to mention the prices in NY for NG services. Do you not realize that EVERYTHING in NY is substantially higher then anywhere else in the U.S (besides maybe Cali)? If not mistaken, I believe there is almost a 5.00 per pack of cigs tax in NY. I guess MO is in bed with NY as well. And yes, I know cigs are bad for people but that's just an example. I am sure I read recently that NYC is the MOST EXPENSIVE CITY in the U.S in which to live. Guess all the vendors who have a product in NY are in bed with the politicians....lol.
Some people will never get it!

DJofSD
05-30-2012, 12:37 PM
As I understand it, there are forced upgrades to NG due to rules inplace surrounding existing power plants. If a plant shuts down for any reason before it can be restarted it can only burn NG. So, power plants will continue to operate just so they don't have to convert to NG ahead of schedule, and, more importantly, so they can continue to burn coal.

And, proven time and time again, competition will bring down costs. What am I talking about? The pipelines. If costs for NG is high and a large percentage is due to what the pipeline operators are charging then go to other pipeline. Oh, what's that you say, there isn't another business and pipeline? Oh dear, I guess the gubermint knows what's best.

I think Red needs to be the next energy czar.

jognlope
05-30-2012, 07:56 PM
So I guess this means you won't be signing the petition?

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/3/stop-national-grid-delivery-rip0off/

newtothegame
05-30-2012, 09:46 PM
The only "petition" I will be signing this year is with a VOTE to remove this imbicile from office! :lol:

jognlope
05-31-2012, 12:33 PM
Wow really impressed with your ability to be succinct.

Tom Coburn is a Rep. and he's absolutely a great package, but never wants the presidency. He's kind, smart, experienced, insightful, but not gonna happen. Too bad.

newtothegame
06-02-2012, 05:23 AM
Not to worry though Jog, looks like BIG OIL is in bed with NY politicians too.....:bang:

NY, CA, and CT Levy Highest State Gasoline Taxes in Nation

By Elizabeth Harrington (http://cnsnews.com/source/elizabeth-harrington)
June 1, 2012

New York, California, and Connecticut round out the top three with the highest state gasoline taxes in the nation (http://taxfoundation.org/article/state-gasoline-tax-rates-january-1-2012), based on 2012 rates compiled by the Tax Foundation, and residents in each state are paying well above the national average for gasoline (http://fuelgaugereport.aaa.com/?redirectto=http://fuelgaugereport.opisnet.com/index.asp), which currently is $3.61 per gallon.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ny-ca-and-ct-levy-highest-state-gasoline-taxes-nation

JustRalph
06-04-2012, 04:25 AM
From DU

It's only a problem if a Repub does it

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002761686

Obama can flat out state that he is going to kill electric companies and raise your utilities.......but god forbid a Repub might make your bills go up

Duplicity reigns supreme

jognlope
06-04-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm willing to pay more to keep environment clean, just not the souped up "delivery charges." If they are charging more because of bad weather that went through Scoharie and wrecked homes and peoples lives and they did a lot of extra work, why not have it be a temporary emergency increase, not permanent delivery charges that are up 40% higher than usage. It used to be you had a bill for usage and that was it. I talked with an older guy, said his bill was around $5-7 in late 80s.

JustRalph
06-04-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm willing to pay more to keep environment clean, just not the souped up "delivery charges." If they are charging more because of bad weather that went through Scoharie and wrecked homes and peoples lives and they did a lot of extra work, why not have it be a temporary emergency increase, not permanent delivery charges that are up 40% higher than usage. It used to be you had a bill for usage and that was it. I talked with an older guy, said his bill was around $5-7 in late 80s.

The thing you miss? Taxes and charges of this nature are never "temp" charges. The people of Pennsylvania are still paying the "temp" tax for the Johnstown flood. 18% on liquor. Btw, that temp tax was put on the rolls in 1936. This is just another example of government chicanery and the ever present goal of getting into your wallet.

http://www.johnstownfloodtax.com/

Btw, I am not willing to pay more to keep the environment more clean. I have no control over the environmental mess that is made by others, I have no interest in paying for causes that I am against. Forcing me to pay extra to help the environment is straight up tyranny.

Btw, That phrasing you use, "I don't mind paying more for the environment" is bullshit that sounds good coming out of someones mouth who has been brainwashed by the government.

jognlope
06-04-2012, 05:46 PM
I haven't been brainwashed. I have seen the results of acid rain up here in the Adirondacks, dead fish around the perimeter of Friends Lake years ago, but then the emissions were cleaned up. Trout are alive and well!! A guy broke the record last year, caught a 22 inch brook trout.

bigmack
06-04-2012, 05:51 PM
I haven't been brainwashed. I have seen the results of acid rain up here in the Adirondacks, dead fish around the perimeter of Friends Lake years ago, but then the emissions were cleaned up. Trout are alive and well!! A guy broke the record last year, caught a 22 inch brook trout.
How did you know the fish were dead as a result of acid rain? By the way, what is acid rain?