PDA

View Full Version : Cuomo takes over NYRA

jeebus1083
05-22-2012, 10:00 AM
http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Cuomo-NYRA-reach-overhaul-deal-3576481.php

"The plan, voted on Tuesday by NYRA directors under pressure from Cuomo, calls for a smaller board of trustees dominated by government appointees who will assure public control of the association for the remainder of Cuomo's term as governor."

classhandicapper
05-22-2012, 01:18 PM
I was at the Bronx Zoo on Sunday. I have no doubt that if I dressed a few of the baboons I saw in a suit and put them in charge, we'd get better results than we are going to get from these political appointees.

Both would shit all over the place, but the baboons wouldn't actually try to do anything positive and makes things worse.

JustRalph
05-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Cuomo got what he wanted. Aqueduct isnt long for racing.

The state was obviously laying in wait for a reason to take over. I guarantee any pushback by Nyra and Hayward is threatened with indictment

castaway01
05-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Cuomo got what he wanted. Aqueduct isnt long for racing.

The state was obviously laying in wait for a reason to take over. I guarantee any pushback by Nyra and Hayward is threatened with indictment

That was the whole deal from the start. Not saying the takeout issue (see million-page thread) wasn't a cause for concern, but that and the breakdowns were the right excuse for the vultures to pounce. It's actually amazing this hasn't happened faster in other states that also need/want the money.

Robert Goren
05-22-2012, 03:52 PM
That was the whole deal from the start. Not saying the takeout issue (see million-page thread) wasn't a cause for concern, but that and the breakdowns were the right excuse for the vultures to pounce. It's actually amazing this hasn't happened faster in other states that also need/want the money.Not to worry there will be plenty of copy cat governors from both parties.