PDA

View Full Version : American Basketball Asso. intends to buy IEAH pinhooking

Grits
05-22-2012, 02:13 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/ieah-selling-pinhooking-operation

Newman and Iavarone are longtime friends, going back to their days as brokers.

Under the deal, Newman said ABA will retain IEAH as the manager for the pinhooking operation, which IEAH launched in 2009. Pinhookers acquire yearlings, typically at auction in the late summer and fall, and then resell them the next spring during the juvenile auctions.

lamboguy
05-22-2012, 02:22 PM
where is Murray "don't let the dress fool you" Smith in all of this big time pinhooking operation?

Saratoga_Mike
05-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Comical. I love how they both worked together as "investment bankers" - opps I mean retail brokers. What exactly are they getting for their money? Mike's keen eye for horse flesh? Hah. If they're serious about pinhooking, they should use someone with real expertise.

Saratoga_Mike
05-22-2012, 02:27 PM
where is Murray "don't let the dress fool you" Smith in all of this big time pinhooking operation?

No, no - she actually knows what she's doing.

lamboguy
05-22-2012, 02:29 PM
No, no - she actually knows what she's doing.she sure as hell does.

highnote
05-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Do you know how hard it is to find a high quality red, white and blue basketball? I searched all over the internet. Finally found one at abalive.com -- the website of the American Basketball Association. It's a heluva nice basketball -- not real leather, but well made and has a good texture. http://abalive.com/store/attachment/aba-official-ball/

You might be asking why I'm posting about the basketball I bought. Well, it's because me buying an ABA basketball has about as much to do with this post as the ABA has to do with pinhooking.

Why the hell is the ABA buying into a pinhooking operation? This has to be one of the strangest acquisitions I've heard of. Maybe because basketball and horse racing are both sports it can be justified?