PDA

View Full Version : Very Early Belmont Stakes 2012 pp's

KingChas
05-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Here they are fresh off the press;

http://www.belmontstakes.com/UserFiles/file/Preliminary_Belmont_Contenders_5_20_12.pdf

BlueChip@DRF
05-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Very nice. Thanx.

big frank
05-21-2012, 08:57 PM
thank you ,,,,, Baffert gets revenge with Paynter

mannyberrios
05-21-2012, 09:04 PM
I was just checking him out! He looks good

BlueChip@DRF
05-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Yes, Paynter looks good. Coming in from a sharp 8.5F race. Following the path of Sarava and Da'Tara. He will probably end up as the wiseguy pick.

I'm looking at something along the line of shorter odds. It is what it is. I'm looking at Union Rags. Mind you, even though he lost the Florida Derby, he was not required to win that race. He did hit his best stride late, has never lost ground in the stretch and wet track won't bother him - something like last year's winner Ruler On Ice, so I will take that into account.

Odds may be shorter, but at least he won't be the favorite.

KingChas
05-21-2012, 10:34 PM

No disrespect to anyone's opinions,Paynter looks great at the 1&1/16 easy win.

But,check out the 1&1/8 fig and the high possiblity of the bounce if you believe in such a thing

Let's not forget Baffert's 1st stringer could not beat this horse...IHA...and I do not believe Paynter can beat Bode.
Baffert is grasping.

DigitalDownsJoe
05-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Rested Dullahan could play spoiler here...

Shelby
05-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Thanks!

BlueChip@DRF
05-21-2012, 10:58 PM
No disrespect to anyone's opinions,Paynter looks great at the 1&1/16 easy win.

But,check out the 1&1/8 fig and the high possiblity of the bounce if you believe in such a thing

Let's not forget Baffert's 1st stringer could not beat this horse...IHA...and I do not believe Paynter can beat Bode.
Baffert is grasping.

If Paynter could bounce, why not the same for I'll Have Another? They would both have their 4th start in 2 months and both are coming off a top Beyer last out.

Grits
05-22-2012, 05:24 AM
Thank you, KC!!!

BlueShoe
05-22-2012, 02:18 PM
While I usually love horses coming off of swift easy wins, this time do not care for Paynter, the colt getting a lot of early buzz. Just do not think that he is seasoned enough to go 1 1/2 miles against these. Have to wonder if he will even go, or if Baffert will wait for Saratoga with him. This early, without knowing who goes and who scratches, hard to really say how I will play the race. The obvious chalky wager is to key IHA on top to a few others in tris and supers that are viewed as contenders. Dullahan and Union Rags are must uses, after that? Alpha and Street Life look like possibilities at this time, but will wait and see.